simpsons vs limparse

keeko17

im a big fan of the simpsons and have been watching it since i was 7 years old i am now 15 and i have never been offended by the language and content of this cartoon series even though there has been some strong lanuagae such as the B WORD which is used by a 10 year old boy (bart). offensive adult content on tv is aired after the water shed which is 9pm uk time yet the simpsons is aired from 6pm onwards meaning any body can watch it. the point i am trying to make is that runescape is a for 13 year olds and upwards yet the name limparse is deemed offensive towards its players. i have not encountered one person in real life and in the runescape world that actually finds this name offensive. which is rather mild compared a programme aired before the water shed. when i see the name limparse, i see lim-parse and not limp-arse

my question is what is more offensive the word limparse or the contents of the simpsons :?:

You sound like limpy on another account...

awesome_bloodvelds_siggeh.pngpossiblesig11.png

:^_^: I drew that smilie, btw, along with a few more used by this site.

Classic bloodveld for lyph3! Although I do like the new ones.

Like a ninja, here I was, gone I am now.

BUT! I may be back! Add my new account, Dr Bloodveld!

Lmao! Geez, Everyone would stick up for their family! But anyway I really don't understand why you compared his name to a TV program... Maybe compare to something else...

sig5235ro7.jpg

acctually im limps daughter!!!!!

Of cource you would agree with your dad, he is the one who lets you watch simpsons ;)

the fact is, your right, no one prolly finds limparse offensive(except for some parents who see your name, while watching their kid play. The Internet, though helpful, can be very dangerous, and very vulgar for little kids. This is why jagex has stuck by their rule of offensive language. Now, it also their game, so they have the right to ban anyone that they feel breaks their code of conduct. The only way you could be unjustly banned is if you were not to break any of their rules, and have hard proof of it.

w4M8t.png

I agree, I never look at names in depth anyway and the only person that I see does would be parents that watch their kids pray because they dont trust them (my parents do) so I think that the banning of 'limparse' was unjust andIi think that a simple google search of an innocent topic would prove to be more vulgaer then playing Run Escape... I also think that now that they have enacted the 13+ rune only and that they have all of the legal stuff that they shouldnt care as much because they know that they cant be sued and that it really is a parents fault if their kid is seeing things that arent appropriate for their age. Right now JAGex seems to be ban happy and are banning lots of peoplke for things that are completely insane. Think saying "google" and stuff like that :roll:

aside from the stupidity in not putting this in the thread about limparse (there a reason for 2?), your point isn't very good.

Just because a show is on TV doesn't mean parents let their kids watch it. I know several parents who don't let their children watch the Simpsons because they don't feel it is appropriate.

When parents let their kids play Runescape they expect a clean environment, so Jagex has a duty to give childrens' parents what they want.

when i see the name limparse, i see lim-parse and not limp-arse.

Pardon me for saying but there's your reason why your dad's account got banned. Even you referred his character as limp instead of lim. Hence, it is not difficult to surmise why Jagex would view it as limp-arse rather lim-parse.

I don't mean to sound callous but any account that has an offensive word in it, no matter how remote, is doomed for banning from the very beginning and that includes your dad. I believe it would have dawned to him during the creation of the account, there was a certain risk that the name limparse might be misconstrued as something negative but your dad still went ahead and tried his luck. 10 months later, he got the final verdict.

All I can say is, if the name sounds distasteful, donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t use it, even though it isnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t offensive in another language. You will end up frustrated when the law catches up with you and you would have wasted all your effort.

when i see the name limparse, i see lim-parse and not limp-arse.

Pardon me for saying but there's your reason why your dad's account got banned. Even you referred his character as limp instead of lim. Hence, it is not difficult to surmise why Jagex would view it as limp-arse rather lim-parse.

I don't mean to sound callous but any account that has an offensive word in it, no matter how remote, is doomed for banning from the very beginning and that includes your dad. I believe it would have dawned to him during the creation of the account, there was a certain risk that the name limparse might be misconstrued as something negative but your dad still went ahead and tried his luck. 10 months later, he got the final verdict.

All I can say is, if the name sounds distasteful, donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t use it, even though it isnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t offensive in another language. You will end up frustrated when the law catches up with you and you would have wasted all your effort.

I don't entirely agree with you on this point. I for one agree that it is pretty bogus in his case. There is nowhere in the TaC that says English is the "official language" or anything of that sort...

While he could've been more careful and realized how the English players may take the name offensively, he's more or less being banned for using an innocent Portugese word, which is BOGUS.

In Spanish, which is similar to Portugese to the extent that I can follow most written Portugese I see, any transitive verb ends with a "se" at the end. (correct me if this adj. is wrong, same point nonetheless... while I've spoken Spanish for over 7 years, I haven't had classes or used it in the last 2)

There are 3 primary verb forms, "=ar" verbs, "-er" and "-ir". So anybody wanting to use a Spanish verb of this form as their name will have "arse" at the end.

e.g. callarse, cantarse, etc.

i've no idea who this limparse person is, but the first time i looked at it i saw the spanish word (meaning to clean oneself, which sounds wrong, but it's just the non-conjugated form) as oddguest said:

In Spanish, which is similar to Portugese to the extent that I can follow most written Portugese I see, any transitive verb ends with a "se" at the end.

There are 3 primary verb forms, "=ar" verbs, "-er" and "-ir". So anybody wanting to use a Spanish verb of this form as their name will have "arse" at the end.

e.g. callarse, cantarse, etc.

it's kind of clear to me that it wasn't limparse's intent to have the name limp-arse, but either the spanish or some other random thing.. it just doesn't seem likely anyone would be stupid enough to name their account intending limp-arse on purpose.. but it is all very subjective.

ubersig2se0.jpg

You sound like a stoner on another drug...
Well that is coming from you, so I'm not surprized you would think that :lol:

Limparse... Big bloody deal.

Im sure people would find my rs name much more offensive than that...

I don't find the name Stuart offensive... :lol:

I don't see the point in this thread, naturally you would stand up for family...

sig5235ro7.jpg

You cant really conpare them.. I have about 8 seasons of the simpsons on dvd, and i am 20 :oops:, Anyways back on topic.. I dont think he should have got banned but this is not the right place for this topic to be.. Maybe the rant section :?

homerhc6.jpg

Respect- Oy_the_Great, Lode, Bubsa, Weezcake, Thrash111, Gloric, Vmser, Pianofrieak2, Runemetsa

Sigs Made By - Pink

I said this before on another thread. There is a difference between RuneScape and The Simpson's. While the Simpson's is only a tv show, RuneScape is a video game, the most evil of all creations. We have to take extra meassures in games like this to protect kids from this great evil. Sure, Simpsons may have a bit more though, but it just doesn't have the same potency as a video game.

Look, if your mom still drops you off at school, you ain't gangsta, pull up your damn pants!

142qvyv.jpg

3 down, 7 to go