Everything posted by Cheefoo
-
Future Update Discussions
Oh man, let's see if we can name them all... Delrith Elvarg Solus Dellagar Culinaromancer The Draugen Tarn Razorlor Vanstrom Klause The Kendal Tumeken's Shadow Melzar the Mad (I think there's some sort of HAM member stuck inside Solus) Treus Dayth Did I miss any?
-
posting screenshots
Save your pictures as "PNG" for higher quality. Also, I personally reccomend using Tinypic to upload as it doesn't automatically add links to your images.
-
Need someone to help me get a screenshot
Best I could get, sorry I didn't have the wand or book.
-
Loyalty Points Glitch - Nov 21
I'm sure they could just remove all the loyalty rewards gained erroniously. Or, as punishment, remove all of their loyalty rewards. But I really don't think this constitutes a permanent ban, maybe a temp one at most.
-
Jagex Is Not Done Yet With Its Anti-Bot Efforts
I cbf about highscores. I care what my levels are. I think it'd be good if all skills were able to get at least 100k exp/h at higher levels tho. Tbh, I think RC should get you exp per rune CRATED, not essence used. Tbh, I the RC fix could be purely adjusting numbers. The problem with RC is there is virtually no increase in exp as you level up. I find it's actually the fastest skill to train up till, like, level 15 lol. Well, runecrafting does speed up at higher levels in increments. Crafting bloods is faster xp than crafting mind runes for example. Though I agree, it would be nice if the xp was based on a per rune calculation rather than a per essence one. I was thinking, maybe you can get "bonus" runes that are untradable depending on your runecrafting level. So you could actually use runecrafting to supplement your spellcasting rune suppy in an efficient manner. As it is now, you'd be better of buying the runes in lieu of crafting them for cost efficiency's sake. You know what skill really never changes in xp rate as you level it up? PRAYER. Nobody seems to mind that prayer can be trained just as fast at level 1 as you can at level 99. It's expensive as hell though (at least for the average Scaper) but your prayer level has absolutely no effect on experience gained. I would like some kind of interesting monster with new mechanics (in some sort of minigame format perhaps) that gives prayer experience for defeating. After all, prayer is a combat skill; not just something you should be able to buy without ever needing to get in a fight and actually use it for what its meant.
-
Wow.
Oh please... Take this to the rants forum at least. I doubt you'd get much real discussion there either, to be frank.
-
Jagex Is Not Done Yet With Its Anti-Bot Efforts
You know what would be great? If there was a big update that reduced grinding. Faster xp and more enjoyable training methods, BUT your highscores before the update would be "saved" so you can always see your achievements before this big change. Additionally, any skillcapes you had prior would be "extra trimmed" or something to show you got them the hard way. This way people won't whine about it devaluing their achievements as much. Of course, I don't think Jagex is going to make any huge changes with the rate of xp gained, maybe just add somewhat faster training methods and more D&Ds, minigames and others that make grinding less painful. Though I would really like some big changes to skill training, combat and the grinding nature of the game in general.
-
25-Oct-2011 - Bot-Nuking Day: Making RuneScape Fairer and More Fun!
If there's any post that showcases Blyaunte's famebating troll nature better, I can't find it. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: It's a justice sort of thing. It think it would be a little off if these botters could just walk away with all their accounts in tact. But frankly, I'm perfectly fine with it as long as their bots never work again. Others, however, want botters to pay in blood; such blood being that of some dummy accounts that the botters never really cared about anyway.
-
25-Oct-2011 - Bot-Nuking Day: Making RuneScape Fairer and More Fun!
Of course the bot coders aren't going to act panicked. They just put on their poker face and hope nobody realises their bot scripts are majorly boned.
-
Interview With Jagex: RuneFest Insider Sessions
Interesting stuff... Shame I can't attend Runefest myself. Someone better get some good videos! Oh, and there's talk about a big combat overhaul of sorts? Sounds really really cool.
-
25-Oct-2011 - Bot-Nuking Day: Making RuneScape Fairer and More Fun!
Yep. No bots. How about you look for yourself?
-
25-Oct-2011 - Bot-Nuking Day: Making RuneScape Fairer and More Fun!
What graphics "mode" are you on? I hear there are some bugs with DitectX mode. Try changing that setting around, they say OpenGL is your best bet.
-
25-Oct-2011 - Bot-Nuking Day: Making RuneScape Fairer and More Fun!
Lol wow, that's terrible Oh, and not entirely true. There weren't 200k player on before the update, and even so, there are still some (legitimate) players who can't log in afterwards. Probably some issues with the Java version update.
-
Will there be a crash tomorrow?
Ehhh, I don't know if I should be sharing my secrets about this... I've got a pretty big plan and if anyone else gets word, things might go crazy. I'd rather keep it to myself for everyone's sake. The entire Runescape economy could collapse. One word: cabbage.
-
2011 Golden Joystick Awards
New Vegas surprised me. Granted, I haven't played it, but wasn't it so buggy that it was unplayable? It looks like it was just the most mainstream of the options - The rest of the games look like they just have their specific niches, and those niches don't overlap with GJ voters :razz: I could be wrong though, as I said, I haven't played NV. New Vegas is garbaj. I seriously can't play it on my PC. Period. Sure, my specs aren't the greatest, but it crashes for no reason. I can play most recent games just fine, albeit at rather low settings, so New Vegas has no excuse. I play for about 15 minutes, everything seems fine - CRASH! I tried everything, asked everywhere, still no solution. Besides the enormous crashing issues they didn't really improve a whole lot over Fallout 3. Sure, they changed a good deal of stuff, but it felt more like an expansion pack than an entirely new game. Granted, I didn't get to play much, but it still felt empty like Fallout 3. Empty wasteland does not a good adventure game make. Now Skyrim, I have faith in. If only they waited a month, maybe that could've been voted in.
-
Post all RS Screenshots, Videos, and Sounds here!
Have fun being gang-banged by randoms for the next few days... or weeks. Yeah, happened to me. I said "I just want to leave" to the gravedigger random because I was sick of his sh**, but the game took offense to this and now I'm treated as a "suspected botter". Nothing explicitly said that, but I've been getting suspicious treatment from randoms ever since. A lot of random event harrasment to say the least. It was really bad for the next few days, I would get one what seemed like every hour or two. Even weeks later, I still think I'm under the effects. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but I think I'm still being hunted down by randoms! If you give me the option to "just leave", please add a warning that reads "You will be stalked by random events until the day you die - you botting scum!"
-
2011 Golden Joystick Awards
LoL seems pretty popular actually, so I wasn't surprised they got 1st. A lot of people at my college play it. World of Tanks on the other hand... [/hide] Popular as it may be, Den, the voting is really questionable considering the rewards offered if they won. It would be hugely different if Jagex had of offered a reward. not at all. runescapers were inclined already with an offered reward. Hurrrrrr... What reward? I agree with Newb, it would have been a huge difference if a reward was part of the formula. I would've bothered voting if I knew I would have gotten something out of it, honestly. But Jagex didn't bother bribing their players, just gave a few reminders to support them in the (entirely superficial) Golden Joystick Awards. Even without bribery, they still got in 3rd which is a pretty respectable place, all things considered.
-
2011 Golden Joystick Awards
Well said. In fact, if Jagex promised some sort of rewards to the players if they won the GJA, I probably would have bothered voting for them.
-
Jagex possible starting up selling in game items?
It's just membership I bet.
-
21-Oct-2011 - Bot-Busting and Bonuses For All
Don't just break the bots, BAN everyone who's botted! I don't want people to find their bot doesn't work and just walk away with their account and get off scott-free!
-
go green for halloween
I just want bright red skin, okay? I'd rather be a D-Man than a plant/zombie/irradiated mutant person any day. Oh, or blue skin, smurfs are pretty cool too. I was hoping wacky skin tones would be added to the game, but after seeing green skin is some promotional benefit, I'm not so sure about the rest...
-
2011 Golden Joystick Awards
World of Tanks? What even is that anyways? Oh, and to repost what I was saying in another thread: Exactly. Kinda sad to see how many spiteful nerds decided to vote against Runescape even though they never played any of the other games on the list. Way to be grateful for the thousands of hours of enjoyment you've gotten out of Runescape. Sure, Jagex has been puking out more marketing gimmicks as of late, but that's NORMAL. Any company that wants to make money does this. I bet most, if not all, of the other games in the "free play" category have some crap they pull to rake in a few extra dollars. In the end, it doesn't really matter anyway. Publicity is publicity. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to cancel my membership and go play some WORLD OF TANKS: THE SECOND BEST GAME EVER.
-
Jiblix and Ken Genosis Demodded Over Speaking Out
Exactly. Kinda sad to see how many spiteful nerds decided to vote against Runescape even though they never played any of the other games on the list. Way to be grateful for the thousands of hours of enjoyment you've gotten out of Runescape. Sure, Jagex has been puking out more marketing gimmicks as of late, but that's NORMAL. Any company that wants to make money does this. I bet most, if not all, of the other games in the "free play" category have some crap they pull to rake in a few extra dollars.
-
Frost dragons have a new attack (gf bots for a week or two)
Or perhaps Jagex could just randomly shift around the IDs of items randomly every few days?
-
Anyone hacked lately?
Incredible miracle cure to prevent all fake Runescape spam e-mails: Don't make your e-mail public, especially on any Runescape related forums.