Frost dragons have a new attack (gf bots for a week or two)

Powerfrog

Frost dragons have a new attack. They will make a glowy ball circle around them for 10-15 seconds and if you're attacking them when the ball reaches a certain part of it's revolution, you'll take anywhere from 1-300 damage with 100% accuracy no matter your defense or prayer.

Currently i think the best tactic is to simply step away and stop attacking the dragon if it has it's glow, even rangers take damage according to a guy i met there.

Theres also a bone pile in a corner of the dungeon you can't reach, as most bots function by a 'getNearestItemIDX', this may have bots standing in the corner for eternity trying to pick these bones up, until they fix it, of course

All this information is from a 10 minute trip, so feel free to correct and add onto this if you have the information. All i can say is that frost dragon bones and all other bones are going to SHOOT up in price, merchers, now is your chance.

CNqWHdA.jpg

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't expect this to last for long - it's not hard for a scripter to change a coordinate and add a variable.

Let's hope they do scripting/coding errors so it takes a long time then.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

What a stupid update...

Make the frost dragons like mithril dragons...

I can tell you why there aren't bots at the mithril dragons, IT ISN'T THAT PROFITABLE.

You have like a chance in hell of dropping a dhelm.

This won't stop any bots, maybe legitamate players, but not bots, because... THERE WERE NO BOTS JUST FRACKING GOLD FARMERS TO BEGIN WITH.

What a stupid approach to fixing a problem that isn't really there.

Paranoia FTW!

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

What a stupid update...

I can tell you why there aren't bots at the mithril dragons, IT ISN'T THAT PROFITABLE.

This won't stop any bots, maybe legitamate players, but not bots, because... THERE WERE NO BOTS JUST FRACKING GOLD FARMERS TO BEGIN WITH.

Paranoia FTW!

Why are you so mad?

There were 1000s of bots at frost dragons, there is no denying that. This update didn't kill bots. It NERFED frost dragons. And this was a much needed nerf, because they're so easy to kill and so profitable is why everyone botted them in the first place. Bots will be back, i'd bet my life on it, but they won't be as successful, and it won't be as crowded.

(Btw mithril dragons are awesome :P Easily 1m+ profit an hour, as well as epic effigies/elites/charms)

CNqWHdA.jpg

The coding will accommodate for this after a week or week and a half. After that, this will just be another inconvenience for players as their trips will be slightly shorter and more annoying. I sound like a hard skeptic, but that is to be expected from someone who stopped investing their faith into Jagex now, isn't it?

I am still interested in the results during this time though.

What a stupid update...

Paranoia FTW!

Yea, let's fix the problem by killing the profitability in Runescape one mob at a time.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

1) The ball of light only damages you if you attack the dragon.

2) Cannon attacks do not trigger the recoil.

3) It appears for about 5-10 seconds, not 15.

I don't see this reducing bots much at all, after all all you have to do is stop attacking every now and then, and you'll waste some cannonballs...

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I remember i went the extra mile to 85 Dungeoneering because Frost dragons awaited. A monster that weren't to tough with great profit.

Now there is no reason to go kill them because they have become stronger. Might as well go and Kill Nex , Corporeal or other bosses.

Way to fix bot problems lol.

Personally - I would have preferred it if they had introduced a variant in the setting in that area, that would capture bots and make them stand still -- then have someone there to scoop the bots as they failed to pass the variant. Then ban the bots.

<_<

nyuseg.png

There are already reports on a bot site that they should have this fixed within a day.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

I've heard there are like 10 instances of the frost cave per world. After the bots get the kinks worked out, there will be 10 times the previous supply of frost bones coming in :-|

I have not personally confirmed this.

Pfohlol.png

110704234418.png

^ I think so.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Now there is no reason to go kill them because they have become stronger. Might as well go and Kill Nex , Corporeal or other bosses.

A bit of hyperbole, don't you think?

Not even. I made more at Nex in a week than I would at frosts in a month, with way less of a headache and competition.

A bit of hyperbole, don't you think?

Not even. I made more at Nex in a week than I would at frosts in a month, with way less of a headache and competition.

That's because you're maxed in all of your combat skills. You shouldn't be doing Frosts at your level, that's completely intended.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Nex has much higher requirements. You basically need to be a 138 with ovls, chaotics and 50m+ worth of gear. Minimum. 95%-99.9% of people at frost dragons don't have those.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I've heard there are like 10 instances of the frost cave per world. After the bots get the kinks worked out, there will be 10 times the previous supply of frost bones coming in :-|

I have not personally confirmed this.

If this is true...

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Personally - I would have preferred it if they had introduced a variant in the setting in that area, that would capture bots and make them stand still -- then have someone there to scoop the bots as they failed to pass the variant. Then ban the bots.

<_<

Banning bots is a lost cause. Some people really need to realise that (to be quite honest i'm shocked that people havent already).

Ban a bot, 2 more are created tomorrow and ready for action within a week.

The only (realistic) option Jagex has (aside from assigning people to popular bot-hotspots all over the game and resetting them as they pass. This would however be a waste of manpower) is to do what they have done to Frosts. Make it harder/less profitable for bots while not causing any trouble for legit players. Yes, Frosts might not have changed much (or will be back to normal within a few days) but it's a start, and it shows potential. It's innovative thinking for sure. Give some time and they'll be able to learn from their mistakes and improve. I'm not seeing RS botfree for a long time to come, but bots might become less of an issue and less damaging to the economy in the near future, which is exciting.

Noxxx, frosts have changed a LOT. You can no longer afk in your void/handcannon while the cannon lures dragons - you will die inside a minute. The kill rate has been reduced a lot as well. Overall, they have become both less efficient to do, as well as requiring farm more attention. While I'm a fan of things that require attention, frosts were never meant to be a high-attention thing (or at least, they were never considered that).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted