Everything posted by Cheefoo
-
my face droops when rs crosses my mind. Help.
Stop playing. Don't play if you aren't having fun. Don't force yourself to log in, just don't play the damn game. Simple. As. That. That's what I do, I just don't FORCE myself to play, I only play when I'm having fun.
-
Post all RS Screenshots, Videos, and Sounds here!
With that split screen setup, there's so much more room for activities!
-
Something in the middle of the Wilderness Volcano
Wrong. We explicitly know Guthix stopped the Godwars using the power of the Stone of Jas, which he slammed into the ground which created the impression of the stone know as the Fist of Guthix. Then he went to hide the Stone in the cave from WGS under Lumbridge and on his way out stopped to weep which created the Tears of Guthix. Not true. During a cutscene in ROTM, you see Saradomin drawing power from the Stone of Jas to heal Commander Zilyana. You can see that the place the stone is in looks an awful lot like the Fist of Guthix cave. That was where the stone was located during the God Wars. Berenice still has a point, we're not entirely sure how Guthix stopped the wars. I think the giant sword sticking out of the ground is somehow related. It supposedly says "BEHAVE" on it - a fitting message from Guthix to the warring gods.
-
Post all RS Screenshots, Videos, and Sounds here!
My Flexing level is 99. 60k away from 99 Constitution. I'll get it when I'm good and ready...
-
06-Dec-2011 Loyalty Programme - Batch 3
According to RSWiki (the good one) the wings only restore 3% of your max prayer points every 500 prayer xp you gain. So for example, I would get 25 prayer points (at level 85 prayer) every 7 dragon kills. That's like 3.5 points per dragon. And that's assuming you'd rather bonecrush dragon bones instead of collect them. Don't remind me that most monsters drop lower level bones... Doesn't seem very good, or at least at tier 1.
-
void & salve
I never thought about this before, but... would fully void + salve (e) be better than a slayer helm on task? Assuming whatever you're fighting is undead of course.
-
06-Dec-2011 Loyalty Programme - Batch 3
Hey, does anyone know if you keep the T1 version when you buy a T2 of an aura? Like say I had salvation T1 and bought salvation T2, could I use both seperately? Or does T2 replace the T1?
-
06-Dec-2011 Loyalty Programme - Batch 3
Toolbelt, moneybags, 30 bank spaces and loyalty rewards all in one update?! OOOOH YEAHHHH!
-
Fasest Jack of Trades time?
Here's what I do: -Teleport to Varrock -Kill a guard on controlled (4 skills) -Bury his bones -Chop 2 logs -Fletch one -Burn the other -Either clean an herb, or "craft" a wood notch from my Dwarven Army Axe if I got one Tomorrow I'll time it and see how fast I can go!
-
Oh cool a new item. How long till it degrades?
Well no. The only case where this actually works in terms of buying and selling if the ancient pvp weapons, as they physically vanish from the game. Dharok's platebody was at one time very rare and valuable, but over time more and more have come into the game and everytime one degrades, that money disappears for the repair, but the overall price is still crashing as more are coming into the game. I said that you would sell the item at a later date for a loss because more will be in the game by then. The greater supply and smaller demand will result in the overall cost being reduced, especially if another similar or superiour item is released in that time. Now that this item is cheaper the repair should be cheaper, but no, it's the exact same as it ever was and ever will be, no matter the intial cost. Just look at torag's helm. You can use that item for 20 hours before you've spent on repairs the price you initially paid for the actual item. That's not right. Static degrade costs only make sense if the game stops being updated and is 'finished'. Otherwise these prices should be expected to change with the flow of items, and become a nice cheap secondary option to whatever thing takes it's place as the best item. Buying and selling items is how the world works. If i buy and sell a car 5 years later does that mean i borrowed that car for 5 years? No, of course not. It was my property and i got paid money for it after i was done with it, probably making a huge loss. If i had that car for 5 years and paid 5% of it's cost a month while it's in my possession, then i was borrowing it. (Cars are a bad example lol. By this i do not mean insurance and MOT, which are totally different things.) However, the flakes from the new armor function just like PvP equipment: they dissapear forever. I get what you're saying about the Dharok platebody, the item always stays in the game, the only thing leaving the economy is the money for the repairs. However, I'm not sure what you're getting at with the Torag helm. I think they should really introduce some non-degradable untradable items in the future... Making them untradable could lessen the impact on the economy perhaps. I'm really getting sick of this degrading crap myself, but it seems kinda necessary to keep market from going to shit at this point. Here another idea! Seeing as items never dissapear due to death anymore, thanks to gravestones, there should be "high risk" areas! Maybe if you die in these place, all your items you drop (except the ~3 you keep normally of course) just dissapear! Then the economy is all fixed again! Woohoo! Oh, and there have to be dragons in these high risk areas. P.S. That car analogy sucked. Just saiyan.
-
28-Nov-11 Polypore Dungeon
Exactly what I'm thinking. If anything, the price will drop next week when the armor durability gets boosted.
-
200M in all Skills
overbearing Runescape "paparazzi" + suboptimal negative 10 magic attack bonus shield = trolling crazed highscore fanatics + noob vine whip = more trolling creepy efficiency stalkers + mage slaying without robes = even more trolling Green098 slays 2% less efficiently but is 175% more effective at making everyone mad without uttering a word. Worth it.
-
Oh cool a new item. How long till it degrades?
Degrading items kinda makes sense. Your first example was to buy an item for 20m, sell it after using for 17m. In fact, it's very possible you could sell it for a profit after using it. That seems a little strange to me. Strange, as in economy ruining sorta strange. Being able to just buy an item and trade it back when you're done with it for a profit a good economy does not make. You might as well be borrowing the item, not purchasing it. This is exactly why whips are absolutely dirt cheap. "400k for a drop that rare?" Yeah, well every time one drops, the price deflates; too many whips coming in and no whips going out equates to dirt cheap whips. Now with items that degrade, you can't just "borrow" an item for an indefinite period of time, you actually have to pay upkeep for the item's advantages. Some items that need to be repaired (Barrows, Nex) work to drain cash out of the economy. Items that disintegrate are always going to be expensive, because they take themselves out of the economy - y'know like a consumable resource? Now the monsters (or whatever it is that) drops them are always enticing to hunt due to the constant demand for new gear. In lemons terms: because economies said so.
-
25-Nov-2011 Quick Poll: RuneFest 2012 Location
But then we get back to the point of domestic vs international travel meaning US has 5:1 population over the UK so does it really show a fair result if America wins on mere population numerics, where as if you weight it etc interest % could be higher for uk. It's not only the UK voting for London, but most likely the majority of players in all of Europe. Someone pointed out earlier that Europe has over twice the population of the USA, so wouldn't that show much more interest for taking RuneFest abroad next time? A LOT of Europeans don't even speak English (or the other languages Runescape is available in), so population counts are mostly irrelevant. It's pretty obvious it's going to be in the USA after seeing the poll. Though it still irks me when people are making up crazy reason London is more "deserving" or Runefest. UK had it twice, give us Americans a chance, okay? inb4 umpteen more pages of "Jagex is a British company - keep RF in the UK"
-
Post all RS Screenshots, Videos, and Sounds here!
0 tokens? XP was still counting up, I assume. Caught the screenshot in the middle.
-
28-Nov-11 Polypore Dungeon
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by that...
-
28-Nov-11 Polypore Dungeon
Nerf? All they're doing is dropping the slash bonus I thought?
-
25-Nov-2011 Quick Poll: RuneFest 2012 Location
USA: 309M inhabitants (2010) Europe: 850M (2009) Surely Europe players all together beat USA? That isn't mentioning the huge amount of Europeans that don't speak English or the other languages that Runescape is available in. After a certain point, the location is irrelevant weather it be in London or America, it's still implausable for some to travel to either. By the way, 3/4 of the poll options are in the USA. Is Jagex hinting at something?
-
25-Nov-2011 Quick Poll: RuneFest 2012 Location
The US is bad enough. Why would anyone want to fly 40 hours to go from one small, dinky island to one giant, dinky island? :P You call us "dinky" when the funniest part is... we may be a smaller country but, we're an older and maturer country. We created the things your country is founded upon. British game's convention = Britain, dont care where, they should have had more options for it... but london will do if it has to be there again! You lost me at "maturer"... Besides, they were calling both islands dinky. It's a joke. Just like the typical nationalist, starting an argument about your country where there wasn't one in the first place.
-
25-Nov-2011 Quick Poll: RuneFest 2012 Location
It's not a hassle for Brits only, I'm guessing the Europeans would prefer the UK too due to costs as well. You must realise a lot of the Runescape playerbase is from USA. I don't need solid numbers to know that, because having Runefest in UK 3 times in a row, and not once in the USA is excluding a good number of players regardless. Seeing as 3/4 of the poll options are locations in America, I think Jagex is already pretty much planning on bringing Runefest to the States.
-
25-Nov-2011 Quick Poll: RuneFest 2012 Location
Uggh, don't be selfish, British players! You already had it twice in a row, give us 'Murrikans a chance! U-S-A! U-S-A!
-
Post all RS Screenshots, Videos, and Sounds here!
Ha! I guess he doesn't pick his victimes very carefully. I trust you muted+reported him, right?
- Currency tab?
-
22-Nov-2011 - RuneScape Revolution v3 & Anti-Gold Farming Measures V2
Did you run an extensive survey about the F2P community's hatred towards the new updates? No? Then you have no facts either, my friend. I'm still not sure why people are saying "F2P is dying!" Is this about that whole highscores thing?
-
22-Nov-2011 - RuneScape Revolution v3 & Anti-Gold Farming Measures V2
I love the new interfaces, but hate the new website. It's pretty, but not very functional; it seems rather confusing to navigate.