Tip.It Times Presents: RS2.1

oddfaery2

This week's Tip.It Times has been released. Feel free to discuss the article or post any comments. If you have any criticism, please make sure it's constructive! :D

RS2.1

The Editor

This week Jagex introduced another major upgrade to their game engine for RuneScape. According to them, this has been something they worked on for months, in order to bring us updates that they could not provide on the old game engine. WeÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve yet to see what these updates are, but so far...

Click here to read the rest of this article.

tipitcrewex8.jpg

Proud to have gotten 1800 skill total before access to fishing guild

Why make a house when you can rob one?

As the first poster i will say, nice article! :D

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

1. I hope i'm gonna expierince the new engine, and believe me, i didn't so far. I don't listen music or so...

2. The password thing is very difficult even on a fora to translate. You can search in data base but for example the word banana is maybe "4654dg564dg6s54g5d6sg4dfg56dsfgsd56gdfs6gfgs6d".

Tough, little small good article.

The speed increase is really there, I can now enjoy high detail, and my CPU usage isn't 100% anymore when running Runescape (no more 5 minute loading time of kcalc and kolourpaint when Runescape is running).

The sound is working, the music isn't. I hear no music on low and high detail. Tested it in Firefox, Opera and SeaMonkey on Linux.

I played with the sound for 5 minutes, then turned it off again. The volume is too loud compared to the mp3's I play, even if the volume is set to 1. However, if I need the sound I can turn it on now so that's great.

I still see autoers however, but a bit less. :evil:

Runescape: Lodev (Combat level been fixed at 101 for years now, Total level 1500+, playing since march 2002)

Arenascape: Lode (Level 240+ Warlock)

Not much to talk about really on this tip.it times. Just a warning about passwords and the already talked about new game engine upgrade.

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

I personaly think it was nice of jagex to update the engine. Everyone loves the sound or most of my friends. I personaly hate it lol and turn it off but i guess i can still turn it off and its nothing bad. The chat system i dont like how it takes 2-5 secs after u hit enter for everyone to see your text idk if this is intensional or lag? but either way they promiced faster. Oh and btw the new system in my terms is a bit too strong. How can one be banned for giving a freind a mask? or mimicking macro movements? such as playing on a level 3 and cutting logs where macros are. Too strong and i criticize it because i know its hard to set up a filter or this new system but they gotta make it so everyone can stil play without having to restart the game cause they were banned not on facts but suspicions.

But dont get me wrong the system has alot of gr8 things, that many players like but most of it isnt stuff i was looking forward to.

(cant do the ccookk or wnoobw trick with the filter we are ruined) =)

black_firexp.png

Great article! I think that the new engine is awesome: I have sound on low detail, and I lose connections much less often. However, I have still noticed autoers at the falador and melzars maze yew spots (lol i noticed that the s in in melzars maze is censored) I cant wait for the "big surprise"

wow that was a good article, although i don't think it will reach the popularity the zezima interview has sparked. it let me into the tiny details of censors and allowed me to comprehend that JAGeX is quickley fixing those little bugs such as "dosen't" becoming "dosen'*" that was brought up in the article.

one of the points that struck gold for me was those about the Macroer Downfall JAGeX has planned, it reiterated for me that their time is short and soon those yew-trees will be Mine! Forever! anyway, i look forward to more of them =)

tipitlessersigea3.png

Loading the game in 2 seconds after some seconds of checking updates, it's worth it ^^

They could have left intro music in low detail...but whatever it's still fine ^^

diosesgif11vg.gif

Pkmario

Porygon 64

Black Charlizard

Hmm that's nice...if he hates cheaters so much why do we have adverts for trading rl money for rs money on this website giving the autoers more business. Seems a bit silly to me.

As I understand it, the ads are automatically generated by google or something.

There is a sticky in one of the forums for reporting bad ads so they can be removed.

If you dont take steps to ensure that you're protected, you void all right to complain when stuff goes wrong.
Join the petition for a new bank page layout!

grammar2gr8dx.png

Hmm that's nice...if he hates cheaters so much why do we have adverts for trading rl money for rs money on this website giving the autoers more business. Seems a bit silly to me.

lol how many times will dummies ask this question? The only ads you see for that are the google ads. We do not condone trading cash for RS money, and as far as I know, the admins are trying to get that taken care of.

tipitcrewex8.jpg

Proud to have gotten 1800 skill total before access to fishing guild

Why make a house when you can rob one?

Amen I agree with the article completely

All Quests completed

99 Thieving achieved on January 10th, 2008

99 Defense achieved on August 3rd, 2008

85 Slayer achieved on July 31st, 2008

6 Dragon boot drops, 14 Whip drops

i like the new engine, but i dislike the sound. i can understand some ppl like it, but i dont. why? because i like to listen to web-radio while playing.

so if any person of jagex or any moderator reads this: add a mute option for the sound. this will please all!

:D :D :D

-=[ Once, a researcher of the weird and wonderfull items in runescape ]=-

sigtipit.jpg

You cannot do all you want. You have to make choises. I made the right one, hopefully, so will you!

The new engine is great, and I'm really looking forward to what they plan on doing. That first time logging in was weird because all of a sudden there was sound, I thought I was out of it, but nope, The Music is everywhere! Anyway for those of you who'd rather listen to something else just mute your SW Synth (just go to Volume Control and you should be able to check it off).

pcingbs6.jpg

Goals: 80/80 Range, 75/90 Strength, 77/85 Attack, 64/76 Fishing and crafting 31k natures (o.O)