Where's SaidinWoT? Weekly Tracking Reports

A great read Saidin, and some good points you made there. I have to agree, that maybe that message could be put at the beginning of the fight rather than the beginning of the quest, so that people can do up to that point of the quest without the combat level.

Being level 107 Combat when I did the quest, it was a very difficult fight even for me. I know of quite a few people that died a number of times who are lower levels, but to give those under Combat 85 a chance to try is debatable. To put a warning maybe? That would open doors to people saying "I want my stuff back I died, bad Jagex for not making a Combat Requirement." Either way is open to arguments.

shey.png

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's true, Shey, but in my mind, when you're going into a quest with the knowledge of how high level a monster will be (and they generally make that clear, for the people who take the time to read the front page announcement), you should be aware that there is a chance of losing your items. It should not be Jagex's responsibility to baby people along so they can't get hurt... they should have the common sense to not walk into a battle with a level 450 while wearing a blue party hat. Certainly there should be warnings incorporated into the storyline - a prisoner who tells you of the horrible monster he's witnessed, a person you're helping telling you that the last time they attempted the battle, the monster attacked with magic, melee, AND range, all while his prayer remained ineffective. But simply barring people from a quest, whether to make an item high level (as I believe their reasoning was), or to escape rants, is just plain wrong.

I had another significant annoyance with this quest, but I can't remember it right now... I did a second ago, but I was in the middle of typing the above paragraph, and I had lost it by the end. Oh well :x

saidinwotsmall2zo.jpg

Add your blog to the BlogScape Index!

SaidinWoT can now be tracked easily on weekends - Erm, maybe when I start playing again.

Levels do not measure intelligence OR maturity.

First of all; thanks for stopping the spamming of ickdeep, but banning him seems a bit overreacting to me.

And Welcome Back! I know I haven't posted here much, maybe I haven't posted at all yet, but I like this blog. And I've read a fair share of it. I think I even attended to your 91 Rc party, not sure though, it could have been someone else's too. Good Luck on your goals! 99 Rc would be awesome! (It'd take a very long time though.)

And another congratulations from me. I've had several debates on the RSOF rants forum about the combat requirement of the Dream Mentor quest, but you're the only one who has convinced me it's stupid like this. I agree it should have been introduced at another way now. (But the monster was very hard though, I died with Cb high in the 90's, definitely one of the hardest quest I've ever done. It was because of lagg though.)

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

I personally didn't ban ickdeep, and I'm not sure who did - just to get that out there.

Thanks for the welcome watchtwoord :) 99 RC will take a very long time indeed, and life is being quite jealous whenever I try to use time on RS :(

Thanks Hazezor, as well :wink:

I finally remembered my third and final argument, and, just for completeness sake, I'll go ahead and post it:

There are three things in this entire game that are limited by a set combat level - Pest Control, Achievement Diaries, and Dream Mentor. These are the only things in the game which deny a player access to a feature because of their combat level (note that I am very aware that other things block people based on specific levels, such as attack, defence, strength, etc. If you read my first post about Dream Mentor, you'd know that I'm perfectly fine with that kind of requirement, and as such it won't be discussed here :wink: ). Of these, Pest Control had the most reason - Jagex didn't want low level players spoiling a minigame based entirely on combat. Achievement Diaries could be argued as having some reason - it really is an achievement to be able to get an assignment from Duradel. Of the three, in my eyes at least, Dream Mentor lacks reason. Combining the extremely small number of things which have a set combat level with my last two points, it really does appear to me that they were just trying to force the quest to be considered high level and force the quest cape to be thought of as the same.

And that concludes my arguments about Dream Mentor, so I won't have anymore lengthy posts on it now :anxious:

saidinwotsmall2zo.jpg

SaidinWoT can now be tracked easily on weekends - Erm, maybe when I start playing again.

I absolutely love your signature's picture <3: . A lot of the best

blogs like this one are hidden down deep in the pages hardly

ever posted on by people or updated .

I hope that you further rune craft it would be a shame if you did

not continue from level 91 and great double nature runes.

I agree by what you meen with the level 84 requirement to

obtain a quest cape but its with a lot of things people are wanting

the quest cape to be avalible to only higher levels to make it

harder but others do not its the same with new age limits on

smoking, driving anything.

good luck again and if you have time could you browse my blog

you do not have to post i just would really appreciate if you viewed it

(link in my signature)

563rd to 99 mining on 15/08/07

99 Farming

Just a minor update... I've finally done some crafting and hit 6m xp. Only took me a month and a half :oops:

Thanks for all the compliments samurai :) I do intend to continue, but it's slow. As I've said before, life is a jealous master. I've looked at your blog, and will post in it sometime. I tend to read a lot more than I post, though :)

saidinwotsmall2zo.jpg

aww god i cant call you a hypocrit now :anxious: :P .i guess that you cant get a better reason fort achieving 90+ in a skill because you love it.i totally agree about dream mentor,wasnt it a feat anyway to get a questcape with the current lineup of quests at say under lvl85.i know a few who got it at 80 combat even 72 combat so why should they denie these persistant,maybe even a bit too fanatical about quests*not directed at you saidin :anxious: *to be denied the pleasurre of doing a quest.I am also unhappy because it means that i would have to level to 85(84 at the moment) which wouldnt be handy because it brings me upto another bracket of rc pkers who otherwise wouldnt be able to pk me because im too lower a level.

great blog and i saw you the otherday passing through the fally riots before i lagged out due to all the spamm.i cant even play on w99 anymore because of the rioters.ggod luck with other essence morphing adventures and quests.

tifsdac6mc.gif

I decided to dig deep into the blog scape's pages to find your

thread and give you a kind bump. Congratulations on seven

million rune crafting experience that must have taken a lot of

hard work. Hope to see your blog updated more because i really

enjoy reading especially your quest guides they are quiet well made.

Good luck on 99 rune crafting and any other goals you may have,

by the way i think your bank picture is a lil out of date :wink: .

99 Farming

Well, after two days of complete obsession with Harry Potter (yes, I am obsessed with the Harry Potter series, and I did find the new book very good :) ), I have returned, and plan on doing yet more RuneCrafting (huge surprise, I'm sure!)

Thanks again samurai, piman, and kris!

saidinwotsmall2zo.jpg

You should give up on rc for now and go mine rune ess. You know you want to. :-w

tallest.jpeg

571st to 99 Fm Nov. 4 '06 - 315th to 99 Crafting Mar. 3 '07 - 3410th to 99 Fishing Sept. 18 '07

26378th to 99 Cooking Oct. 16 '07 -.- 99 Thieving Dec. 29 '07 - 1343rd to 99 Farming June 5 '08

1807th to 99 Agility Nov. 8 '08 - 3094th to 99 Smithing Feb. 14 '09

2012 total - 91 combat

• 4 weeks later...

Well, if it's bumped, I might as well post in it. I've decided to convert my second post into an Index for Blogs, which I hope to separate into its own topic soon.

As for RuneScape, I have fished, cooked, constructed, and, eternally more importantly, runecrafted. My fishing is up to 78 (finally got beyond 75, so I can fish sharks now!), cooking is 80 (can cook them too, though I'd rather not till I burn them less than every single time), construction is 64 (and I'm still homeless!), and runecrafting... hasn't changed.

I return to school Monday, so what little time I had to spare between Crewbieness and homework is about to be used up as well. And that's everything for now. Become part of the index to help others find your blogs easily!

saidinwotsmall2zo.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

The blog index is a great idea i have thought about something

similar while digging deep into pages after a blog, add my blog

to the index please ?

[url=http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=653033Samurai's Blog to 99 farming[/code]

Good job on all the very different levels you have been achieving. =D>

99 Farming

Well.. this certainly hasn't been updated in a while.

Since my last update, I've gone from 78 to 81 fishing, 73 to 75 woodcutting, and gained 300k runecrafting experience... Not much, just stuff I've gained during school

The main post of the blog has lost its 'current effort' portion, but all my levels since January 20, 2007 have been added in, since the blog was mainly about my runecrafting.

saidinwotsmall2zo.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
After 4 months of no RuneCrafting levels, I've finally claimed level 92, and I'm finally halfway to 99! :o
What,,,,????? You're level 92 rc, i thought you were in the low 80 :wall: , last time i checked you were around them.. :-s
mathisfun.png

• 4 weeks later...

Having found my blog on the first page, I decided it was time to make my minor updates. Most of my time is spent on schoolwork (or avoiding it), so there's rather little time spent on RS. However, I've managed to get another 3 fishing levels since my last update, and today I managed to get the ebil xp amount in RC - 6,666,666 :o

saidinwotsmall2zo.jpg

Woohoo!

Nice work Saidin!! \'

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010