Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The bad habit of begging

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

noobnoob
[ Display Name History ]

noobnoob

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 179 posts
Everyone knows that begging is bad habit but somehow many still beg in rs

Who never get scam or hacked in rs ?

Is this a valid reason to beg ?

I am poor so please give something as you are high lvl.

Who starts off as a rich high lvl in rs ?

I think begging should be ban totally in rs.

Lets not cultivate a bad habit among young player in rs.

Jarritos
[ Display Name History ]

Jarritos

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 242 posts
i used to beg, as did many people who just started out

i think its a natural phase that most players go through, when i started (long before tut island) the game did not provide you with many roadmaps or items to help you out of your noobdom, however once you get the ball rolling it is easy to be self sufficient and do things on your own

swedishlf
[ Display Name History ]

swedishlf

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 230 posts
I agree, I never ever reward beggars. Ever. If someone puts forth even a little effort though, I try to be as helpful as I can.

If I see someone shouting "Need 1 law, free plz." I don't give them a second glance. But if I see someone saying "Need 1 law, 200gp" I'll gladly give it to them, and in many cases for free if they'll take it.

And as for your "Who starts off as a rich high lvl in rs?" This raises another question in my mind. I've had 3-4 friends in the past months start new accounts because their old accounts were hacked -- they got the account back, but all their stuff was gone... am I the only one who thinks this makes no sense? You lost all your material possessions so the logical conclusion you reach so you decide to start from scratch instead of using the ONE THING the hackers couldn't take: your skills. They don't get this when I try to explain it to them.

noobnoob
[ Display Name History ]

noobnoob

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 179 posts
Is it a norm to beg when you are new.

Not for me.

I just believe in hard work and when you have money, to make them work for you like in investing in rare
Posted Image

Buying runite ore 11.6k and runite bar 13.6k
A 100% f2p who believe in hard work and not begging

Guest__
[ Display Name History ]

Guest__
  • Guests
What about begging added to the "Report Abuse" button?

Lots of account banns but will make the game more fair and less annoying espicially for higher level players.

ladydesiree
[ Display Name History ]

ladydesiree

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 88 posts
So is spam and useless rant - trolling should be banned.

lock please useless thread

Lets_3ekout
[ Display Name History ]

Lets_3ekout

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,144 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Big_Craze

What about begging added to the "Report Abuse" button?

Lots of account banns but will make the game more fair and less annoying espicially for higher level players.

agreed, except only temp bans for it of course :P

i remember my first day when i talked to the NPC outside of lumbridge and he said begging would give me a bad reputation. i wanted people to be friendly towards me so of course a bad rep doesn't help that. so i never begged :D , to bad people aren't friendly either way...
Posted Image
A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.
Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

upsilon5
[ Display Name History ]

upsilon5

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 77 posts
i begged once at the start but (to try to get rid of me)the person went down a sewer and so did i...TO ZOMBIES! of course i died and never begged again, mabay just asked, and accepted no's

??? i dont get it. this is a general form for general disscussions and not what i would call spam. if you dont want to read it then dont.

Striker6
[ Display Name History ]

Striker6

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,543 posts
I think like 80% of the time beggers dont get anything, so whats the point??

frizoid
[ Display Name History ]

frizoid

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 487 posts

There is an old saying...if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all.

Begging is a part of role playing games, it always will be, we can't change that but we can change the way people beg to make it a more worthwhile effort.

If someone begs you ask them to perform a task for you or to tell a joke or a story, make them almost street entertainers, they have to earn the right to your hard-earned cash.

There is another old saying "give a man a fish, feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime" If someone is obviously new and is begging for money then tell them a few good ways to make money, possibly point them in the direction of the nearest trees or mines so they can put their tutorial island tools to good use.
Posted Image

Lord_K
[ Display Name History ]

Lord_K

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 756 posts
I dunno, I never felt the urge to beg. I agree it should be a bannable offense, or at least giving you a black mark. The only problem being high level players who do it for a laugh.
Posted Image
Posted Image

speedofsound
[ Display Name History ]

speedofsound

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,657 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
edit.

blakdragon39
[ Display Name History ]

blakdragon39

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,658 posts
  • RSN:Blakdragon39
  • Clan:MASORS

I dunno, I never felt the urge to beg. I agree it should be a bannable offense, or at least giving you a black mark. The only problem being high level players who do it for a laugh.

Well then, in the future, there will never be any mods. All newbies at one point in time, will beg. That's just the way it goes. I think making begging a bannable offense is a little harsh.
Posted Image

Smapla
[ Display Name History ]

Smapla

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,498 posts
I never begged. I actually was a good lil newb and didn't bother high levels either. I think i was partly afraid of them, and slightly awed, which helped me learn my place. grood stuff.
Posted Image

mellross
[ Display Name History ]

mellross

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 31 posts
hei

PFJ
[ Display Name History ]

PFJ

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 234 posts

i saw a level 78 player walking around with normal clothes in p2p saying "i just got off tutorila island can you spare rare items?"

I see leevl fifties begging all the time.........Silly noobs that can own me......
Posted Image
Siggy By...me! ^^
If you've got any tips on sig making, photoshop in general, or a recommendation on a good DSLR to get me started, pm me =]

Silverchipmunk
[ Display Name History ]

Silverchipmunk

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 758 posts
I never thought to beg...

jaklumen
[ Display Name History ]

jaklumen

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,817 posts
I don't remember really begging per se at all.

When I first started (Feb '02), someone very kindly made me a set of bronze eq. I think I might have asked a few times for replacements when I died, but I think I eventually got on my feet after a while.

I think the game was still small enough then that there wasn't a high number of beggars. The game has grown several times over since then, been more widely advertised, and more people are playing.

But I do remember turning all chat off in rs1 for a while because things were bad, so it's not a new thing.

Corvus
[ Display Name History ]

Corvus

Lord of Ravens

• Members
  • 947 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Ponyseidon
  • RSN2:Stone Of Jas
  • Clan:Bronyville
the only time i beg is if i'm getting bored sitting in a bank trying to sell an item then i only beg people to buy the item. if a begger asks me for items the only things i'll give them is burnt syuf ashes tinder boxes etc. just worthless stuf. an amazing story was i saw a lv 80 person wearing full trimmed rune with a scythe begging saying he got hacked and he was actually getting donations.

braden569
[ Display Name History ]

braden569

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 31 posts
man that doesnt make any sence lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users