Hunting: from 0 to 50 in 12 hours/ updated to lvl 99

howzitboy

i finally decided to work on my Hunting skill, so I hit all the forums to see how its done. Found some useful information but no real guides on how to get it done FAST! so, here u go:

303cuf6.jpg

first you hit to Yanille's hunting shop. Buy 3 bird traps and 3 box traps.

2vmd09k.jpg

Now follow this map south till you see some Crimson Swifts flying around (the big X). Set up one trap and step back bout 5 or so steps and wait till you catch a bird. Sometimes the bird will trip the snare but not get caught, so just reset it. It dont take many birds to reach lvl 10 at 34xp a bird. once you reach 10 head here:

huntsecond.jpg

I just walked it ( i like to walk) but you can teleport to Ardougne. follow the map all way till you see the falcon fenced area on the west side. Your next prey are Copper longtails. Set your bird trap and wait again. heres where i set mine. it shows 2 traps cuz once you hit lvl 20, you can place a second! When you can place 2 traps, set them bout 6 spaces apart and put your guy on RUN! lol

huntercopper.jpg

from lvls 10 to 19 you got time to cook the meat and bury the bones, but once you hit lvl 20 forget it. You will barely have times to bury the bones. The levels go by soo fast you have no time to rest! Now you should hit lvl 35 really fast(those 61xp each help) so its time for your next long walk.

huntwagtail.jpg

Yup, back to where you started from! now your target spot is the farthest south/west u can go. You will see a small area with some Tropical Wagtails buzzing by and some of those cute little chimichungas. Set your two traps right by the edge where the Wagtails fly back and forth and once again. You will have NO time to bury bones and dump the meat. Sorry i lost the shot of where i placed my traps but you cant miss them. Once again the lvls will fly past(an amazing 95xp a bird!). i got from lvl 1 to 36 in 8 hours. Once you hit lvl 45, its time for a small ... detour. Head north to Ardougne and do the Eagles peak quest. You're gonna need it for the next lvls.

side note! for quicker gains, at lvl 27 do the quest! way faster gains doing ferrets at 27! wish i knew...

hunteaglespeak.jpg

After you finish the quest, come back to where you finished the quest (climb down the mountain part) and wow, what do u see? 8 ferrets all running around!

huntferrets.jpg

This time you are gonna use those box traps. Since you hit lvl 40, you can place 3 traps so set them up like I did(all in a row).Don't bother placing bait cuz you dont need it!

Hope your fingers are rested cuz this is gonna be fast xp gains. I was gaining soo fast i had to time it.

Hard to believe but you get 115 xp each! And you catch them as fast as you can lay the traps out.

lvl 47... 15 min

lvl 48... 19 min

lvl 49... 18 min

lvl 50... 21 min

lvl 51... 21 min!! i wish all skills gained this quickly.

lvl 52... 31 min ( i had bad lag from 3 files downloading)

lvl 53... 38 min (they taking long to finish *sigh*)

And there you have it. lvls 0 to 50 in 12 hours (probably a lot less cuz I had lotsa distractions. Oh, and the best part? I checked on my highscores and for just 12 hours work, i ranked 57,696 on hunting!! for only half day of work? I dont think thats gonna last long once you guys read this *wink*.

ill keep at them till I reach lvl 53, then its off to get some Chinchompa!! 198.5 xp each? omg thats amazing!

------------------------------------------------------------------

decided to continue updating as i go so.....

302sajp.jpg

Finally, lvl 53! good job! Now for some change of scenery. We can finally hunt/capture something neat, Chinchompas These little guys can help u gain ranged xp! kewl huh?

huntchimi.jpg

just head north from ferrets just a short way and u are there. Only one big problem, there are only 4 of them to catch!! set your 3 traps where you see them running around, but place them 2 steps apart (helps when u have to reset them). Gains are way slower then ferrets, so u might wanna stay with them for a few more levels.

great thing about chinchompas, they stack!! no more full bags! Sad part, slow gains:

lvl 54... 42 min (took only 72 of them)

lvl 55... 52 min (took 112 eek)

this is wayy to slow, so I decided to try something new, Falcons

huntfalcons.jpg

head just a bit north and enter the falcon pen. talk to Matthias:

43p7e9x.jpg

to get him to let u "borrow" a falcon, u have to take off your gloves and weapons then pay him 500gp. Once u got the cute bird head south to here:

huntkebbits.jpg

this is your Hot spot for your prey, Spotted Kebbits. There were 5 or 6 of them and the gains are way faster!! I got lucky and all my ranging training taught me how to target really quickly. Gains "flew" at me again *wink* with 104 xp a catch!

lvl 56... 33 min!

lvl 57... 34 min! now thats what im talking bout, fast fast gaining! I could have cut the time down tons if I didnt bury all the bones.

*Goal reached*, now that I hit lvl 57, we can catch something a bit higher, Dark Kebbit. just walk to the east side of the pen and there they are. once again, there are only a few of them. I only see maybe 3 or 4 Dark Kebbits ,so ill see if gains slows down too much and i should stick with the Spotted kebbits if the 132 xp from the darks can't beat the quantity of the spotted.

*i'm back*

i tried the dark kebbits but there werent enough of them to gain off them by themselves, so i just used my brain (duh) and caught anything that moved! spotted and darks so it was pretty quick gains. got to 58 pretty easily.

lvl 59 took bit longer cuz of lag, 50 min or so *sigh*. then i found out something fun, next day my wrist was so sore from all that clicking lol. So, its back to ferrets for me. less chasing them around, just settin traps.

2wqfuqv.jpg

!! hit my goal of lvl 60 !! Now its time to try out 4 traps!!

lvl 61 took less then hour! 4 traps works like a charm, but one big problem. when 1 got triggered, by the time i got it reset, 2 more were triggered! When i got them set, 3 more triggered. It was a neverending battle to keep them up! And when its time to dump all the ferrets outta my bags, all 4 were sprung.... its hard work!

after two more hours:

29m2l4h.jpg

whew, another milestone done! Now for our last trip south. Head back here:

29bn1wy.jpg

there are 2 spawn spots with 2 red chinchumpas in each of them. Just set your traps and off you go. This is your spot all the way till lvl 99! You are looking at 47,795 of them to catch!! But, just think if you sell em all at 600gp each you'll make 28.6 mil gold!

*side note again, there is another wayyy!! red salamanders These are found here:

34refle.jpg

there are two spawn locations:

46y2vtc.jpg

These little guys are caught using nets. You get a rope and a small fishing net (bigs dont work) and lay them on the small trees you see. The ones with no branches. they arent too close together but if u got run on, it can be done. Set them and get ready to run! Alot! oh yeah, they dont stack! So u have to dump them.

Either u catch one or the trap falls apart and you have to pick up your net and rope, FAST! I tried to do it and I accidentally clicked wrong spot and my guy took off running. By the time i got back(I didnt run that far) 2 of my traps decayed!! Another problem is on the north spawn, there are a bunch of monks running around so try not to attack them while clicking.

i caught 23 in 10 minutes so that works out to 138 an hour. At 272 xp per!!that comes out to 37,536xp an hour!! Red chinchumpas came out to 34,450xp per hour. And i was using only 2 nets for them (my other 2 decayed)

soo. if u want quicker gains, red salamanders. If u want something to sell to make up for all the time, red chinchumpas!

huntlvl66.jpg

WOOT!! got to my goal of 66! Now I can wear the spottier cape! errr or can I? ack, yeah I can wear them, but you have to be lvl 69 to catch the Dashing Kebbit to make it?!? Thats soo sneaky. Guess I got a new goal...

huntinglvl69.jpg

did it! it didnt take too long. Its gettin quicker now at red's and i can catch 160 an hour now! thats 42,400xp an hour. not bad huh?

and the great part? I can get my spottier cape!!

quicky Chinchumpas tips!

Since you're gonna be doing a lot lot of them, heres how I do mine so a bit quicker:

huntingpickup.jpg

Idea is to set them up east to west in a row. Then, when you're going to pick up a trap thats sprung, mouse over, then hit the walk here option. Once you're standing on the box, pick it up and reset it. You will auto walk one step to the west, right on your next box! Saves you tons of time.

and one more little tidbit, when you're hunting, get ready for a lot of random events. just tonite i hunted for 1 hour and got 10 of them! good part, there were 2 genies.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice guide. I haven't tried hunting yet, but I'll be sure to follow this when I get around to it. The maps are a great help, I'm always getting lost with all these weird RS place names. I look forward to seeing this guide go all the way to 99.

nice guide, very usefull, but try to add more pics, also at the end u can add like a summary where u brake down lvls

u can use this format for summary:

LVL's: 1-10

What to hunt: ....

Where to hunt: ....

Exp. per creature hunted: ....

Exp. per hour: (?)

Time to complete all lvl's: (?)

beerrobber.png

^Click it to see my BLOG

Barrows Drops: 3[spear, dh helm, t helm]

Law Crafting guide

I wouldn't say it's the fastest way, but those are the ways I got to 50 :) Except the ferrets, the best I knew of was Orange Salamanders.

I guess I'll give it a 7/10, the maps should be bigger, use the 'straight line' tool in MS Paint, and it'll look nicer.

I wouldn't say it's the fastest way, but those are the ways I got to 50 :) Except the ferrets, the best I knew of was Orange Salamanders.

I guess I'll give it a 7/10, the maps should be bigger, use the 'straight line' tool in MS Paint, and it'll look nicer.

thx for comments. this is the first time posting on these boards so didnt know what dimensions to make the pictures. i went 250 width so now i know i can go alot bigger. and yeah, straight lines would look nicer. i just did quickly on photoshop.

but, your part bout not fastest, yeah i missed one part:

at lvl 1 all u can do is bird traps all way to lvl 15 so that part is correct.

at 15 butterfly hunting is available but to chase one butterfly isnt very quick gains. soo its again birds up till lvl 23 when u can make deadfall traps.

But, to chop a log and set up the trap didnt sound very fast to gain imho. So, once again its birds all the way to lvl 27 when u can use Box traps.

Box traps are very quick so yeah, i should have moved from tropical wagtails to ferrets at lvl 27 but since i was gaining soooo fast. why move?

It's a good guide. I knew hunting was pretty fast to train, but that's QUICK. 1/2 and hour for lvl 40-something? I'm gonna go train it and see if I can't get me a spotted cape \' .

perfect grammar is one thing, typing like a drugged monkey and enjoying it is another

AMEN!

I grew four levels in half an hour thanks to this.

THANK YOU!

But isn't 35 a bit late to change to Wagtails?

yeah, I should have moved to ferrets at lvl 27 but i was in a groove and didnt wanna change. It was soo fast gains that it was FUN!

Pretty good. 7/10

But there's quite a lot to read, I recommend summarizing each bit at the beginning, and then having the detailed information.

Also, worth mentioning the fairy ring codes for feldip hills and woodland.

I'm not sure about feldip, but I know that woodland is AKQ

Wish I'd gone for ferrets when I trained, I used swamp lizards.

duradelduracell.jpg

Lol, i have done in 2h 40lv, when hunter just come to RuneScape.

Now i got 56 and i think i will start training again.

P.S. I havent reading guide, i dont like guides without pictures.

mysig2.png

----TheLair Game!----

"Game isn't dead... You wish!"

Nice guide. Ferrets are really fast. I haven't done Hunter for a while though. I want to get up to Red Chinchompas. Does anyone know if you actually need the bait for Red Chinchompas? The bait seems kinda hard/time-consuming to make.

R.I.P The Old Nite. Heroes get remembered. But Legends never die. You were truly a Runescape Legend

newbankofrsyq0.gif

good quide except like atronic said its 1-50

ahh that thing lol. it was a joke. i was just watching a car clip on youtube and it had a car that went from zero to fifty in one second. So, guess i had it on my mind when i made the title. silly me.....

Pretty good. 7/10

But there's quite a lot to read, I recommend summarizing each bit at the beginning, and then having the detailed information.

Also, worth mentioning the fairy ring codes for feldip hills and woodland.

I'm not sure about feldip, but I know that woodland is AKQ

Wish I'd gone for ferrets when I trained, I used swamp lizards.

i just came back from a runescape holiday (1 yr off), and when i came back, there were soo many new things. Fairy rings? Hunting? Slayer? I'm doing my best to "catch up" and if/when i learn them, ill be more then happy to add that to the mix.

Its sure a lot of walking for hunting lol.

meh nice guide practially what i did but i have a faster way from level 25 - 35/40 i'm thinking. go to the snowland take 3 bird traps and 10-15 butterflie jars, set up your bird snares near the sabertoother kyatt thingy majiggy trap and then run around catching butterflies while you catch these birds, trust me alot faster.

Tbhyespl0x.jpg

Im gonna do 1hr per day

Thanks for the guide.

AOW Pl0x :XD: ?

Joined Runescape: 23/01/02 |||. Retired from Runescape: 07/07/2007

[hide=Quotes]

Elfs creating a crystal Axe would be like GreenPeace creating a Nuclear Powered Harpoon for killing seals...

"Level 1 sailing: ability to build a failboat.'
[/hide]

half_banner.gif

Drops: Ahrims Hood, Guthans set FULL (minus legs), dragon half shield, dragon legs/skirt