Tip.It Times Presents: Buying and Selling

pokemama

This week's Tip.It Times has been released. Feel free to discuss the article constructively.

Buying and Selling

By: Scaredy-Cat

Tip.It would like to introduce you to the Scaredy-Cat of Runescape. This is a diary of the SC's adventures along the journey from noob to experienced player. We hope you enjoy it.

Buying ...

I'm the scaredy-cat of Runescape. Knees aquiver at monsters, pkers, buyers, sellers, trolls, spiders, expert players ... the list goes on. {Rolling Eyes}

Yesterday a friend told me to go buy 3K rune essence and he would do something for me. Shiver me timbers! Buy 3K rune essence? Heck no. What say I go flay the skin off 500 sheep for you and you go buy me 3k rune essence. Done deal.

Click here to read the full article.

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was hoping that with LTTE 3 times a week the times would have some good in depth articles. it could be that my dislike for story posts is making me not see the article for what it is to it but hey :P not my cup of tea

\' 1st post :-w

dante_14.png

~1733rd person to 99 fishing. Achived on april fools day 07 :)~

It was a nice read :). Nothing more, nothing less ^^ Good job!

I know what I know and what I know might well not be what you want to know but then seeing as only I know what I know and you do not know what I know then you will not know if what I know is what you would like to know

A very good read. I was blessed thankfully with the fact a friend introduced me to this game, so him and his sister would tell me how to sell, and play the game etc. so the experience was more exciting than it was daunting. I can imagine that for new players, the experience can be quite the opposite though, and sadly, the RS community in general doesn't particularly warm to people asking perfectly innocent questions. This article kinda makes me feel sorry for 'em. :(

A good article though. =D>

Hehe ..and i thought i was neurotic.

Fun read. I remember the time i first saw a bank note. Thought the guy would try to scam me somehow.

To me trading is one of the most fun aspects of rs. I don't know too many MMOGs, but there's hardly an economy so fun to ride as the one here.

Nice article. Kind of funny. Reminds me of when I first learned about bank

notes, back before the rune essence split, I mined rune ess for money.

One of the first buyers was nice enough to tell me about noting. Lucky for

me I didn't have to go through all that. :wink:

3zh5ap4.jpg

Early to bed and early to rise makes a man sleepy and blind in the eyes.

Carai an Caldazar! Carai an Ellisande! Al Ellisande!

If it's the thought that counts, why aren't humans innately telepathic?

There's really nothing wrong with the article, but I was wondering...is the Editor on some kind of long drawn-out holiday? We haven't seen an Editor-authored piece since early June! I miss the witty, intelligent, well thought-out articles published by the one and only Editor.

Please bring the Editor back!

Also, I find it funny that articles were published two days in a row...I didn't see the first one until someone pointed it out.

P.S. How come the Tip.It Times topic's been moved to this board? The General Discussion Board is the better place, IMO. Many MANY more people use that board, and the discussion topic on that board alerts forum users to the new Times being published. If you leave it here, you won't get the traffic you normally get. Just my opinion.

Remember, the SEARCH button is your friend. Use it!

Ok, my main concern with this article is the use of God's name, it shouln't be capitilized unless your talking about the real god(as in what or who you think is the real god) :| so,using it with a capital G ,when talking about a game is basicly dishonring him/w/e you think of him as. :shame: ,also... yes trading in worlds 1,2 can be scary, but it doesnt need an article written on it! and neither does your 1st experience trading coal.... :? #-o :wall: ....so i say you start praying God for forgiveness :pray: and please, make a thread on your adventures, not an article =P

Will get a new Siggy, if I get around to it[/size]

Tekilla, you're right about the god/God thing. But I don't think this was a truthfully based article ;). It's merely a fun read, that gives a different view on things. Not everyone knows everything we know, it wouldn't hurt to realise that once in a while. I think that's the message behind Scaredy-Cat's adventures, and I think that's a great way to go in against the sudden criticism directed towards the so called LeetSpeaking Immature 5 year old noob population.

I know what I know and what I know might well not be what you want to know but then seeing as only I know what I know and you do not know what I know then you will not know if what I know is what you would like to know

Was there any reason why articals where put up two days running? I nealy missed the other one :cry: .

Not a bad artical though, I would have though it could have done with a summing up passage though as it did not actually end up making a point.

I agree with Kiara You may lose alot of trafic by keeping it here.... although..... it's great if you are trying to push traffic in this forum more! Might do the trick.

sig2webzx7.jpg

Was there any reason why articals where put up two days running? I nealy missed the other one :cry: .

Not a bad artical though, I would have though it could have done with a summing up passage though as it did not actually end up making a point.

I agree with Kiara You may lose alot of trafic by keeping it here.... although..... it's great if you are trying to push traffic in this forum more! Might do the trick.

Well, maybe I'm speaking a bit out of line here, but we've given the community an opportunity to voice their opinions about site features (the two polls about the maps a couple of weeks ago), and the response we received was, to be personally honest, disappointing in terms of how much apathy we received. So I doubt this is anything to do with directing people to this board, even though we really could use with more input. We're Crewbies, but we're only human, and we can't read your minds! :wink:

Also, Kiara, I agree. I'm wondering where this Editor is too. I've not heard anything about him/her for three months or so now... :(

wtf :shock: :shock: :shock: , can tip.it get any worse? I really liked the Editor's articles, cause they put a well-thought-out statement, explained things or gave new information. Especially the economy-articles were a revelation to me. I also liked the humor and the good use of language. And most of all, the articles were a good read to anyone, from low- to high lvl players.

Reading this is totally the world upside down. Could I care less about someone's first contact with the rs economy? There exists some very nice beginner's guides as far as I know. One is in the Knowledge base on the RS main site, and the other one can of course be found at the tip.it website. Let this Scaredy Cat read that first, before writing such an article...

I must say that I am a high-lvl player, and really dislike beginning players, or as what most people call em, noobs... Trying to scam, keep begging me for stuff, asking directions to the bank that is a few feet away, or keep asking me 'wc lvls plz' and when I dont respond am immediately called an autoer. Let these people first get a map, stop scamming, make their own money and read about 'putting public chat to off'. And most of all, when you're new, read about what you don't know, or visit the new town criers.

Please tip.it, you've done a great job the past few years, making nice guides, good maps, extensive databases and very useful tools. But don't post such articles anymore. I think most tip.it users, including me, are beyond the stage of noobness and more like all the other things there are to offer. I cant wait to see a new Editor's article...

halloaap0.png

I think personal attacks are a bit uncalled for.... Misplaced is doing a good job from where I am standing.

I belive the changes to tip.it times was a result of real world commitments form the editor.... you must remember he is a real person and if his commitments here are causing difficulties in real life tip.it should always come second. Harsh fact of life.

The artical posted yesterday (a bit close together for my liking) was much more of a normal tip.it artical.

sig2webzx7.jpg

Some little game features it can take ages to notice!

I was an embarsingly high level when I finnaly worked out how the buttons at the bottom of the agem window worked/are used for.

(private chat, public chat, trade etc)

sig2webzx7.jpg

Some little game features it can take ages to notice!

I was an embarsingly high level when I finnaly worked out how the buttons at the bottom of the agem window worked/are used for.

(private chat, public chat, trade etc)

I still have no idea to this day what the "Accept Aid" tool is for, apart from lunars, teleothers, butterflies and bandages in CW. Only one of which existed towards the beginning of the game, so... what is it actually for?