Everything posted by Bladewing
-
Whips are still 3.5m each, why?
slayer task for frost dragons(which you did mention)? :roll: And still, your accuracy will be noticeably lower while the max hit is barely higher(+10 or so str). I'm fairly sure there have been enough tests to show the difference aswell, otherwise people wouldn't be using the spears, and yes, the spear is great at dragons higher than blue. It's quite the same as spear vs. rapier at waterfiends, your max hit will be much higher, but the extra misses just kill you- spear wins at 27k vs 24k. And sorry for the spelling slip, though the point still remains the same. Thought I would include frost dragons as a possibility since they ARE rather low leveled. 85 stab, 75 strength on spear. 101 slash, 87 strength with whip. First, you will notice that the max hit of whip is 605 vs. 569 with spear. The second question is how resistant to slash the dragons are. This is your waterfiend argument, which are, aside from corp, the monster with the highest attack style specialization. For spear to have better output, it must be 6% more accurate than the whip. However, this is impossible to believe as you well know since whip hits well over 90% of the time on irons and steels. Metals are not invulnerable to non-stab attacks. They are slightly weaker to stab. "People use them, ergo it's the best" - people use DFS for slayer. I don't plan on debating this any further than you since you already explicitly stated your refusal to listen. -- Spear > whip without turmoil on steels
-
Whips are still 3.5m each, why?
Ah that would be on slayer tasks with overload and turmoil. Should have clarified that.
-
Post all RS Screenshots, Videos, and Sounds here!
Pretty sure he's being histrionic to get subs L
-
Whips are still 3.5m each, why?
And anyway, whip + defender was still better than a godsword in team bandos/zamorak/saradomin. BTW whip + defender > Z spear at all dragons except mithril and KBD, possibly frosts, but I mean if you have 85 dungeon you have rapier anyway.
-
Whips are still 3.5m each, why?
Ah, but back in those good ol' days, d chains were 25 mil and barrows was much more profitable :P Getting dragon chains and barrows equipment has become much easier (increasing supply), and these items are not risked nearly as often in PvP as abyssal whips (decreasing demand relative to whips).
-
Whips are still 3.5m each, why?
Average income is probably about triple what it was in 06, and max income is about triple as well, plus on top of that you can make large profits in the GE without spending any time.
-
Whips are still 3.5m each, why?
Whips are now consumed by deaths in PvP. In 2006, when a person died with a whip the other player got it as a drop. Now it just disappears. PS: 3.5m is easier to afford in today's runescape than 2.2m was in 2006. Therefore the whip's price, adjusted for inflation, is actually lower.
-
Lumbridge Castle Basement
It's [bleep]ing lumbridge. Of course there will be noobs there.
-
Choose & Purchase your slayer tasks.
What's the point in buying a random task?
-
Game Update Delay
I really hope you didn't mean that. Complaints about the game reflect badly on the GAME, not on the forum. L
-
NVM: I'M A RE RE
??? What did you do it didn't work for me. Tell me your secrets. EDIT: I tried again and WHAT THE [bleep] it works now. Here's a screenshot of the error I got before:
-
Really?
My only large complaints against them are their fanaticism against RWT that led them to make poor decisions that changed the game for the worse their stance against emergent gameplay complete lack of understanding of economics Other than that I think they make a pretty good game.
-
Really?
Quit. And if this is because of the delayed update, then I REALLY recommend quitting. There will be bigger let downs to come.
-
Runescape withdrawl symptoms?
Nor vice versa.
-
low risk bandos set up
Claws are not only for pking. They are the best special weapon for training and every melee boss except corp beast. D claws: 81k Longsword: 78k So you can have two items that alch for more than those. Fury is the only other item you'll be bringing that has a higher alch. You could bring a DFS or a better shield too, and those would be your four items. Try: V helm Fire cape Fury CLS Obsidian shield / DFS+ Karil's top Verac's skirt Barrows gloves Dragon boots Dragonstone (i)
-
NVM: I'M A RE RE
It has not always been this way.
-
NVM: I'M A RE RE
You used to be able to use them, and I wanted to use them once more. Luckily I only bought one. If you don't believe me buy a sacred oil and a log from the GE, and use them on each other. It will say the oil is not fresh and you have to make your own.
-
NVM: I'M A RE RE
SOMEHOW IT WORKS NOW I AM A RE RE OR SOMETHING >_<
-
Runescape withdrawl symptoms?
...and extrapolating that every other person who plays runescape has the same problems he has. c.f. projection
-
Jagex is closing down botsites
Ye it'd be more likely that those who bought in GE after the crash en masse would be SELLING them for $, not buying.
-
Possible to get Promethium equipment from solo dungeoneering?
Just get someone to smith you one. Also 2h > spear since you can't use rings with spear.
-
The F2P General Discussion Thread
I think the cost and speed of F2P prayer and the much lower dungeoneering xp rates make up for the other 9 skills.
-
2 Questions
Mint cakes are commonly valued to be worth a little bit less (per mil) than addy p++ arrows and broodoo shields. They are somewhat stable junk. 1 million in addy p++ arrows is preferred to 1 million in mint cakes.
-
Runescape withdrawl symptoms?
That's not very nice of you.
-
Update deadlines
Solution: Discontinue BTS