Clan Shocks of the Year So Far?

Dbzruler72

An unexpected impression? Hmm, probably the Explorer's Ring. It helped to revolutionize the warring process. I just thought that you would receive something useless, but fun, like something similar to a rubber chicken.

As for a great update, I'd say PvP worlds. They're awesome!

j0xPu5R.png

My main shock is that jagex showed some support. Adding pvp worlds, clan war updates, and small things like clan leaders forum in RSOF.

Other shocks include Ronin and faith closing and DF finally being brought back to earth.

pan.png

Biggest change: PvP, no discussion about this. It caused the clans to rethink their pkin motives, encouraged people to work on their banks and caused a massive flow of new members to top rated clans.

Biggest surpriser: Infinite run in my option. It added to the clan wars made a nice impact and some top clans even put it into their requirements. Last time a quest probably meant this much to clans when the ancients came.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

Biggest shock clan-wise was the closure of Faith, and a few clans like DF who have "been bought back to earth" (nice choice of words peter). Also I think that the new run options (explorer ring/infinite run) have done a lot.

Jcfc.jpeg

Thanks everybody for the sigs | 3,956 to 99 fishing | King of BsK 18/09/08 - 18/10/08

Chelsea Supporter | CD Supporter | AfterShock Member

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: Cotton Traders

Now what the hell are you waitin' for? After me, there shall be no more, so for one last time, make some noise.

Biggest change: PvP, no discussion about this. It caused the clans to rethink their pkin motives, encouraged people to work on their banks and caused a massive flow of new members to top rated clans.

Biggest surpriser: Infinite run in my option. It added to the clan wars made a nice impact and some top clans even put it into their requirements. Last time a quest probably meant this much to clans when the ancients came.

Was going to write a reply... but I was going to just say exactly this lol. :thumbup:

enzock.gif

Proud Leader of the Corruption Clan. PM me to set up a fight or for any queries relating to my clan.

Biggest shock clan-wise was the closure of Faith, and a few clans like DF who have "been bought back to earth" (nice choice of words peter). Also I think that the new run options (explorer ring/infinite run) have done a lot.

Definitely a big shock to see old clans like Faith and Ronin close. I hope we last for a very long time.

Definitely a big shock to see old clans like Faith and Ronin close. I hope we last for a very long time.

Yeah, I agree. I couldn't believe it once I saw it. :(

j0xPu5R.png

• 1 month later...
Sorry to be neeby but why does it change warring. I like the cw options :)

It gives you 150% more run, which can really drag out low-option melee+bind-only wars. If you're tanking in a 10 v 10, an extra 150% run means you can tank several minutes longer. In large option wars (100+ options on each team) it isn't as useful since you'll probably be bound the whole time anyway. Unless the other team isn't binding, then you'll be a tanking god :lol:

Definitely a big shock to see old clans like Faith and Ronin close

Don't know about Faith, but Ronin had some leadership and flaming problems that led to their closing. We warred them right before they closed, and they were doing all sorts of stuff like breaking bounds, running for the portals, and flaming like crazy. We had warred Ronin a lot before that, and had never seen that kind of stuff from them before. It was definately a sign that they weren't holding themselves to the same standard as they had before. If they were outwardly flaming, I'm sure they were internally also, and usually clans that do that don't last too long.

It was too bad, too. Ronin was a fun clan to war and had a lot of good members. Maybe they can get it worked out and start up again.

rsd.gif

rsdb.png

124ecdx.gifFormer Admin of The Death Monkeighs124ecdx.gif

124ecdx.gifFormer Vengeance Council124ecdx.gif

124ecdx.gifFormer Eternal Honour Member124ecdx.gif

124ecdx.gifCurrent Runescape Dinasty Supreme Member124ecdx.gif

Cabbage teleports by the ring?? Have to be careful or you could oops during a war. But the ring is awesome for alot of things.

The prices of certain things is probably one of the bigger changes too with ge. Shark prices seem to have gotten more stable with pvp going on now.

rachelkn7ld0.gif

Clan Chat and Clan Wars (I know they weren't released in 2008) really changed a lot. When PKing was removed from the game, No-Honor clans practically fled.

I won't lie. I think I may be the only person who liked the idea of having Bounty Hunter instead of the Wilderness. I always seemed to get more kills in one trip to Bounty Hunter than I could in 5 trips to the Wilderness.

Anyways, back to Clan Wars. I really liked this update. Now, clans can war in full rune without any of their members having to worry about losing millions of gold. I don't really see any point in adding the Free-For-All arenas, though. It's basically just a scaled-down version of the PvP worlds except you can attack anyone instead of just people within 10% of your lvl. range (I hope I worded that alright :ohnoes: ).

I'm sure Jagex will surprise us with many more updates in the future, and we will all need to adjust to them. I've just recently started a new account after mine got hacked (don't ask how because I don't know). I'm currently working on non-combat skills so I can get money for armor, weapons, food, and supplies. I'll set some goals when I have some decent skills and cash.

Proud member of The RuneScape Rebels