Day 3: Asia's Slaves

trapical

June 9th, 2007 ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ AsiaÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s Slaves.

Day 3

*Disclaimer* I regret to tell you that todayÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s thread does have a much greater negative tone. It meant for a more mature audience, those of the faint of heart should probably leave now.

Where to begin? Well for starters todayÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s thread is a last minute change. I had something else in mind but after coming across some facts about this subject I decided to change the mood for today. To begin, let me state that these people are getting on my nerves. Well I guess I have to give them some credit, they are standing up for their beliefs, and they do so using their own time and expecting no real reward. Regardless, in the global scheme of things, their protest is of near insignificance. ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅLetÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s pretend to lock ourselves up in cages to protest the way our food is being killed!ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

2003676992682512083_rs.jpg

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yea, forgot to mention that. It's frighteningly common. Every month it happens to several thousand girls (and guys) from a dozen different Asian counties. Globalization has just added fuel to the fire as millions of single male tourists visit these places each year.

Oh yea, forgot to mention that. It's frighteningly common. Every month it happens to several thousand girls (and guys) from a dozen different Asian counties. Globalization has just added fuel to the fire as millions of single male tourists visit these places each year.

Can anything be done by other nations or is it just pretty much only within chinas power to try anything?

Amazing... I had no idea about this either.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

Can anything be done by other nations or is it just pretty much only within chinas power to try anything?

It's...immensely complicated. The UN doesn't even really do that much in this field at the moment because they really can't. It's not just China, this happens in Thailand, India, and even Latin American countries. 1st world Nation-States aren't even that interested in stopping it... think about it. Your nation has pedophiles in it, now where do those pedophiles go to get their fix? Millions travel to these places and do it over there where no one cares. If places like China didn't exist they would all remain in their home countries and more would prey on local children.

See why nations are dragging their feet to try and stop this? Credit to Germany and Norway though. Due to citizen demand, these countries passed laws and they can now jail people that commit pedophile crimes in other counties. This is a very rare power exercised by a government, usually it's power stops at it borders. It does prove though that the problem can be fixed. The real problem is the demand though, there are literally hundreds of millions of men looking for this. It is estimated that 45% of Chinese use a prostitute in their life time... how can you stop this? Maybe the only real way is a Virtual simulator, as disturbing as that might be.

But the short answer is if you want to help stop it, just try and raise awareness I suppose. Not many people like to talk about this sort of thing though so it is hard. I don't know, maybe if you're doing a school report you can pick this subject and look into it a bit more, although most teachers won't allow you to talk about it in a public school :|

There wouldn't be a sex trade if there weren't buyers. You may blame the foreign countries, but the problem is largely here at home where customers are generated through sex-filled media/desensitization and the idea that "sex is okay wherever, whenever".

summerpngwy6.jpg

I must say although I didn't know that this specific thing was happening, I was in no way surprised. You do raise a good comparison between those campaigning for animal rights when our our own are being treated worse.

I saw a movie on t.v awhile ago on this. Such a sickening subject. The movie followed a young boy, a young girl, and two newly kidnapped 18-20ish year olds. At the end of the movie it said that most of the clientele were from the U.S.

I don't understand you being annoyed by the animal rights protesters though. Who says they're not also trying to raise awareness for this cause also? There are many injustices in this world and people try to combat them in whatever way they think works.

Just to reiterate.

You are on par with those protestors because; you call yourself compassionate yet you care not of problems right in front of you.

Also, the animal cruelty issue is something we all can help fix, we can't all travel to Asia or the Middle East however.

I knew this was happening, but I did not know it was in such a large scale. Honestly If I ever have to do a school report on anything I can think of, I'll definiatly choose this.

Not only is this just plain sick, but it's human torture beyond the torture thats seen in horror films. Being raped constantly until your basically used to sex? or being raped? Especially when you could be only 7 years old? I do not get how some monster could even think of trafficing humans, of both gender.

Not only is the rape bad enough, but the living conditions. I have not done any research beyond this post by the way. Living conditons probably only contain one type of food, that your served day after day, 1 meal a day. Your probably living with several other slaves, and bathing probably isn't existent. But this is only for a couple months, then your bought. Like what you said, your lucky and go into a rich family, or unlucky and go to brothel, or other places. If your not picked, your probably killed, and by killed raped a couple more times for a party thats going on, and then as the party main event, if your killed like a bull.

Those who go into a middle class man, probably have a longer living rate by 5 years due to the worn out matress, the 2 meals that could be called half a meal a day. Possibly even the less rate of rape, and maybe the fact your taken better care of. But to me thats not living, for me to think that someone is begin sold, raped, murdered as I'm typing this is emotionally overwhelming, I can't even begin to think the terror these humans, childs are brought to, and ever escape, as you said they were checked out and had an 'emotional suicide', being trapped in your own mind, not knowing what is happening to you, even though your back in your home even, if your lucky?

Personnaly, I'm going to fund, protest against this to my government, or to anyone I know, when I'll actually be taken seriously. At the moment, I'm gonna bring it up casually among friends and family, and that will be my basis.

Thanks, I think after saying those, I'm feeling really good, although I shouldn't be, since someone or another two humans are being tortured surpassing physical pain.

Just to reiterate.

You are on par with those protestors because; you call yourself compassionate yet you care not of problems right in front of you.

Also, the animal cruelty issue is something we all can help fix, we can't all travel to Asia or the Middle East however.

Is it that wrong to try and put things into perspective or prioritise? I'm sure he's not annoyed with what they are fighting for per se, he's just making a comparison to show how inhumane we are to ourselves.

Just to reiterate.

Is it that wrong to try and put things into perspective or prioritise? I'm sure he's not annoyed with what they are fighting for per se, he's just making a comparison to show how inhumane we are to ourselves.

Not it's perfectly just, but he didn't need to go so far as to state that animal cruelty protestors were annoying and that their cause is nothing compared to that of the victims of slave trade.

This is so terrible, I'm actually close to tears. It's just something I never thought about. It's something I never had to worry about. I'm very lucky to have grown up in a family with parents and grandparents who were actually concerned for my safety. They've kept my house safe, invested money in a security system, and have always kept their eyes on us in public places. I can't even count the times my mom and dad have scolded me for neglecting to lock the door after I leave the house. I guess now I have something more to be thankful for.

Still, it's so terrible to hear about those kinds of things happening to girls in other countries. I can't even imagine that happening to me, or anyone I know for that matter. The fact that there's not a lot being done (or that can be done) about this is insane.

3898000bYVcx.png

This kind of cruelty to children makes me sick, absolutely physically sick.

I applaud you for raising this issue because it is definitely one that needs to be raised, discussed, challenged and something needs to be done. The extent of the problem is now very serious and there is no obvious solution. But as you said raising awareness is definitely the first step, and as much as it offends me as a human being to even think about children being treated that way, it must be done.

You said that after 20 years of prostitution the girls/women can be barely called human. I would go so far as to offer their captors the next step of the description, 'unhuman'.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Not it's perfectly just, but he didn't need to go so far as to state that animal cruelty protestors were annoying and that their cause is nothing compared to that of the victims of slave trade.

We should all care less for animals and more for humans. When there are no injustices among humans let's start caring for the animals. I can promise that I'll protest for the mosquito's right to suck blood when all humans are treated with dignity, fairness and respect.

untitledyw7.png

I watched a documentary on it in my History class in year 12; I absolutely bawled my eyes out. I hate seeing things like that.

I'm so glad you did this topic to bring awareness to others. I really respect you for that.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

We should all care less for animals and more for humans. When there are no injustices among humans let's start caring for the animals. I can promise that I'll protest for the mosquito's right to suck blood when all humans are treated with dignity, fairness and respect.

No need to be an [wagon].

I never said animal rights are more important than human rights and I most certainly never labelled human rights insignificant. You seem to do that to animals though.

[wagon].

Last year, my church organised a kind of demonstration against Human Trafficking but I didn't know there was all this abduction and rape and sex slavery. It really makes you wonder, why do people do this to each other?

I respect you for bringing light to this, hopefully we can stop this and other atrocities like it to an end. :cry:

imawesometp9.gif

image,LittleBig,white,black.png

No need to be an [wagon].

I never said animal rights are more important than human rights and I most certainly never labelled human rights insignificant. You seem to do that to animals though.

[wagon].

He wasn't acting like a "wagon". He only has an opinion that is different than yours.

In fact, you seem to be the one acting hostile towards him.

And a little bit of FYI: Humans > Animals

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

Wow i had no idea about this :shock: Doesn't hte countries that those crimes occur in ever do anything to stop it, or are they just as uncaring and blind as the other countries?