Tip.It Times Presents: Cooking: A Skill of its Own

Kiara_Kat

This week's Tip.It Times has been released. Feel free to discuss the article or post any comments. If you have any criticism, please make sure it's constructive! :D

Cooking: A Skill of its Own

DragnFly

There are few people around who still remember when cooking meant more than just using a fish on the nearest fire or range. Players would spend their evenings baking loaves of bread, cooking a pie to perfection or fermenting their wine...

Click here to read the rest of this article.

Remember, the SEARCH button is your friend. Use it!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that the guild should be expanded. maybe even have a bunch of cows in a pasture right beside, like the crafting guild. and 32 may be low, but for F2P, it's perfect. at 55 you can do all F2P foods, and unless it was raised to only 40, it'd be too high to be practical.

wow second post:)

but seriously, aren't all of the skills to do with some other skill? i can only think of construction that doesnt have another skill that directly links to it. for example woodcutting has fletching for memebrs and f2p have firemaking.

why should cooking be any different? yes it would be great to see people making more different foods, but to cook fish is sooo convinet-it's quicker xp than any other food. until the xp per hr are sorted out fishing will jsut be the way to level up cooking.

I have lv 50 odd cooking and i didnt cook anything but fish :)

noob,maximu160490.gif

maximu160490.gif

With a so large update from jagex, having such an impact on all users, why have to dig around the forums to a tip.it times?

Edit:

This week's Tip.It Times has been released. Feel free to discuss the article or post any comments. If you have any criticism, please make sure it's constructive! :D

Cooking: A Skill of its Own

The Editor

There are few people around who still remember when cooking meant more than just using a fish on the nearest fire or range. Players would spend their evenings baking loaves of bread, cooking a pie to perfection or fermenting their wine...

Click here to read the rest of this article.

Why in your quote says "The Editor" when in the article says "DragnFly" ?

sigqp2bw9.gifIceBlackIce.gif

*** [ END ]: You gained 1,671,000 thieving exp in 9mins 44secs. That's 10,300,684 exp/h.

Dragon Drops - 1 Skirt

Good article.

Call the new skill "Baking"

Add the new guild, call it the "Baking guild" with the requirement of at least 45-50 in the skill to get in.

Add a new landscape feature called the cooking oven. (Can be part of some of the stoves/ranges, but not necessarily. Without proper equipment, you generally can't use a camp fire to bake.)

Add in an assortment of new dishes, cakes, pies, etc. Here are some ideas:

Low level:

Baked chicken

Peach, blueberry, cherry pies

Medium level:

Cheese cake

Peach, cherry, apple, blueberry cobblers

Pineapple upside down cake

Chicken pot-pie

High level:

Fudge

Torts

3-layer cakes (with icing)

Wedding cakes

I could do more. I like the idea.

- Sligo

MySig.jpg

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but, I am not sure you realize tht what you heard is not what I meant.

actualy i realy think it's great idea. we should have "baking" skill and maybye even some baking related items- like special iron pots for boiling, and specials sticks for bread (actualy i think it shiuld be many types of breads and they should heal more).....

The clock is ticking, and your time is running out, mortals.

I don't want a new cooking skill, I never use the crap food which takes ages to make.

Edit: I already hate training farming a bit for some quests, now it would really be anoying if I have to train a lame baking skill to for new quests. Cooking was lame and useless, Jagex did a great job making it usefull by introducing fishing.

With a so large update from jagex, having such an impact on all users, why have to dig around the forums to a tip.it times?

Just because there's been a large update, that doesn't mean that our Editor is ready with his/her article. Please give the poor soul a break.

Why in your quote says "The Editor" when in the article says "DragnFly" ?

Because sometimes mere humans like us make mistakes. It's been fixed, thanks for pointing it out.

I don't want a new cooking skill, I never use the crap food which takes ages to make.

Yeah... SURE! but it's fun to make. Wouldn't you rather eat pie than fish? I mean... wiht all the gnome foods, when i get members, i won't be able to contain myself and i'll fight with all those foods instead. Also, it might help NOT to introduce fish like monkfish that heal the highest amount of any food... i think... Because it will make people gor for fishing even more. Jagex should make current food harder to make, put seasoning in or something, and then make it heal more, taking some emphasis off fishing.

vivi.jpg

Which FF Character Are You?

"The only tyrant i accept in this world is the still voice within." - Mahatma Gandhi

newscapere4.gif

Nice to see DragonFly's thread got turned into a Tip.it Times :D

Actually, DragnFly submitted it to us directly as a Tip.It Times Article submission. We didn't go digging in the forums for something to use.

Nice to see DragonFly's thread got turned into a Tip.it Times :D

Actually, DragnFly submitted it to us directly as a Tip.It Times Article submission. We didn't go digging in the forums for something to use.

See? Anyone can get an article published. So those of you who love to criticize and complain about the weekly articles, you have no excuse. So! Step up to the plate. Put your pen to the page and submit!

But remember, only one article gets published each week, so if our poor editor has five hundred articles to choose from, you know he's only going to pick the best ones.

This tells me I should write up my artistry skill idea as an article and submit it it as well. Why not?

- Sligo

MySig.jpg

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but, I am not sure you realize tht what you heard is not what I meant.

I thinks its a great idea, a baking skill with everything on it. Like Sligo said, a cooking oven and dishes. Also maby something like a bakery(same as the brewing place) where you do what you do in a bakery :D. Just remove the cooking items from the normal cooking skill and add them to the baking skill. Also you can do a combination of the two skills like a fish pie where you first have to cook fish(or other meat) and then add them in a pie or cake. Maby even a book of cooking, wich you can wear like a gods book and wich allows you to bake special pies and cakes that restore specific stats. Also let the apron and chefs hat give somekind of bonus to your baking, like armour does to your defence and attack. Maby i can think of anything else but not now.

i THINK THAT THE GUILD NEEDS TO BE UPDATED AS WELL. MAYBY HAVE A SPECIAL RANGE WHERE FOOD NEVER BURNS? iT MIGHT ATTRACT MORE PLAYERS. aLSO A CHALLLENGE IS THE BEST PART OF A GUILD. I WOULD SAY U HAD TO BE AT LEAST LV 50 COOKING TO JOIN!

Just my though thooo.

N_odie 8-)

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

I think your right, they should make a new guild, keep the old one, but make a new member skill... u have made me think, im relly neglecting my cooking skill :oops: , i should go train it...

woo nice, weekly, thingy, um.... yea, good one! :thumbsup:

LiFE-1.jpg

i agree with drgnfly a new skill would be great and a expansion would be great 4 the cooking guild. i would like a cow and wheat close by. it is a f2p guild so lvl 32 cooking is good for that but i think there should be a members area to it that you neede 50-60 cooking/baking to go in, some were were the were knif and bucket respawns along with some other things to make high lvl foods. drgnfly said some stuff abought catherby and the fishing guild, i disagre with him there. i like the fishing skill but pepole shouldent absuse it. -.- fishing isent that new anymore any most most pepole under lvl 35 only cook fish (expect the bread on tutorial island)! cooking should be the same as it was 5yrs ago-or should i say "baking" i would luv that! :P i like baking its alwise some thing new and like sum1 said the should be fude and diffferent kinds of bread! and a new level would really help to get more pepole baking my friend is alwise asking me for fish, i say "why don't you want cakes or pies for a change" he sais fish is eiser and faster, well yes but is a lobster beter then a summer or wild pie? nooooo. and fish only heal health but pies restote health and energy and thewild pie restores herblore(no clue why tho)

ps... sum 1 said all skills has some thing in common with another 1. not true mote do but not farming and construction.

FRONTPAGE.png

{DeviantART}{Last.Fm}{Join Sublime GFX, great community for artists!}

Back to RuneScape, Again.Avatar by Brian The Great

ive gotta say i disagree about other foods being irrelevent due to fishing

i much prefer to make other foods because of the fact that you can make food that heals more hit points even with a lower cooking level and witohut the problem of burning food

for example a shark heals 20 and needs 80 cooking and is often burnt at that level, whereas currys heal only 1 less than sharks but can be cooked 20 cooking levels earlier and offers 70 more cooking xp.

and tuna and sweetcorn potatoes heal 22 and can be made at 68 cooking with a whopping 309.5 cooking xp

and these things have been made much easier with the addition of the culinromancers chets particuarly in getting spices.

eddmitch89.gif