The quality of clan members.

Gamerr

I want to begin a discussion here about what you think about the current clan world.

Clan hoppers aren't a rare phenomenon anymore, some people barely stay longer as a few months in 1 clan. Also, some members seem to only join the clans that are highly ranked, and some lower ranked clans have big recruiting problems. My questions:

[b]1. Do you think clan members of today are more/less loyal as a few years ago?[/b]

[b]2. Do you think that people are prepared to do as much for their clan as a few years ago?[/b]

[b]3. Do you think - in general - top clans of today are as good as some of the legendary clans like DS, ZF, ...[/b]

signature4s.jpg

1. Do you think clan members of today are more/less loyal as a few years ago? Yes, they all get rude to the Leaders now and talk back

2. Do you think that people are prepared to do as much for their clan as a few years ago? Hmm, yh I guess

3. Do you think - in general - top clans of today are as good as some of the legendary clans like DS, ZF, ... Yes, there are many top Clans and the Clan world is getting stronger and stronger each day

a70kf.png

Divine Forces | #DF on irc.seersirc.net | Most Motivated |

http://rs-df.com/forums

1. Do you think clan members of today are more/less loyal as a few years ago? I think members are more loyal now. People are returning for 12+ hours, an amount not even thought possible 2 years ago. It's insane how loyal some members are, and the amount of time they're willing to devote for their clan.

2. Do you think that people are prepared to do as much for their clan as a few years ago? Indeed. I answered this question already, in the question above!

3. Do you think - in general - top clans of today are as good as some of the legendary clans like DS, ZF, ... I'm bias, but nope. I liked the old clan world. Returning for 12+ hours may show dedication, but I never said it was healthy nor beneficial to the clan world. Wars are where it's at, and PKRIs with a cap.

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

1. Do you think clan members of today are more/less loyal as a few years ago?

Yes, although i'd say that now you might get quite a few members that just post an app and never come back.

2. Do you think that people are prepared to do as much for their clan as a few years ago?

Maybe even more, now RS has more events than a few years ago, making it "fun".

3. Do you think - in general - top clans of today are as good as some of the legendary clans like DS, ZF, ...

Yes, although now it's more top clans than before.

22031_s.gif

1. Do you think clan members of today are more/less loyal as a few years ago? not really sure

2. Do you think that people are prepared to do as much for their clan as a few years ago? I think more is expected now a days.

3. Do you think - in general - top clans of today are as good as some of the legendary clans like DS, ZF, ... nothing will ever top the good old days!

~Founder of the Legendary Clan ZeonicForce~

0lDw1lK.png

The ones that join the lower clans are (in general) less loyal than those who have joined the higher up clans. I've just noticed that and it's a very bad element to have.

2. Do you think that people are prepared to do as much for their clan as a few years ago?

No, as I said above, those in lower ranked clans tend to not be as loyal for their clan as before. I suppose it's because once you're in one of the higher up clans of RuneScape, then you're as high as you can go, so you have to try your hardest (also, considering their strict rules on it).

3. Do you think - in general - top clans of today are as good as some of the legendary clans like DS, ZF, ...

I'd say that the older clans had more of a community than the clans you see today. Clans today tend to be a bit more cocky I've noticed unlike before where everything was based on a strict honour code.

j0xPu5R.png

1. Do you think clan members of today are more/less loyal as a few years ago? More loyal. Clan leaderships are more corrupt now.

2. Do you think that people are prepared to do as much for their clan as a few years ago? More.

3. Do you think - in general - top clans of today are as good as some of the legendary clans like DS, ZF, ... Top clans today are definitely better.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

1. Do you think clan members of today are more/less loyal as a few years ago? No. I think the reasons for wanting to join a clan have changed though and that is why people come and go alot more often. There are always exceptions but for the most part, if someone joins a big clan then they do it to win wars. If that clan has problems then they will lose members because they are not winning wars. I think clans in the past were more interested in the community than the amount of wars they were winning. That is not all that it is down to but I think that is part of it.

2. Do you think that people are prepared to do as much for their clan as a few years ago? Yes. I think that people are willing to work for their clan if they think it is worth it. With warring being such a big deal now, if a clan does get worse at it then I think that people see less of a reason to try as hard as they did.

3. Do you think - in general - top clans of today are as good as some of the legendary clans like DS, ZF, ... Yes, ofcourse they wont fight and haven't been tried against each other but not all of the members from the old clans have gone and the powerhouse clans are filled with them and other good warrers from other good clans that have been dominant in the past. Organisation and tactics have changed so much since those clans were about that if they were to return I feel that they would have a difficult time getting to the dominance that they once had. Sniping comes to mind as being used alot more effectively now than it was back when DS and ZF were about.

Do you want to love me?

Now this is an interesting point. And I'd have to say absolutely not. Our sense of "loyalty" is slowly dying out with our time (see any sort of discussion thread about RS Clans Growing Up). With it, the 'younger age' of clanners is emerging and being molded by Jagex's new clan structures and support.

They no really need to go search out fansites to find clans. You go to clan wars w141 and find a strong team. For 2hr, you'll have a lot of fun without the need for dedication and drama.

If you put yourself in this time, imagine you're a new player in this time period. Would you still choose structure over fleeting pleasure amd freedom to do what you want?

Depends on what kind of player we're looking at. Overall? No. Through no fault of their own, it's just a slowly changing time.

Absolutely not. It's the result of two years of decaying.

hzvjpwS.gif

- They definitely are. The clan members that were around before the wilderness removal, were almost always loyal to the clan they joined until the clan closed or they had very rare issues with the clan. Today people leave clans for the heck of it. They're easily bribed, or feel compelled to join that stronger clan, because they don't feel like putting in the work and sacrificing some items for aclan that could someday be very powerful. The instant gratification that we see in real life, is really taking over in the clan world, in my opinion.

Then again this was already an issue that was starting to become a major conflict within the clan world before the wilderness removal anyways. I think the past year and a half was just a steroid for the problem. Though I do not know why this has become increasingly more common.

- No, they aren't, and the number of people that are prepared to do what it takes for a clan has decreased. Then again though, was this already happening before?

- I think clans valued community more so over winning or rivalries than they do today. That's whats different.

I wasn't into clans when ZF or DS were around but I dont need to have been around then to know that todays clans are better. If not, why isnt that those old clans arent around anymore? They obviously werent able to evolve and adapt to changes in the clan world like other clans could. Competition in the clan world is simply merciless.

090831004444.png

1. Do you think clan members of today are more/less loyal as a few years ago? Some are.

2. Do you think that people are prepared to do as much for their clan as a few years ago? Some are.

3. Do you think - in general - top clans of today are as good as some of the legendary clans like DS, ZF, ... No, but then I wasn't around that long then.

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

• 2 weeks later...

1. Do you think clan members of today are more/less loyal as a few years ago? IMMENSELY. DoubleVision has lost epic amounts of members since I joined 3 years ago - something like 100?

2. Do you think that people are prepared to do as much for their clan as a few years ago? No. And I can't blame them in my clan - we don't particularly push events, or requirements, so people just take part in our casual 'contests' (exp kings etc)

3. Do you think - in general - top clans of today are as good as some of the legendary clans like DS, ZF, ... No. No. No. NO. We're spread out, rather than packed, and the system has changed. This means we're completely different

Boom! Dead Shot

Both actually.. I think people moved further to the end of the spectrum on both sides... You have your people that stay with clans for years, and people that jump to the next clan the very second they see they cannot become more then "mere member" in the next 2 months... Fortunately for leaders of clans such as myself, the hoppers are much easier to "detect" then they were a few years back...

Kind of answered this already in the previous question... But how far can you take this... Are we talking things like tanking for others at Bandos... Or are we talking about asking members for donations to keep the site and forums running... I think the loyal members would be willing to chip in, but once again, the rift between loyal people and floaters is ever more clear in this...

Whole different ball game these days, as each clan has their favorite battleground/time... I doubt they would compare, but the only attributes that can be compared are basicly; member cohesion... I havent been in any of those clans, so I cant answer that one :)

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!