Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Tip.It Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bladewing

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Bladewing

  1. It definitely USED to show solo GWD kills, as mine used to be clogged up with "I killed a Kree'ara". Here's a screenshot of one of my friend's logs:
  2. Yes, using unconventional methods- max strength gear d claws, veng that's obviously out of the question. In other words, it is a negative, the healers are like 'spinners' in Pest control. I killed Jad without killing the healers, i.e. outdamaging their heals. Granted I have 99 range with extreme potions, but if you have the stats I'd highly recommend it.
  3. Strange feeling that SS are gonna rise, gonan go buy arcane :) Spectral and Arcane are already rebounding, Elysian and Divine recently took a hit, not too sure they will rebound, though.
  4. I can't buy a green for purple + mints, but when I sell the purple for egg I can buy the green and sell all of the junk I get (with leftover mints)? I hate the discontinued market.
  5. Or you could just buy the cooked food from the grand exchange and sell the raws, giving you money. Cooking is NOT useful. Its the most useful cape trim you will get. Thats what hes asking for Herblore would be more useful, and that too would trim his cape.
  6. Inb4lock for showing Jagex messages. I think I would turn down modship too, to avoid the swarms of players creaming over your crown to the point where you can't play.
  7. Spectrals and Arcanes are now selling with 1-2 mints, so they're almost recovered. Eysian and Divine have taken a hit, and are not wanted anymore on the street. Not sure of their price, but it is still well above GE.
  8. Would Recover Special Potions be worth bringing?
  9. Or you could just buy the cooked food from the grand exchange and sell the raws, giving you money. Cooking is NOT useful.
  10. The profit from battlestaves comes from charging orbs, which is arguably magic rather than crafting. The only method you should bother with for profiting would be superglass make.
  11. Bladewing replied to Peas's topic in Help and Advice
    Mint cakes are actually rather rare, it takes about 90 minutes on average of gnome delivery (constantly delivering the banked food), at about 40-45 food an hour to get one of these mints. I have received 9 of these from the minigame and can say that they are rare indeed. NOT to be confused with discontinued. Use your mint cake to sell your junk. If you don't have any junk, buy something like bronze knives, a useful item you would use but cannot buy on the grand exchange.
  12. Definately not! It's stupid to invest in items that are obtainable. Ok there's luck involved to get it from quest, but the more high levels do clues every day, the more hats/boots will come in the game. I invest 43m for a red mask & 23.5m for a green mask and they've risen to +-60m (red) & +-40m (green) in three months time. Haloween mask raise and drop a bit but in the end they keep rising in value... I'd go for a blue mask and come back in a year... I bet it will have double in value... Buy halloweens now since they're crashing basically, so you can get for cheap. But ranger boots atm are a good investment - they're the best ranging boots (the next best is +5 range off), and demand continues to grow much faster than the supply since they're from level 2 clues. Very few people do level 2 scrolls, and people lose ranger boots at armadyl surprisingly often. Ranger boots have shown a steady climb. A few years ago they were 2m. Robins suck, do not buy these. Armadyl helmets are better, and god coifs are only +1 less range attack and only cost like 50k.
  13. I don't include those because there's no reason to cut logs, mine ores, and fish fish. You're better off mhing or something and buying them.
  14. Useful 99s: Attack Strength Defense Prayer (mostly til 95) Ranged Hitpoints Summoning Herblore (til 96) Agility (arguably) Magic (til 96) Runecrafting (til 91)
  15. How do these items hurt the economy?
  16. Cannoning in Taverly is the only worthwhile way to kill them unless you have 95+ summoning. Expect to use 1800-2400 cannonballs, depending on your task size, melee stats, and attention given.
  17. The math is correct, the drop rate assumptions may be incorrect, and I used only what another player said.
  18. Hmm that might be faster, since you don't have to run from the spirit tree to the grand tree... MUST RECONSIDER I'm trying to trade my mints to upgrade my purple. Other uses include buying bought-out items, selling crashing items, eating.
  19. inaftaemo Grats Donkey on visage, now get a second one like the cool kids. lolwat:
  20. It is NOT useful. It is NOT amazingly difficult to obtain it (about ninety minutes effort, all the while making at least 600k/hour profit without the mints) It is NOT a rare, as in the "discontinued" sense It is duct tape for the economy. The old currency of gold does not work well because of trade restrictions. Mint cakes function as a medium of exchange by being assigned an arbitrary value far greater than the grand exchange price. This allows items to trade freely at their equilibrium values. The problem with 10m gp is that 10m gp is not as useful to players as, say, 10m in herbs after a herblore update or 10m in dragon bones after a prayer update. Because the grand exchange sucks at updating prices, it takes too long for items to adjust to their true values, so in the mean time mint cakes allow these items to trade freely. Another example is partyhats. A blue partyhat is worth over one billion coins to a player, but he cannot pay what it's worth because the grand exchange doesn't adjust quickly enough. Items like mint cakes and "edible rares" which are arbitrarily assigned value allows for trading of these under-valued items. In short: Sick of "absurd price" of mint cakes? Thank trade limits and grand exchange limits.
  21. I'm not sure how you got them numbers but I calc an average of 1 sigil ever 189 kills and my binomial distribution numbers also get other numbers :P. With my 1:189 luck I get: If you kill 80 corps, there's a 34.6% chance to get a sigil 120 corps give 47% chance 189 corps give 63.3% 360 corps give 85.2% :) Probability of any sigil: (1/700 + 1/700 + 1/350 + 1/350) = 0.00857 Expected kills per drop: 1/0.00857 = 117 I simply rounded up to 120, to be conservative.
  22. You get your mints first, then buy the crashing items. Since they're crashing, you can get min instantly. Duh.
  23. If you use Kuradal, this is what I would do: Greater Demons Hellhounds Living Rock Creatures Warped Tortoises
  24. Well, let's assume bandos chestplates are crashing, and are trading at a street value of cash for mint + BCP. Consider this: You buy a mint from a RWT site. You buy a BCP for minimum, instantly on the grand exchange (-23.8m) You sell a BCP for med, with a mint (25.1m) You made a profit of 1.3m. If historical rates apply (adjusted for inflation), you would probably pay about 2.50 USD for 1m, or 3.25 USD for a mint. A gold farmer could gold farm about 800k an hour playing gnome restaurant one one account, and take the mints (about one every ninety minutes) to sell to more players. 800k + 866k = 1.66m per hour, or about $4 an hour, which is a lot better than what standard wages in developing nations are. I'd say the risk for mint RWTing is very likely, if it's not already ocurring.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.