Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Tip.It Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

issy2

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by issy2

  1. I prefer a pillow myself. :wink:
  2. Meh, I'm not so sure. Game is cool, right? I.e, even if it is only virtual reality, violence is pretty much considered a cool thing to do. (Yay! Let's go outside and punch someone for absolutely no reason except that I've been shown by popular decision of society that VIOLENCE IS COOL!)
  3. O please, be a little less naief, please! It's like this for over 3000 (!) years now! Who says it has to be that way? I'm no pacifist, but unnecessary violence annoys me. Understandably. I think he was trying to point out how you made it sound like violence being a part of entertainment is just happening now. Do you [bleep] and whine when a >PG movie comes out too? PG movies don't mimic scenes from recent wars, the effects of which are still being felt. And by the way, I'm not whining, I'm just angry and I think the advert itself was pretty disrespectful. But hey, seeing as no-one else cares, it's probably just me. Thanks, really smart comment. Maybe I will.
  4. They don't have to be the same to be equal. They can be balanced.
  5. O please, be a little less naief, please! It's like this for over 3000 (!) years now! Who says it has to be that way? I'm no pacifist, but unnecessary violence annoys me. Understandably. With my post I make 2 poinst; 1. It has been way worse before, so please don't wine. 2. Every second there are people dieing, and you're complaining about a computer game?? This particular game mimics violence. In it, you kill people. It's officially based on a WWII campaign. Not particularly respectful. And as for those people who die every second - too bad. It's life. We can do without promoting destruction via children's entertainment.
  6. O please, be a little less naief, please! It's like this for over 3000 (!) years now! Who says it has to be that way? I'm no pacifist, but unnecessary violence annoys me. Understandably.
  7. ? I feel very, very strongly about this. You're clearly not worried, fine, but from that last phrase you're also one of those people who refuse to stand up for what they believe in. Right, can we get back on topic now... no flaming... but we all know what the Off-Topic boards are like... :wink:
  8. World War II ruined so many people's lives. I don't care whether it's a game or not. To be honest with you I don't even care it's Rememberance Day today. I just think games like this are disgusting. Plus, it's actually officially based on WWII. It's a game where players cause suffering, even in virtual reality. It upset me, it upset my grandma. She has every right to be angry. Also - trees don't have feelings. Its not saying that at all. Its saying that They could lay off the advertising of war games, on remembrence day, in respect of the veterans. Though to be honest, I don't really care about Rememberance Day so much, just that these kind of games should be shown at all.
  9. Most of us men get angry and fight out of emotion right away. If you are gonna be sexist, get out. Everyone IS equal. No ifs or buts. if every1 is equal why do women not have to sign up for selective service? just a thought. there are more examples...but i'll just say this one If you mean Taking the Cross (I don't know much about war I think that's what you mean) it's because men are considered stronger, which they are. Testosterone is good for violence, and therefore good for war. And of course there has to be someone to stay at home and do things like teach, cook, sew. (Not that men can't do those things, but they are considered more womanly) I think men and woman are equal. Sure we have differing qualities, but that doesn't change the fact that we're all human and deserve rights.
  10. Ok, let's get to the point. I saw an advert on TV a few hours ago for an Xbox game called Duty Call 3 or something. It consists of guns going off, men screaming, buildings blowing up, fire, bullets, bombs, soldiers falling down, dead, crying, yelling, fighting. I was absolutely disgusted. It's Rememberance Day, a day when we're supposed to respect the lives of the men who fought for our countries. And now, death and destruction is being turned into entertainment?! This made me really, really angry. My grandparents were just a few of the millions who suffered during the war. My grandma particularly was really upset by the advert - her husband was killed in action, plus two of her brothers. Still, people are using this special day to make money? To entertain people? I'm not saying it's going to cause World War III or anything, or that violent games such as Duty Call 3 will encourage violence, but for this advert to be so gruesome and disrespectful, and, even worse, shown on Rememberance Day? Your thoughts please. I am not happy.
  11. It's 'Open Your Eyes' by Guano Apes. :wink:
  12. issy2 replied to cadburys_egg's topic in Off-Topic
    Incorrect typing is inconsiderate. But then again, so are spammers/flamers who pointlessly point out other people's mistakes... (Not that I've not ever done it lol.) Still, it is in the best interests of the typists to spell and use correct grammar. As long as the correction/suggestion for better spelling/grammar is constructive and not negative, and included in a post which contributes to the topic, I think it's ok.
  13. Aaah... so THAT's what the vote thingy was for. =D> Thanks for putting me in it. I like it, but it doesn't flow that well. Otherwise, nice description, linking bits together, various authors and what they might be doing. Keep working on it. =D> :wink:
  14. issy2 replied to My_Eggs's topic in Off-Topic
    Heh, ~5'10" and weighing in at 95 pounds. 16 aswell, I just can't put on weight. :P I ate about half of a cake which had an ingredient list matching the length of the Bible and didn't gain squat. I'm always baking myself cakes, muffins and brownies and yet I gain nothing. I also don't exercise alot, I only play golf. (Although... it's more exercise than meets the eye.) Well, you beat me by a few pounds. I didn't think anyone could get skinnier than me, but apperantly they can. I am 20 also, so I am pretty much done growing. I don't eat a lot, but for my size I think it is pretty average. I am decent with alcohol also, if I can judge anything having only really been out drinking twice. I'm 4'10, and weigh about... I'm not sure in pounds, but 33 kilos. (Anyone know the conversion rates thingy?!)
  15. I don't get it. Still, thanks alot. I'll use the guide on Dafont, thanks, Mercifull. :thumbsup:
  16. Affirmative action in itself is racism. :? Well, I think it is anyway. As Ragen said, it's giving advantages to one race over another... which sounds quite like it to me.
  17. None. Put it towards something more worthwhile.
  18. WAS this a ChaLLange for me, lol Wow. I mean, just wow. Thanks. Notat all what I was expecting... but WOW!!! YOU ARE A MASTER. That is amazing. It is beautiful! Thanks sooo much. It's perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  19. Sahara. I just love that word. Say it over and over and over, it's just so magical.
  20. Hiya, Earlier today I tried downloading a font from dafont.com. I clicked download, etc... then it came up with a lil' box in the corner saying 'All files have finished downloading' Can anyone tell me how to actually get it into MS Word, under 'Fonts' so I can type in that font. If it's relevant, I use Firefox, Windows xp pc and am trying to open the font in Microsoft Word. If possible could someone go through it step by step as I know pretty much nothing about computers... :roll: Thanks sooo much. Issy.
  21. No offence but that's one of the worst poems I've ever read. The structure is bad, and the short lines just don't work. The subject of the poem is strong and loving, short lines tend to be tense or comical. It just doesn't work. Secondly, the description is awful. It's interesting but extremely cliche at the same time. It's not as if you put much thought into the lines. It needs drastic improvement. I would suggest not using the lines of prayer, it sounds too much like a mix. To add to that it goes against the beliefs of Christians - Christians look up to their God. Christains do not believe they share an equal love with their God. (To my knowledge.) 'True' Christians fear and love God, as God loves Christians but knows he is superior. Christians put full trust in their God - try and make this more apparent in the poem, it doesn't get across. God is scary- he's ultimately loving, all knowing, all seeing, ultimately powerful. The sense that a supposed God is of such significance doesn't come across. I would suggest a stronger, steadier rhythm, should definitely be longer lines than can be read slowly. Try to be more original with description, the words you use aren't exactly interesting. Rhythm is very very important in poetry, and I think this creation really, really needs it. Edit - modern Christianity has no goddess.
  22. Abstract Can I have it kind of silver and blue, mainly a blue background, with a burst of white light coming from the top left corner onto my name lol, and the right bottom corner is the darkest, but not gloomy-dark. And umm, just nice shapes under the white light, I was thinking swirls... :wink: : Name: ISSY Quote/Subtext: (each first letter of each word bigger than the others please) SHOOT FOR THE MOON. EVEN WHEN YOU MISS, YOU'LL LAND AMONG THE STARS. Font: (URL) http://www.dafont.com/theme.php?cat=204 ... classt=pop Capitalis TypOasis, it's halfway down the page. : Size: (Max is 450x175x30kb) Biggest forum-sig size lol. No render thanks. :thumbsup: Thanks sooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  23. issy2 replied to My_Eggs's topic in Off-Topic
    I don't know anything about metabolism, but I truthfully say I eat a huge amount (mainly healthy stuff though, as well as that I'm a vegetarian) and I'm pretty tall, but thin at the same time.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.