Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Best Money making monsters

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Wisky_is_Goo
[ Display Name History ]

Wisky_is_Goo

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 389 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Wisky_is_goo
Im at 110 combat, with 75 range and mage, 80+ other combat skills, i have access to MOST equipment excluding godswords.

Im not looking for things with rare amazing drops, but something a little less rare that still rakes in items i can easily sell and make a good bit of change, Ive heard avansies are good, but ive been away from RS for awhile, so are there any other suggestions?
Posted Image

cowmaster187
[ Display Name History ]

cowmaster187

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,351 posts
  • RSN:legoman187
  • Clan:Skill squad
the suggestion that i expect you to get is do slayer. you cna get a ton of of money doing it. how ever i understand if you dont like to move around. in that case i have no idea lol

~~~legoman187~~~

250uwav.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

jsboutin2
[ Display Name History ]

jsboutin2

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 768 posts
If you have the slayer level, then abberrrant spectres would rake some money in for you,

aglips
[ Display Name History ]

aglips

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 543 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Aglipoy
Green or blue dragons.
Posted Image

squidsquash
[ Display Name History ]

squidsquash

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 422 posts
  • RSN:GoogleMeBro
  • Clan:Hyt
Flesh Crawlers :P They drop herbs like crazy

Think I'm kidding? Try it yourself. But I'd recommend bringing a BoB as you will fill your inventory VERY fast.

qeltar
[ Display Name History ]

qeltar

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,657 posts
Believe it or not.. the best money monster right now (for consistent earning, as you requested) is...

Snakes on Mos'le Harmless.
Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok
Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!
Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!
Posted Image

nlmaster
[ Display Name History ]

nlmaster

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 34 posts
Green dragons. There is a guy on the forum (sorry forgot your name :unsure: ) that made a 100 mil at them in 20 days!

Then you need to play like non stop but if you can even make halve it would be nice =D
Posted Image
Posted Image

Big_Stingman
[ Display Name History ]

Big_Stingman

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,713 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Big Stingman
You could try armored zombies.
Pros: Epic XP, decent drops, can pray as there is an alter right there.
Cons: Sometimes crowded.

If you look into it, drop by the player made guides. Someone over there has an excellent guide.

Good luck.

Assume Nothing
[ Display Name History ]

Assume Nothing

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,190 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
Lol, with 80 stats I recommend either Snakes in Mos Le'Harmless or Cannoning Green Dragons. I'm not sure if ranged levels matter *that* much but when I went, I was earning 900k/h with relative ease. That's with a tortoise and 5 monkfish, running around picking up drops.

Snakes in Mos Le'Harmless are also pretty good, I used to do them as level 110 myself but it's become too... known and well, hard to find a world to take both spawns, which comprimises profits, plus excessively boring. I also suggest instead of earning money first, try raising some combat levels in a efficient manner. Green dragons with near max stats I have is easily 1.3m/h in void at Chaos Tunnels, so do consider raising combat skills.

Personally, I used to get around 200 hides per hour at snakes, which equates to around 600k/h? Kinda shabby but might be the best you can get with your stats. I still prefer cannoning Green Dragons though, with Dbones at a all time high, it's VERY profitable.

lagatag
[ Display Name History ]

lagatag

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,557 posts
I'd just do slayer personally, I can make money on most tasks, and the tasks I don't make money are usually really fast xp so it evens out imo

Plus at higher level you can kill spiritual mages/abby demons which can give a nice amount of money on a task. I hardly ever camp anywhere, I get bored too easily, which is why I like slayer so much, it just tells me what to go kill. I got 4 dragon boots my last SM task and a whip my last Abby demon task :) Then I got 4 mauls off 2 gargoyle tasks.
Posted Image

Assume Nothing
[ Display Name History ]

Assume Nothing

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,190 posts
Oh please, Slayer is NOT the most efficient way to earn MONEY, which is the point of this thread. Grinding Gwd or Green Dragons or Merchanting or the many other methods of earning money is far more efficient in the long term. Although - Since the op may consider 'fun' as a factor, Slayer might be an option.

aglips
[ Display Name History ]

aglips

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 543 posts
  • RSN:Aglipoy

I'd just do slayer personally, I can make money on most tasks, and the tasks I don't make money are usually really fast xp so it evens out imo

Plus at higher level you can kill spiritual mages/abby demons which can give a nice amount of money on a task. I hardly ever camp anywhere, I get bored too easily, which is why I like slayer so much, it just tells me what to go kill. I got 4 dragon boots my last SM task and a whip my last Abby demon task :) Then I got 4 mauls off 2 gargoyle tasks.

You got extremely lucky the last trips you had at spiritual mages and abby demons. You NEVER get D boot/s or whip drop on each trip you make there. In fact, you will most probably NOT get a whip drop on majority of your tasks at the abby demons and maybe none or 1 or 2 D boot drops at spiritual mages. And i can personally say that you can go days without a whip drop while camping there.. So slayer isn't the surest way of making money. It's too dependent on your luck..

Blue or green dragons are guaranteed cash.
Posted Image

Sinkhan
[ Display Name History ]

Sinkhan

Ex-Website Crew

• Members
  • 2,645 posts

You got extremely lucky the last trips you had at spiritual mages and abby demons. You NEVER get D boot/s or whip drop on each trip you make there. In fact, you will most probably NOT get a whip drop on majority of your tasks at the abby demons and maybe none or 1 or 2 D boot drops at spiritual mages. And anyone can tell you that you can go days without a whip drop.

OR you could get extremely lucky in one trip and get 3 whips in one task. Apparently Jagex was giving out Christmas gifts to my friend :rolleyes:

Assume Nothing
[ Display Name History ]

Assume Nothing

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,190 posts

You got extremely lucky the last trips you had at spiritual mages and abby demons. You NEVER get D boot/s or whip drop on each trip you make there. In fact, you will most probably NOT get a whip drop on majority of your tasks at the abby demons and maybe none or 1 or 2 D boot drops at spiritual mages. And anyone can tell you that you can go days without a whip drop.

OR you could get extremely lucky in one trip and get 3 whips in one task. Apparently Jagex was giving out Christmas gifts to my friend :rolleyes:

Runescape ignorance at it's best, why not just go Corp for Divine Sigil every kill, by getting "Extremely lucky" as you describe?

gspbeetle
[ Display Name History ]

gspbeetle

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,360 posts
  • RSN:ChenGMT
  • RSN2:son of 911
  • Clan:RuneHK

Im at 110 combat, with 75 range and mage, 80+ other combat skills, i have access to MOST equipment excluding godswords.

Im not looking for things with rare amazing drops, but something a little less rare that still rakes in items i can easily sell and make a good bit of change, Ive heard avansies are good, but ive been away from RS for awhile, so are there any other suggestions?

By most equipment, I guess you mean a dragon dagger p++, a rune crossbow, a lava/air staff, anicent/void staff, whip, saradomin sword(or eventually switch to bandos gs) and zamarok spear?

Vulxai
[ Display Name History ]

Vulxai

Mitákuye Oyás’iŋ

• Members
  • 5,959 posts
  • RSN:Wise Pond
  • RSN '07:Vulxai

Runescape ignorance at it's best, why not just go Corp for Divine Sigil every kill, by getting "Extremely lucky" as you describe?

I fail to see how that post was ignorant. He simply mentioned that you can get pretty lucky. That's a statement, not ignorance.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

Assume Nothing
[ Display Name History ]

Assume Nothing

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,190 posts

I fail to see how that post was ignorant. He simply mentioned that you can get pretty lucky. That's a statement, not ignorance.

No, I meant the minset of alot of rs players. You don't always get "lucky", therefore you cannot assume you will. Anyways, this is no place for arguing, this is H&A after all.

Gandalf14141
[ Display Name History ]

Gandalf14141

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,160 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Gandalf14141
  • RSN2:Eragon14141

Believe it or not.. the best money monster right now (for consistent earning, as you requested) is...

That's what I need for the last like 7m for my gs, thanks to his website :thumbsup:
Finally on here to update that I have officially quit! It's been fun.
Siggy

Posted Image

Assume Nothing
[ Display Name History ]

Assume Nothing

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,190 posts

That's what I need for the last like 7m for my gs, thanks to his website :thumbsup:

But it's a LIE, it caps at around 700k/h, with low stats probably 500k/h if lucky. Greens are 1.3m/h

Bladewing
[ Display Name History ]

Bladewing

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,072 posts
  • RSN:Stringcheze

But it's a LIE, it caps at around 700k/h, with low stats probably 500k/h if lucky. Greens are 1.3m/h

Note that this figure is with cannoning.

And "lie" might be better replaced with "incorrect".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users