Tip.It Times: 26 July 2009

n_odie

Time for a new release of the: >>>Tip.It Times!<<<

When replying please make sure to clarify the article you are replying to! Thanks!

Enjoy the articles!

P.S. Also if you notice any kind of grammar/spelling mistakes, please PM me instead of posting on here. Thanks!

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

Good articles guys =D> :thumbup:

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

The first article about the different payments was kinda cool to see what goes on for each payment. The second article "The Trailblazer" was excellent and kinda reminds me of myself or my friends. It can connect with just about anybody, it kinda makes u think about those type of players, and i applaud those people who create the guides here at tip.it. =D> Great Articles!

wwezach.png

1.)I felt like I was just reading a pretty non-informative article about payment in the first article,I really don't know what there is to like. Most active 'Scapers will have known most of that info from just talking to friends.The article also fails to discuss many other methods of payment, for that reason I find it boring and a bad read.

The second article seemed to be a bit better. It brings about the good point that most of us are merely following statistics that are given to us by players who are trying to chase higher ranks. I also agree with the author, tif is a grand exchange of info, and is quite a friendly community. I liked seeing how the discovery of tif really changed the way he played. Good article.

Dyk: A ton better. I never thought of the infinite pineapples. That could actually be useful for lower level players who like to DYI.

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

i know there isnt another part but i wanna know more about artur :lol:

TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE BATTLE IN VARROCK !@!@!@

i <3: the story

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

Epic, just that I didn't have a lumby guide that time lulz, and I didn't know how to speak english back then o_O, but I eventually found out tip.it, found it while trying to find RuneHQ, which according my friend was 'The best site ever' best site my @$$ lol

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

w00t first page! hola!

i thought they we pretty good articles, first was sort of winding and pointless, 2nd was very accurate and profound, and that whole siege series is awesome, best articles tipits ever had! feel free to message me on rs, its greecl or lite191 or drumshadow!

Greecl: agreed, mister Eskimo steroid wrestler black guy thingy.

Lite191: =] lol

Greecl: this is going on my siggy on tippit.

lite191: actually im a ninja Eskimo wrestler on steroids with a godsword… on fire.

Greecl: eating a Klondike bar. =p

lite191: yes but it melted=[

Greecl: aw…wish you weren’t on fire now, huh?

lite191 :no.

lite191: Still freaking awesome.me

Greecl: or as Greecl would say… Frosted flakes are better!!!

lite191: agreed.

OMG I absolutely love this siege series! Is it over? i want to know more about it!

The payment article i really didnt like caz it seemed like just someone telling us how to pay for membership...I can figure that out on the runescape website.

The second article i tottally relate with. Tip.It changed how fast i can do some things in the game that i couldnt do before. And the quests...I would be totally lost on quests without the guides!

Overall great articles this week :thumbsup:

blue_pika515.png

74.png

I made about 3000 gp in one day doing the mining and smithing thing! Then i spent it all on an addy long i couldn't use, so i had to start over. And there was no lumby guide when i started, so i followed my friend's instructions lol.

Staurolite.png

I don't have any comments on the first article, seeing as I am not a member, nor plan to be in the future.

I can very relate to the 2nd article. I remember doing the exact same thing of mining and smithing lol. Then came tipit, and amazing guides that made me rethink everything.

I think almost everyone can relate to the second article; most of us trained inefficiently when we were new to the game. Overall, this article was my favorite this week.

As for the fictional article, anyone know how you pronounce the main characters name, Artur? Is it Are-tur ? For the past few weeks I've been reading it as Arthur, silly me! :roll:

Arguing with a fool proves there are two.

I like the second article as well.

I have a quest cape, and I'm proud of the fact I've done 95% of the quests without a guide (including MEP2 :P), but tipit is like a helpful older brother, or maybe a slightly eccentric uncle.. You can always find the answer.

I keep being reminded of this when doing tasks of dusties, for some reason.. I had somebody come through looking for jellies and offered to help them, but they refused and kept walking. Twenty minutes later they come stumbling through a different portal on about 1/3hp. That time they accepted my offer, but if it wasn't for Tip.It I wouldn't have had the slightest clue about the Chaos Tunnels either.

The next time I had a dust devil task the same thing happened, except this time it was somebody searching for Bork. I knew they were miles off, but they didn't, and with a little "goggle Tipit, look under minigame guides" they were on their way.

Thanks Tip.It

*Hug* <3:

The second article bring back old good memories <3: Realy good read. :D

kirderf123.png

99 Woodcutting 09/12/08 - 99 Cooking 13/01/09 - 99 Fletching 20/04/09 - 2,713th to 99 Construction 14/09/09

[hide=Quote]

New summon monster. You get 99 summon and complete a hard quest to gain the ability to summon Jesus, who splits the waters allowing you to walk to a new port town where you unlock the sailing skill. Obviously ;)

That was Moses you idiot.

That gets fixed in the bugfix the following week. Maybe.

[/hide]

Credit/debit card is the best way by far, you stay a member continously until you decide to cancel and the only 'hidden charges' you'd encounter would be interest, which anyone with a credit card would have their own plan already of dealing with, personally i pay mine off every month and pay nothing extra. Banks are also not blind, stupid, or completely unwillingly to protect their customers money from suspicious activity (contrary to popular opinion) it's no more risky giving your details to Jagex than it is losing your prepaid card on the way home or getting mugged.

On the new rates you only save 2 pounds a month using Wallie on a yearly rate over a credit card, so i really don't see how that's the best option, if i get bored for a while i want to be able to not play knowing i'm not wasting money on membership i'm not using, and the author said it himself sometimes you'd have something left over, would it work out the same or more expensive then?

The second article was good though, seriously that lumbridge guide is such a damn noob! has he never heard of falador?? I think i'm in quite a good position, i never discovered Tip.it for years, so i got used to doing my own research, checking distances on the map, and checking how much xp i got from things, which shouldn't be hard even for new players really. After you've played for as long as i have though, running all the way back to a bank just to pick up a hammer an NPC decides it needs for a quest really loses its novelty, i always check quest guides (if they're out) just to see if there's any particular items i need to bring along, it's not really a spoiler in my opinion, just saving time.

Credit/debit card is the best way by far, you stay a member continously until you decide to cancel and the only 'hidden charges' you'd encounter would be interest, which anyone with a credit card would have their own plan already of dealing with, personally i pay mine off every month and pay nothing extra. Banks are also not blind, stupid, or completely unwillingly to protect their customers money from suspicious activity (contrary to popular opinion) it's no more risky giving your details to Jagex than it is losing your prepaid card on the way home or getting mugged.

On the new rates you only save 2 pounds a month using Wallie on a yearly rate over a credit card, so i really don't see how that's the best option, if i get bored for a while i want to be able to not play knowing i'm not wasting money on membership i'm not using, and the author said it himself sometimes you'd have something left over, would it work out the same or more expensive then?

Eww.. I just wrote a lengthy reply and then closed it after previewing..

:wall:

Summary:

Hidden charges = credit card fees. Here, it's included in the price of subscription.

Security issue is not with jagex having your details, it's the transmission. Malicious software can steal your details, and more machines are infected than most people realise. (google botnet statistics, for example)

There's no guarantee you'll get your money back. Banks might not their reputation tarnished, but they're equally reluctant to just let go of money.

It's actually 2 pounds a year - Credit card = 3.5 per month -> 42 per year. Wallie = 4.5 per month -> 54 per year OR 39.99 per year outright.

The second article reminded me so much of when i first started, standing outside varrock asking people where varrock was, and walking up and down the world of runescape utilising the most obscure mining locations, furnaces and anvils because they were the only ones i knew, and also the use of a bank evaded me for some time too HAHA!

EXcelent read, good job. :thumbsup: