Hello people of Clans Discussion,
As I'm sure you all know, the Tip.It Website Crew is currently looking for volunteers to join the team! What has not yet been mentioned is we are also desiring one or two people for a special clan-specific role within the website staff. If you're interested, read on! First, here is some basic information from the announcement topic that applies to any crew position.
First off, Tip.It is not a for-profit organization - All staff positions here are fully volunteer positions. Those putting their time into the site are working purely for the bettering of Tip.It. If accepted, you will be required to make somewhat of a commitment to put enough time into your position and ingame research. Crew Training and Crew Work requires time to accomplish and without this commitment, you will not be able to meet deadlines and work as a team. Secondly, web design, coding or mapping skills are an asset, but will not stop us from welcoming you aboard. Our only request is you have a willing attitude to learn whatever interests you. Being a good student will help you throughout your entire Crew career.
Both the Staff and Crew are very close teams and you will have the opportunity to meet and work with all existing staff to help better this site. Overall, the Crew is definitely a worthy investment of time. Those who enjoy close communities and view the site as their hobby often have a very fun time being on Crew.
Information on the position
- Knowledge of the Current Clan world / Active and involved in the clan world
- Excellent spelling and grammar
- HTML preferred, but can be picked up fairly easily as well
- Basic image editing skills preferred
Responsibilities will probably include:
- Authoring new clan-related guides and other content
- Updating and responding to feedback on clan-related content
- Maintaining the Tip.It Clan Directory
- Brainstorming clan web content ideas and putting them together
If you are still interested, you will need to fill out the following application and PM it to Cowman_133. Please make Clan Crew Application: <your name here> the PM subject for sorting purposes.
- PM your application to Cowman_133 - do not post it on this topic!
- Do NOT send to Staff_Applications or it will end up in the wrong place.
- Put Clan Crew Application: <your name here> as the Subject
- Applications are only open to those who have been registered for our forums approximately 6+ months
- Remember, this is one of the main things you will be evaluated on! Please take your time to make a good impression
- IMPORTANT: Read every question and answer every question to the best of your ability
- Applications will be open until January 31, 2010 at 11:59:59 PM GMT
Without further ado:
REMEMBER - Just be yourself. Trying to impress us will probably not make matters better. You won't be the same 'false self' all the time. Applications are not being run on a first come, first served basis so take your time.
I look forward to reading your applications! If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or you can post on this topic. Do NOT post your application here.
For the Tip.It Crew and on Behalf of the Clan Staff