Lady Shahdie's Complete Guide to Mining Like a Pro (F2P) V.2

Lady_Shahdie

picic6.pngLady Shahdie's Complete Guide to Mining Like a Pro (F2P) V. 2picic6.png

A very detailed guide that contains everything from leveling up to making a profit and an effective way to mine the elusive runite ore :ohnoes:!

Press and hold Ctrl+F to find headers with ease.

Version History:

2.0 - Added superheating, trimmed excessive ore/pickaxe listings, overhauled rune mining section

(adjusted respawn times, added more techniques, posted link to download rune mining calc)

1.0 - Initial Guide

TABLE OF CONTENTS

1. INTRO

2. EQUIPMENT

3. LEVELING UP

4. SUPERHEATING

5. RUNITE MINING

6. OPTIMIZATION

7. CREDITS

1. INTRO

So you have taken up an interest in mining eh ;)? Well good for you! You have just taken the first step on a long and arduous journey that will have a huge pay off at the end. While skills such as woodcutting and fishing provide fast money in F2P...mining is the skill which will fill your coffers with oodles of GP. However, commitment is the key to making it to such a point, so once you start you must not turn back. So my friend get those fingers ready...its time to wield your mouse, equip that pickaxe, and click your way to achieving glory and fortune!

2. EQUIPMENT

Every skill requires tools to effectively train it. In the case of mining your tools are quite minimal. Below I shall post a small break down of each.

[hide=Tool #1]The most important tool is of course your basic analog or optical...mouse! I cannot stress to those of you who own laptops (as I do), to purchase a mouse that you can hook up to a USB port. This is primarily a click & move skill so you must be able to freely move your pointer with ease...so invest $5-$10 in a decent mouse.[/hide]

[hide=Tool #2]runepicvf0.png

One cannot claw at an ore with their bare hands! The only way to mine anything in this world and in the world of RuneScape is with a pickaxe. At first you will wield picks which will barely chisel at the ores but as you increase in your mining prowess you will wield picks which have much more effective mining rates.[/hide]

[hide=Tool #3]mininggearqg0.png

This is not so much a tool but a factor that will hinder your mining if you burden yourself with heavy clothing. Clothing matters most if you plan to bank your ores. Above is the appropriate type of clothing to wear if you plan to do so (or you could simply go naked if you wish :P).[/hide]

[hide=Tool #4]This tool sadly is not as accessible as the others I posted above. This tool is the most important in your arsenal however. Your mining times will decrease as you achieve higher and higher levels but don't think just because you hit level 85 (or 90+ like myself :D) you'll be able to 1 hit mithril. Ores like coal which use to take around 10-15 hits will be occasionally cut down to 2-5 hits.[/hide]

3. LEVELING UP

This will be the most detailed portion of the guide. It is important to consider whether you desire to mine for no profit at first, whether you desire profit all the way, or whether you want the glory of maxing out your mining level. I will list pros and cons for each.

Note: All methods discussed are strictly F2P because I achieved 99 mining on the free to play version of the game.

[hide=Method #1]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pros of This Method:

You will level very fast until you reach your target goal.

You will be able to gain profits from high level ores sooner.

You will not have to remain in crowded low level spots for much longer.

Cons of This Method:

You will not earn any profit until 70-85 mining.

You will have to put up with dropping one ore after another.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leveling up under this method is similar at first to leveling up for the desire to maxing out the skill. This method will strictly consist of "dropmining" until you reach your target level and then switching over to banking once you reach your target. What is dropmining you ask? It is the process of mining an ore and immediately drop it out of your inventory. The most effective way to dropmine is mine and drop one ore at a time rather than dropping a full inventory all at once. Dropmining this way will allow you to retain a constant flow of earning xp rather than delaying your xp gains. Below I will describe how you can level up till you reach your target. Also try to find locations in the mines that have two rocks diagonal and next to each other so you will not have to run to the next rock (pay attention to the pictures to see what I mean).

Level 1-20

Copper/Tin Ore from 1 till 20:

+-256

Mining Xp from 1 till 20:

+-4,470

Ores You Have Access to (F2P):

Copper (Level 1)

Tin (Level 1)

Rune Essence (Level 1)

Clay (Level 1)

Blurite (Level 10)

Iron (Level 15)

Silver (Level 20)

Picks You Have Access to (F2P):

Bronze (Level 1)

Iron (Level 1)

Steel (Level 6)

The ores that will be truly viable options for you at these beginning levels will be copper and tin. Even though you can mine iron as low as level 15, you will barely pierce the rock. Both copper and tin will give you precisely 17.5 mining xp per ore. Below are the locations that I believe are best for copper/tin dropmining (Note: Lumbridge Mine will not be mentioned as it is crowded with enough low level miners as it is).

Key

orelabelsdy2.png

South-East Varrock Mine

sevarrockcopperth9.png

Nearest Bank: East Varrock

This mine is located south-east of the town walls of Varrock. This mine is good for those that have low combat levels due to the mine being inhabited by harmless rats (well harmless to those a little above level 3). Bear in mind though that this mine is much more crowded because of that fact. Luckily it contains lots of copper so you should probably to mine some just fine.

South-West Varrock Mine

swvarrocktinzz0.png

Nearest Bank: West Varrock

This mine is located south-west of the town walls of Varrock. This mine is a little more dangerous for low combat levels due to a pesky mugger that prowls about. This mine has alot of low level mining competition but there is plenty of tin to go around.

Dwarven Mine

dwarvenminescopperwg6.png

Nearest Bank: East Falador

This mine is a great mine that manages to cater to all levels of miners. Here you will find many copper and tin spots that you can dropmine at. The only threat you face are non-aggressive dwarves and a few scorpions that are all the way in the back of the mine.

Level 20-70 / 85

Iron Ore from 20 till 70 / 85:

+-20,948 / +-92,975

Mining Xp from 20 till 70 / 85:

+-733,157 / +-3,254,124

Silver (Level 20)

Coal (Level 30)

Gold (Level 40)

Mithril (Level 55)

Adamant (Level 70)

Runite (Level 85)

Mithril (Level 21)

Adamant (Level 31)

Runite (Level 41)

At this point you will be able to powermine one of the most effective ores to level off of in the game...iron. Each iron ore will give you precisely 35 mining xp per ore. Be sure to constantly upgrade your pickaxes as soon as the next highest one is available. Once you hit level 41, you will be able to purchase a rune pickaxe and 1 hit iron. This will gain you an average of 30-34k xp every hour. Below are the locations that I believe are best of iron dropmining.

Chasm Mine (aka Scorpian Pit)

alkharidironnf7.png

Nearest Bank: Duel Arena

This mine is highly coveted for its iron, gold, adamant, and mithril so it is reasonably crowded. This mine has 3 prime iron spots that can be shared with at least 3 other iron dropminers. Again the threat here only exists to those with low combat levels due to the scorpions.

Rimmington Mine

rimmyironcv5.png

This is a very peaceful mine and is not as crowded as the Chasm Mine. Low combat levels will be very safe here because there are no monsters in this area whatsoever. There are only 2 prime iron mining spots here however. One of them has several rocks...but remember to stick with the ones that are diagonal and side by side. Never waste your run energy!

Dwarven Mine

dwarvenminesironmu2.png

And yet again the Dwarven Mine is mentioned! This mine does have a few iron spots scattered about the mine. The only threat that exists here are non-aggressive dwarves and scorpions that reside at the back of the mine.

Level 70 / 85+

Once you have reached your target goal you can now switch to the banking method. Remember that since you are going to be running back and forth to the bank, you better start wearing some light gear (refer to "Tool #3: Clothing" under the EQUIPMENT section). Now the no profit at first method assumes that you are going to strictly mine high level ores such as adamant or runite. There are unfortunately no close bank locations for these ores however there are more premium locations for ones like adamant. Here are the locations which I find best.

Adamant Locations:

Dwarven Mine

dwarvenminesaddynb9.png

Bet you guessed I would mention this one yet AGAIN. This mine surprisingly isn't too far away from the Falador bank. Those with low combat levels may struggle here due to the scorpions being right next to the adamant rocks.

Lumbridge Swamp West Mine

lumbwestaddygs8.png

Nearest Bank: Draynor Village

This mine is the best option for low combat levels. You will not find any monsters in this mining pit but you will face some fierce competition here. This mine is a tad far from Draynor bank as well so it will take awhile to go back and forth. If you are have a high combat level, I recommend avoiding this mine.

Edgeville Mine

edgevilleminelx2.png

Nearest Bank: Varrock West Bank

Not many favor this mine due to the level 22 skeletons and stay away from it. If you are a high combat level, you need not worry, they won't even lay a finger on you (seriously they will refrain from striking you). So this works to your advantage and you will face a bit less competition here.

Chasm Mine

alkharidaddyeo7.png

Nearest Bank: Duel Arena

Yep, yet again I will mention Chasm Mine. Bear in mind though the competition varies here. On some days I will not see a soul challenge me at the adamant rocks and on others hordes will be mining one rock. This mine is a bit far from the Duel Arena bank and has scorpions that may harm low combat levels.

Runite Spot:

Wilderness Runite Mine

runitemineth2.png

Nearest Bank: Bounty Hunter Banker

The only place to mine rune in F2P is in level 48 wilderness near the Member's Lava Maze. The closest bank would be the Bounty Hunter bank located in 20+ wilderness. This mine is incredibly dangerous for low levels due to the occasional Revenant visit. Please refer to the RUNITE MINING section of the guide for more details.[/hide]

[hide=Method #2]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pros of This Method:

You will never lose money on any ore you mine.

You can use any of the ores you banked to earn smithing xp as well.

Cons of This Method:

You will earn levels much more slowly.

You will not be able to mine higher level ores for an incredibly long time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This method is strictly for the insanely patient and frugal! Your payoff will be huge but you will not make a fortune for a long long time. Rather than providing the xp/ores to level up, I will make recommendations of what ores to profit off of at each level range. If you wish to know how many of each type of ore it would take to level up use the the Tip.It Mining Calculator and the Tip.It Mining Skill Planner.

Level 1-20

Copper (Level 1)

Tin (Level 1)

Rune Essence (Level 1)

Clay (Level 1)

Blurite (Level 10)

Iron (Level 15)

Silver (Level 20)

Bronze (Level 1)

Iron (Level 1)

Steel (Level 6)

At this level range the ore that you can easily mine and still make a bit of a profit off of is copper/tin. Your profits will be very minimal in this level range.

You can find the current Grand Exchange price of copper here.

You can find the current Grand Exchange price of tin here.

Below are the locations that I believe are best for copper/tin banking.

Key

orelabelsdy2.png

South-East Varrock Mine

sevarrockcopperth9.png

Nearest Bank: East Varrock Bank

This mine not only proves useful for copper/tin dropmining but for banking as well. It is a very quick run from the mine back to the nearest Varrock Mine. Many low level miners favor this spot so your competition will be occasionally heavy. The only monster here are the aggressive rats.

South-West Varrock Mine

swvarrocktinzz0.png

Nearest Bank: West Varrock Bank

This is a very good mine for tin banking. It is close to the same distance as the south-east mine is from a Varrock bank. Just like its south-east counterpart, this mine does have alot of low level mining competition. There is an annoying mugger that walks around this mine, so be careful my dear low levels!

Level 20-50

Silver (Level 20)

Coal (Level 30)

Gold (Level 40)

Mithril (Level 21)

Adamant (Level 31)

Runite (Level 41)

In this level range you will have alot of tempting ores for you to profit off of. However, I recommend sticking solely with iron. This is because you will mine such ores more effectively at higher levels. In this level range iron will be incredibly easy for you to mine, especially when you reach level 41 and can wield a rune pickaxe.

You can find the current Grand Exchange price of iron here.

Below are the locations that I believe are best for iron banking.

South-East Varrock Mine

sevarrockironcc6.png

Nearest Bank: East Varrock Bank

The Varrock mines are really a thing of beauty. This mine is also a great place for iron banking believe it or not. You are a short sprint away from the nearest Varrock bank. Your only threat is the giant rats that sprawl about (again if you are level 3 that is). Once again bear in mind, you will face some competition here by miners within your level range.

South-West Varrock Mine

swvarrockironxl0.png

Nearest Bank: West Varrock Bank

Does it surprise you that I mentioned this one again? This mine has an iron spot as well and is a quick run from the nearest Varrock bank. As I mentioned before, the competition is fierce. Just remember low levels that there is a menacing mugger lurking at this mine.

Dwarven Mine

dwarvenminesironmu2.png

The Dwarven Mine has a few iron spots spread about that aren't too bad for banking. You will have to run somewhat farther of a distance than you have to with the Varrock mines but you will not bump into too much competition. Your only threat are the non-aggressive dwarves and the scorpions at the back of the mine.

Level 50-70

Mithril (Level 55)

Adamant (Level 70)

Runite (Level 41)

At this level range you can handle more variety. You will be able to mine ores like coal, gold, and mithril slightly faster than you would at the lower levels. The most balanced to stick with at this point would be coal (especially once you reach level 60 and have access to the Mining Guild). However, do not shy away from gold or mithril because they can bring in loads of money but will take a bit longer to gather.

You can find the current Grand Exchange price of coal here.

You can find the current Grand Exchange price of gold here.

You can find the current Grand Exchange price of mithril here.

Below are the locations that I believe are best for banking either coal, gold, or mithril.

Coal Locations:

Dwarven Mine

dwarvenminescoalhw8.png

The Dwarven Mine has a cluster of coal rocks right next to the back entrance of the Mining Guild. Though there are many rocks in this cluster, there is very fierce competition at this location seeing as it lacks the plethora of rocks located next door. The good thing about this location however, is that it has adamant and mithril rocks right next to the cluster of coal ores. Meaning that this makes a nice place to superheat. Low combat levels may struggle here because of the aggressive scorpions.

lumbwestcoalfx8.png

This mine is best suited for low combat levels. You will not find any monsters here to bother you but bear in mind that means twice the competition. The coal here is not clustered as it is in the Dwarven Mine so you will have to run back and forth. The run to Draynor bank is farther than the run from the Dwarven Mine to the Falador bank. If you are a high level, I do not recommend mining here.

Mining Guild (Requires 60 Mining)

mininguildcoalsr1.png

How could one discuss the best coal mining locations in F2P and not mention the Mining Guild? This place is loaded with coal rocks and there is plenty to go around. Sometimes when the afternoon rush comes in it will be crowded but most of the time you will always have an ore ahead of you to mine. There are no monsters in here to be worried about, so low levels you are totally safe here!

Gold Spot:

craftingguildgoldaz4.png

Crafting Guild (Requires 40 Crafting & Brown Apron)

Nearest Bank: West Falador

While there are plenty of other gold mines in F2P RuneScape this is truly the best one that comes to mind and the only one I will list. There are several gold ores in this small but wealthy mine. Since this is one of the most plentiful gold mines in F2P you will face competition but during off-peak hours you may find it empty. Its quite a run from the Crafting Guild all the way to Falador but well worth it. It would take you much longer to wait at other gold spots to merely fill up your inventory.

Mithril Locations:

lumbwestmithya2.png

As mentioned before, this mine is the best for low combat levels. You will not find any monsters here and you will notice a nice horde of mithril at this location. Again its two major drawbacks are that there is alot of competition here and its a bit far from Draynor bank.

Dwarven Mine

dwarvenminesmithqb6.png

Woohoo the Dwarven Mine again! Yes there is mithril here as well believe it or not! Sadly it is very little but luckily its right next to the back entrance of the Mining Guild. So one could have their fill of coal at the Mining Guild and then make a short visit here every once in awhile to gather up the two mithril ores. The Falador bank is not too far away so you should be able to make it back by the time the last mithril ore you mined respawns. Low levels, be careful here, there are some mean King Scorpions crawling about.

Mining Guild (Requires 60 Mining)

mininguildmithbf6.png

There is a small cluster of mithril rocks in the Mining Guild all the way at the back. Many target these rocks but at least if you are a low combat level you will not have to worry about any monsters attacking you. The banking run for these mithrils is incredibly quick, so if you manage to target a world during the off-peak hours, you could get your hands on alot of mithril somewhat faster.

Level 70+

Adamant (Level 70)

Rune (Level 85)

Runite (Level 41)

At this point you know the two ores that you can cash in on...adamant and rune! For a list of locations which I personally find best to mine them, refer to the list of "Adamant/Rune Locations" under the Mining for No Profit at First section.

You can find the current Grand Exchange price of rune here.[/hide]

[hide=Method #3]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Only Pro of This Method:

You will have the immense honor of possessing a 99 that little over 2,000 RuneScapers have achieved.

The Cons of This Method:

You will not become a faster miner despite how a high a mining level you reach.

You will gain no profit if you choose to dropmine the entire way.

You may spend 5+ months trying to achieve it (it took me close to 2 years eh heh)

You may lose your mind in the process.

99miner.png

This section is for those of you who possess the type of insanity that I have :P. If you desire to mine for the glory of obtaining the maximum level possible in this skill you can use one of the methods described in the previous section or even a combination of both. It comes to how you desire to obtain your 99. Do you wish to profit greatly along your journey and gain levels at agonizing rates or would you like to bullet through and obtain 99 as soon as possible with virtually no profit? Neither is better than the other. Both are honorable in their own rights. If you desire to know how much xp/ores it would take to get to 99 from your current level, simply input your mining xp into the Tip.It Mining Calculator.[/hide]

4. SUPERHEATING

One of the biggest things that can help bank mining is a technique called superheating. Superheating ores before you bank them saves you the cumbersome task of having to run back and forth to store ores or smelting your ores and banked them for smithing. Superheating can also yield high profits if you superheat ores like mithril or adamant. Most of the locations listed in the above training sections can be used for superheating. I personally would recommend using the Mining Guild or the Dwarven mines for mithril/adamant superheating. The wilderness bears several mines wealthy in ores but personally I find those mines much too crowded with monsters that slow down your xp rates/gp gains. Below are the requirements and items necessary to superheat effectively.

[hide=What You Need to Superheat]superheatr.png

Superheat Spell

Requires Level 43 Magic along with the smithing level necessary to smith what you are smelting.

naturerune.png

Nature Runes

Each superheat requires 1 nature rune.

These can be bought (click here for the current Grand Exchange price) or crafted with Level 44 Runecrafting.

firestaff.png

Staff of fire

Each superheat requires 4 fire runes.

This staff is essential as it will save you the cost of all those fire runes! It can be purchased from Zaff's Superior Staffs in Varrock or off the Grand Exchange (click here for the current Grand Exchange price).[/hide]

5. RUNITE MINING

Now most of you who have ever thought of or attempted runite mining grown at the thought of hopping back and forth to random worlds. You think you will never be able to find more than 1 every hour. Well allow me to tell you that you are WRONG WRONG WRONG! You simply are not aware of the most effective technique of mining runite. Well I will break the code of silence and let you in on it. The best technique of mining rune is to...

TIME WORLDS!

Believe it or not, the runite ore respawn times have been discovered and cracked. Below are the runite ore respawn times by world capacity.

[hide=Respawn Times*]Full World (2000)

12 minutes and 30 seconds

1900 People

13 minutes

1800 People

13 minutes and 30 seconds

1700 People

14 minutes

1600 People

14 minutes and 30 seconds

1500 People

15 minutes

1400 People

15 minutes and 30 seconds

1300 People

16 minutes

1200 People

16 minutes and 30 seconds

1100 People

17 minutes

1000 People

17 minutes and 30 seconds

900 People

18 minutes

800 People

18 minutes and 30 seconds

700 People

19 minutes

600 People

19 minutes and 30 seconds

500 People

20 minutes

400 People

20 minutes and 30 seconds

300 People

21 minutes

200 People

21 minutes and 30 seconds

100 People

22 minutes[/hide]

[hide=The Technique]Before I go into the details of how to use this method lets briefly cover what your inventory and equipment should like. Despite my advice to wear little to no clothing, wilderness mining calls for more protective armor.

In your inventory you 7-10 lobsters and 2-3 optional anchovy pizzas. The lobsters are a necessity if you ever encounter Revenants on your rune mining trips. It would also be wise to pack the lumbridge ring (cabbage teleport) or teleport runes if you wish to teleport at level 20 wild. DO NOT leave the rune rocks with less than 3 lobsters! You never know when a mere 3 lobsters may save you...

Your equipment screen should look something like this:

runemininggear.png

The reason why it is silly to wear full rune is because it will way you down heavily. This armor will still provide you adequate protection as will as a little bit less weight to run with.

Great news! I have created an easy to use Excel Rune Mining Respawn Calculator! The calc has garnered several satisfied users, an example of which can be found here :). To see a tutorial of how to use the calculator click here (see below for the download link).

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE CALCULATOR (WATCH THE TUT FIRST)

or

read below for the manual calculation and other techniques that you will find helpful...

Hop around on different worlds, primarily those that are close to full capacity, and find one that has two rune ores. Once you have found one, begin to mine the rune. The minute you mine the first rune ore, write down the world and time in Notepad. Be sure to notate the amount of people that are in that world so you do not forget. Once you have done that, you can calculate when the next ore will appear on that world by adding the appropriate runite respawn minutes to the time you just wrote down. For example, if you wrote down 5:25 for World 1 that contains 1900 people, you should return 12 minutes later at 5:37 on World 1. Once you have timed your first world try to find 3-4+ more worlds to time. If some of your timed worlds do not immediately respawn rune, thats OK, wait 1 minute or hop and check back a couple minutes later.

BIG TIP: Set up several scout accounts and hop between them to bypass the profile switch timer.

A full inventory can take you as little as 2 hours with this method (sometimes even as little as an hour and a half). If you took my advice and left only 3 lobsters and a few telly runes you would have an inventory of 22 rune ores that would be worth 250k+ (or you could sacrifice the telly runes and have 25 rune ores that are worth 300k+). So you could make as much as 1.7-2 Mill+ every week by merely mining once every day. Not too shabby at all for F2P, if I do say so myself![/hide]

6. OPTIMIZATION

If you wish to optimize how efficiently you mine here are a few tips to help you out.

Always mine on crowded worlds (such as world with 1900 people).

Increase your pointer speed to the maximum possible speed. This can be done by going to My Computer > Control Panel > Mouse > Pointer Options and dragging the speed slider all the way to fast or as close as you are comfortable with and clicking OK.

Mine in both low definition and the fixed window. This reduces the lag that occurs when loading the RuneScape graphics. This can be done by logging in under regular detail.

7. CREDITS

*Mining site graphics courtesy of Tip.It

*Map graphics courtesy of Tip.it

*Original suggestion to add superheating: Bedman

*Original suggestion to add cabbage telly: Teng

Note: Feel free to leave your suggestions on how to improve this guide at any time!

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Thanks for the great memories folks :).

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, but there's a few mistakes in there.

First of all, your xp rates are wrong. With iron you can manage 40k an hour, that's more than 34k an hour you mentioned.

Second of all, why didn't you mention superheating while mining? It's really the only viable option next to powermining IMO. I heard it's still decent xp, and decent profit too. Cuts down on banking, A LOT.

Besides that, it's pretty good, but really, leaving out superheating...

This is a very good guide on Mining, did it take you long to write?

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Sorry, but there's a few mistakes in there.

First of all, your xp rates are wrong. With iron you can manage 40k an hour, that's more than 34k an hour you mentioned.

Second of all, why didn't you mention superheating while mining? It's really the only viable option next to powermining IMO. I heard it's still decent xp, and decent profit too. Cuts down on banking, A LOT.

Besides that, it's pretty good, but really, leaving out superheating...

I was conservative on the iron xp rates so people would not assume that it is easy to strike 40k an hour (so I wouldn't call that a mistake). However, the superheating would make a nice addition to the guide. Though I tried to make this guide very detailed, it is only a first draft ;). I'll pencil in a section about superheating when I get the chance.

This is a very good guide on Mining, did it take you long to write?

Indeed! It took me around 4-5 days. Had to revise it over and over till I was satisfied.

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Ummm.... might i suggest wearing the Explorer's Ring 3 instead? This way you can have 3 more spaces in the inventory. Overall, it's a good guide; i give it a 9.9/10 for not including super-heating ores. ::'

Thanks all for the high ratings ::'...I see superheating is a popular demand so its for sure making it into this guide when I have the chance. *ignore*As far as the explorer's ring, I have personally worn it in the wild and for some reason its function doesn't work in any level wildy. Try it yourself and you will see.*ignore*

What the...it works now #-o. I tried it at 19 wild once and it didn't...weird. Guess I'll add that as additional gear, let me retest in that level wildy and see.

EDIT #3:

Now it all makes sense. I couldn't use the rings function because I was being attacked by a rev. The purpose of the telly runes (because hey even the home telly would work) is because I used them for escaping the revs in a last ditch effort by running to level 20 wildy and tellying out. The home telly and ring telly get interrupted by their attacks. The only thing that sucks is when the rev finally decides to telly block you...then you got to sprint your way out as best you can.

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

It's a well written guide, and it has some good info in there too.

However, as every good guide writer discovers, it's not a good thing to just list facts. For example...

[hide=]Pros of This Method:

You will not have to remain in crowded low level spots for much longer.

Cons of This Method:

You will have to put up with dropping one ore after another.[/hide]

Well, you gave some obvious information. However, there is no proof to support this. DON'T BE AFRAID TO SAY INFORMATION, even though it might attract some critism from the illiterate. Basically, you CAN say NEVER MINE HERE unless you just really want to. You CAN say mining Adamant, mithril, coal is just plain stupid and inefficient. That's what seperates a useful guide and a KB guide. Also,

[hide=]Level 50-70

Copper (Level 1)

Tin (Level 1)

Rune Essence (Level 1)

Clay (Level 1)

Blurite (Level 10)

Iron (Level 15)

Silver (Level 20)

Coal (Level 30)

Gold (Level 40)

Mithril (Level 55)

Adamant (Level 70)

Bronze (Level 1)

Iron (Level 1)

Steel (Level 6)

Mithril (Level 21)

Adamant (Level 31)

Runite (Level 41)[/hide]

is kinda useless, maybe just add what you gained, if even that. I'm pretty sure everybody knows when they can mine Adamant, lol.

If I were to rewrite the cons and pros, for example (Definetely don't put this word for word in your guide, lol. Just an example)

[hide=]Pros of This Method:

It is actually much more efficient than banking ores. In fact, powermining is much more efficient than every other single method out there! (Remember, efficiency = what matters the most when trying to write a guide. However, you must take other factors into consideration, such as how much attention is needed, how "fun" it is, ect.)

Cons of This Method:

You will have to put up with dropping one ore after another. (Much more clicking involed)

Also known to be extremely tedious.[/hide]

Remember, this is just some constructive critism from a fellow guide-writer. Wether you decide to utilize this information or not is your choice. I hope this guide does becomes a good guide. Best of luck to you. :thumbsup:

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

Yup, the Explorer's ring 3 works and I am sure of that because I used it to escape from revvies before. I think tele-block will have the same effect on all teleportation spells regardless whether its Home, Town or Cabbage-tele.

Perhaps if one knows the route to Bounty Hunter bank, then it is also a viable option of escaping the revvies. It's around Lvl 20 wilderness; same as the maximum level required for teleportation spells to work.

Thanks for your tips Inuashakent! It is my first guide after all, so any advice from you previous guide writers is much appreciated. To me though the pros and cons list sometimes is necessary to break it down to basic terms (there are those out there that suffer from "TL;DR" teehee).

Yeah I think I'll shrink down the what you can mine/wield now info to what is gained in each level range. Fought with that little tidbit before I posted the guide, so I'll tweak it on the next rewrite.

Basically, you CAN say NEVER MINE HERE unless you just really want to. You CAN say mining Adamant, mithril, coal is just plain stupid and inefficient. That's what seperates a useful guide and a KB guide.

I'm pretty sure some hardcore miners would get steamed if I went too opinionated and degraded any method to stupid or for that matter raising it up as superb (I'm sure you were just using an example and not an actual statement :lol:). Everyone has a vastly different view of efficiency. There are those that believe money overvalues xp gains as it is real net profit while a hardcore skiller would believe larger xp gains would excel their proficiency in the skill in the long run.

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Efficiency is a fact.

[hide=]Money made from method 1-2 Xp gained/hour from method 2- method 1 * Amount of xp gained from method 2/ method 1

There should be a number like 120k, or the like. That means if you make over 120k gp/hour, you should go to the other spot.[/hide]

Heres an example: Messy sooo.... sorry if you can't understand it.

100k/hour, 40k gp lost 70k/hour, 150k gp gained

30k/hour * 190k gp gained

So if you value your time more than 271k/hour (who doesn't?) than go to Zombies. If not, go here.

And when I said tell the benefits of each method, I didn't mean take out the basics. I mean just add which is ACTUALLY better which is, of course, Iron.

If I do Coal, IIRC it should be around 50k.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

Unequip the ring and then right click and select cabbage port works when right clicking doesnt. i've used the ring to tele out of combat lots of times with that method.

nice guide though :) . I'm gonna get 85mining right after i get my other goals completed.

• 2 weeks later...

For superheating, I call it coal carting. You can stay in the guild way longer compare to 28 coal per inventory, thus making this method effective, so its like 4.5k to 5.5k xp of mining per trip.

Another way I used to train is tele mining, this one favours Rimmington mine and Craft guild. In the old days, I would get fally tele ready, and full inventory of rune ess ready, run from fally to either places, on my way there, I make air runes (I dont carry air runes just law and water staff because I know I will make them on my way there). Then I mine ores, iron and gold and silver. when u are done, just tele back to fally and repeat

Cabbage tele, just mine them, tele to cabbage patch and bank at draynor

Some of my friend use scout method, they go to a world with a low lvl scout first to see if there is runite there, and then proceed after that. They told me that its very effective and also could be use with timing method. On average, according to them they can get 30 to 45 runite ores per hour this way.

I Edited my response after realizing this is guide section, but once again, very good guide by Lady

a happy Runescaper

Pretty nice guide

But definatly add these weight reducing gear:

Penance gloves, Boots of Lightness, Hunter Capes.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Pretty nice guide

But definatly add these weight reducing gear:

Penance gloves, Boots of Lightness, Hunter Capes.

I'm an F2P player so this guide is written for primarily F2P :P.

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

btw there is a typo. u spelled progress, prowess. or something. just fix that and everything is look fantastic. keep up the good work :thumbup: :thumbsup: =D>

Prowess (Noun): Exceptional or superior ability, skill, or strength: his prowess as a public speaker.

^That is what I meant when I said "mining prowess" ::'...

Thanks for all the positive feedback everyone. I am hoping to get to adding superheating and telemining to the guide soon. College is keeping me quite busy at the moment.

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there Shadie. I really like this guide you've created, its very detailed. ::' Great guide you've got here :)

ps. Good luck once again, on the rest of your journey to 99 mining <3: