Everything posted by Cheefoo
-
"Clan Chat"?
I don't see why you'd want to do that. You can control more than one clan chat at a time, practically. Just make one of your own, and on another account, give your other account power to kick in its chat. I don't see why you don't want to have one person own it. I thought leaders were for the good of dictatorship and inflated egos? Why make clan chats shared? Seriously though, the clan chat should be controlled by one person. The only good of it is ranks, thus lootshare, coinshare, and kicking. If you give permission to other people to mess with the ranks, they could mess around while you're not there. If the owner of the clan chat is abusing their (oh so immense and intimidating) power and kicking and deranking people, go to a new clan chat. Allowing access to the controls of someone else's clan chat would be a lot of programming with not much reward, and potential confusion.
-
Total play time...
non gamers could also spend that time mastering a musical instrument or socialising more or studying harder for exams and tests, that would have a far greater impact in their future lives than playing a game. The truth... It buuurnsssss... GYAAAGH! I could have been making claymation with all those hours... lots and lots of claymation...
-
Grasping the game..
If you want to change the subject of your thread, please change the original post. Not everyone is going to spend their time looking at every post in minute detail, they just want to post... ;)
-
Dragon Claws
Then there will be only a few claws in existance... What I was trying to say is the rarity of them, not how to get them. I was just stating how they were obtained. You get them from level 454's as a drop that's twice as rare as an Armadyl hilt (from what I hear), and you need to beat just about all the quests to get to them. Come on, read closely already... #-o Still, plenty of people are walking around with them though. And the day you meet one you are most likely dead :| But where did they get the claws? Buy from someone? Maybe, but the claws came from the demons. Okay, do you get it? Claws don't just appear when you try and buy them. #-o Oops, didn't notice I had two posts in a row. Amundogus likes to communicate through editing his old posts... Thought he actually made another post. My point is they are overpowered. Doesn't really matter how rare they are. Then why on earth did you start this whole thing?
-
The messed up combat... shape...?
It's part of a combo: Holy Lord Saradomin... I've heard of "ice blitz combos" but I wouldn't expect another magical spell to be cast within that time! Does anyone know the cast times of any other spells? There could be even greater combos out there, potentially with three hits. This needs further ivestigation.
-
Total play time...
If you could see your total play time, would you? What do you think the number would be? What would you have spent doing most? I wouldn't want to see mine, myself... But my playtime would be at least 1500+ hours. Wait, I thought about it... Probably more than that... I'm not even going to estimate, I'm too scared! *gasp* Hot topic? Hoorah!
-
Grasping the game..
Are you kidding me? Every few times you log in when you're a new player, you're told to go to the Knowledge Base. If they "don't care", screw them! Why would they care about your tutorials? If they read every ingame message, they'd know about the Knowledge Base. If we add more tutorials, the game becomes boring, and has no sense of adventure. Once again, why would they like the tutorial to be ingame? The Knowledge Base is there for a reason! It saves Jagex the time of programming a tutorial for every damn thing you want to do! It also save the atmosphere of the game, adventurous and dangerous. They already messed with it with the warning system. Don't make them force tutorials on everything!
-
Noobs say the funniest things!
[hide=written out version]One day, I was mining pure essence, then this guy started asking where to get a santa hat. I said that you have to buy one. He wanted to know where else to get them, but I said you can only get them from players, they're discontinued. He asked what "discontinued" meant, and I told him it means you can't get it anymore (besides trading). He asked over and over again, as he didn't understand what it meant still... After a while, he said "I'm only 8 years old," or something. Then he logged out... He logged back in and said something like, "Hey, this is noob123's father. I hear you've been picking on my son. I'm an ex police officer" I said, no I wasn't, he was just annoying me. Then he started threatening me that he was going to hunt me down in real life. He also said that he could ban me... I reported him for impersonating a moderator. After a while, he started laughing saying, "Hahaha, I'm not 8 or an old guy, you fell for it." I said, "Well, I still reported you..." He started freaking out like, "It was just a joke, man, I didn't mean it!" He went bipolar and said, "I could hack you whenever I want. *logs out* *logs in* Bam, done, just like that. Your accuont is mine. Then he says "I didn't mean it, I can't do that, let's be friends!"[/hide] I met this noob at the rune essence mine, M is me, N is the noob. N:Hey, where can I get santa hat? M:You can only buy them from players. N:Where else can I get? M:Only players, they're discontinued. N:What does discontinued mean? M:It means you can't get it anymore besides trading. N:What does it mean? *begins to spam that line over and over again* M:Please, stop annoying me already... I told you what it meant. *Noob has logged out* *Noob has logged in* N:This is Noob's father, I'm an ex-policeman. M:Okay, good for you. N:My son says you've been bothering him, is this true? M:No, he was just annoying me, and I told him to go away. N:You better not be lying, I can hunt you down any time I want. M:No, I'm not lying... N:I can ban you right now, punk. *reports for moderator impersination* M:No, you can't... N:Let me have a little talk with you... N:Are you straight? M:Did you just ask me if I'm youknowwhat?! N:That's it kid, I'm gonna hunt you down! M:Yeah, I invite you to, you old fart, bring it on! *silence* N:Haha, you really thought I was 8 and an old man? HAHAHA! M:No, I didn't... N:Yes you did, lol! M:You know I reported you... N:What?! WHAT DID YOU REPORT ME FOR?! M:I'm not telling you... N:I was just kidding! No, please! *more silence* N:I can hack you whenever I want. M:Yeah, I doubt that... N:Watch me... *Noob has logged out* *Noob has logged in* N:The second you log out, your account is mine. M:Somehow I doubt that. *even more silence* N:I'm sorry, I didn't mean it... ... N:Wanna be friends? *Cheefoo124 has logged out*
-
Grasping the game..
Use the Knowledge Base then. We don't need our hand held while they walk us through every single dangerous turn of the Godwars Dungeon. It's supposed to be dangerous. It would ruin the feel if some "Godwars Tutor" jumped out of nowhere, telling you all about every aspect of the dungeon. We want the option to figure things out ourselves! We have the option to plan ahead using the Knowledge Base already, don't go into the game and ruin it by babying everyone! This game used to be meant for 13+. By then, you could figure stuff out on your own. But after quickchat came out, we found out that the 13+ limit is for chatting, not the game itself. The game itself may be violent in some cases, but the tutorials and warning signs are aimed at the young kids, so they don't get frustrated. If some kid managed to get high enough level to even think about getting to the Godwars dungeon, he could figure it out himself. The tutorials should stay at the beginning of the game, where most younger kids will be. I never heard of someone 8 or so ever even beat dragon slayer. Once you reach a point, tutorials lose their purpose, and become nuisances. This game isn't for babies! We have brains, and with the recent Grandmaster quest, Jagex acknowledged that for once in a long time. No more tutorials and warnings, that takes the sense of adventure out of the game!
-
Dragon Claws
Then there will be only a few claws in existance... What I was trying to say is the rarity of them, not how to get them. I was just stating how they were obtained. You get them from level 454's as a drop that's twice as rare as an Armadyl hilt (from what I hear), and you need to beat just about all the quests to get to them. Come on, read closely already... #-o Still, plenty of people are walking around with them though. And the day you meet one you are most likely dead :| But where did they get the claws? Buy from someone? Maybe, but the claws came from the demons. Okay, do you get it? Claws don't just appear when you try and buy them. #-o Oops, didn't notice I had two posts in a row. Amundogus likes to communicate through editing his old posts... Thought he actually made another post.
-
Dragon Claws
Have you ever heard of supply and demand? You can't demand something that isn't in supply! That's why the claws are going up. Lots of people want them, but not many people are killing them. Ugh, if you have any influence on the market, this is why no one's killing them... They think dragon claws come out of thin air... #-o
-
Dragon Claws
Then there will be only a few claws in existance... What I was trying to say is the rarity of them, not how to get them. I was just stating how they were obtained. You get them from level 454's as a drop that's twice as rare as an Armadyl hilt (from what I hear), and you need to beat just about all the quests to get to them. Come on, read closely already... #-o
-
Lowest known level to have completed while guthix sleeps?
I used a safe spot, as I usually do. But what really threw me off was the fact that I was hitting so infrequently and low! You know why...? ... all my stats were reduced to 1... I teleported out, got restore potions, brought better stuff, then I owned him and the Tormented Demons. Personally, I think the fighting wasn't hard if you knew what to do. A level 85 surely could do this quest, it was the puzzles that were hard.
-
Dragon Claws
I never said you had to... Where did that come from? Were you even reading? I don't think he was, trying to boost his post count by posting random things ftl? :thumbdown: You don't need to hate me because we have different opinions you know. And Cheefoo, you said you had to every quest in the game for them. "I also hear that dragon claws are twice as rare as an Armadyl hilt, and it requires all quests beaten (in the future, most of them)." You might have ment that you needed every quest to get them as a drop, but that doesn't seem very relevant.... most people buy them. Edited the post, but was too late I guess. Do you have any idea what you're talking about?! The only way to obtain them is to get them as a drop! If no one gets them as a drop, no one can buy them! Gosh, I can't do this anymore... #-o What were you thinking...? :wall: I'm using lots of smileys in this post. Yay for me! :thumbsup:
-
The Protect 1 Item Prayer
Yeah, the whole market depends on people's stupidity with rares and the wilderness... I support. Though if it stacks with normal protect item, maybe not... We don't want too many items being held, then would could get 2 itemers! *gasp* Oh wait, it's not a new prayer, just an addition to the old one... Maybe make it a seperate prayer, so it requires a higher prayer level, as it's better. Of course, it still shouldn't stack with the normal one.
-
Conversation Character Picture Bug
<----- You can guess what that means.
-
Static cling and magnetism spells!
Here are two spells I've thought up to give magic a little more combat use. Magnetism: Requires level 80 magic: uses 5 earth, 1 cosmic, and 1 law If successful, the opponent cannot remove any metal based head, chest, or legs item for 20 seconds. Static Cling: Requires level 85 magic: uses 5 wind, 1 cosmic, and 1 law If successful, the opponent cannot remove and cloth/leather based head, chest, or legs item for 20 seconds. Available in the normal spellbook. This would temporarily prevent meleers to simply switch to dragonhide/Karils for a short period of time, so you can take advantage of their magic weakness. Static cling would then prevent them from changing back, in case you want to melee them. After one is successfully used, they have a much higher chance of resisting the effects. Hope you like my ideas.
-
Dragon Claws
I never said you had to... Where did that come from? Were you even reading? I don't think he was, trying to boost his post count by posting random things ftl? :thumbdown: Yeah, I hate when people do that. [/slighthypocrisy]
-
Dragon Claws
I never said you had to... Where did that come from? Were you even reading?
-
Dragon Claws
But why on Runescape do they care about the Grand Exchange price? With the junk trading black market (spooky woowoooo), people can mess with prices all they want. Sure, the junk isn't free, but if you're planning on selling, you better be prepared, or just wait for the GE price to go up. The GE price is going up very very fast, so its only a matter of time.
-
How To Make 60-70m
Green dragons in the Chaos Tunnels? It's like 400k+ an hour, last time I checked. Come on, you've got to pick something. You can't just get 60m easy, it's going to be hard. So get with it, and choose one. P.S. Chaos Tunnels green dragons were barely crowded if at all the times I went.
-
Dragon Claws
(it wasn't that bad of an arguement, btw.) People are complaining about this being overpowered because of it's price. If it was 30M+ trade price, no one would complain. It's because it's cheap. It's not all that accurate, but for the damage it can do it's a VERY dangerous weapon. I know if I was in Bount Hunter or some other place and had just pk'd something nice, I certainly wouldn't want to bump into someone with claws. That isn't how it works. If you want me to, I could upload a load of pics I have of the spec. Some of the hits are random, I'll agree with that. But others, follow the pattern that was posted previously. 100%-50%-25%-25% . Most of my pictures follow that pattern, although a small few of the numbers have been rounded off. By trade price, what do you mean? If you mean Grand Exchange, then yes, they're too low. However, no one sells on the GE unless they're dumb enough to use coinshare. If you mean market world-2esque junk trading black market kinda thing, I swore I saw people buying for more than 30mil. I also hear that dragon claws are twice as rare as an Armadyl hilt, and it requires all quests beaten (in the future, most of them). However, I'm sure that people have more trouble fighting Kree'ara than Tormented Demons... If you want to call something overpowered for its price, look at the dragon dagger. Going by your rules, it should have been "nerfed" years ago.
-
Noobody loves Noobs!
Dip s*** preteens is why I haven't been able to get to school in years. First, it started out with OCD, but after my idiot half-friend-hal-enemy found out, he started to think I was a [developmentally delayed]. He and his friends get together and go on Runescape just to insult me, it's really pathetic. I just ignore them now, but I don't even want to think about what those kind of people would be like in real life. I've heard rumors about me going around, so I'd be infamous if I went to the "normal school", so I'm not even going to bother with that. I'm going to a different school now (or at least trying to), but I still don't know how many [wagon] I'm going to run into. I have bad luck in everyone, especially with the people I meet. On the internet, it's really nothing. They don't know you, you don't know them, so they have no reason to say anything to you. If someone walked up to me in real life and started insulting me, I'd instantly aim for the groin. Too bad the internet hasn't evolved to that era yet, so just ignore those jerks. They're just trying to impress their friends by insulting someone online because they don't have the balls to do it in real life. Yet again, if they did, they'd lose theirs instantly if they were talking to me. Don't bother with them, walk away. They'll eventually give up, and figure that their whole "argument" is nothing more than pointless hate and false sense of superiority.
-
The time has (almost) come!
Hmmm, could the 150th quest be so big, it replaces a skill? Maybe, like others said before, it could unlock a skill! I think we should be looking forward to that... but when is it? Who knows? Only the Jagex Mods...
-
The messed up combat... shape...?
You know what type of spell I'd kill for? Magnetize and static. Magnetize would make the target's metal based armor be stuck on them for a certain time period (15-20 seconds I guess). Static would make their leather, hide, or cloth armor stuck to them for a certain time period. This way, if mage gets the jump on a meleer, they won't be able to simply switch to Karil's or something right away. The mage would be able to take advantage of their weakness to magic, temporarily pushing back melee's tip in the combat triangle. Static would work the same way, but be more useful for a meleer or ranger mixed with magic to cast it. Magic is the one set back the most if someone switches armor, so it should make sense that they can prevent that for a bit.