13 March 2007 - Burgh de Rott Ramble

TheEvilGizm0

aparently theyre good protection against thos eranging giant snails...

use a chisel on it like you do with the normal mort myre snail shells, see if that does anything

Did that. "Nothing interesting happens". Used a knife, too. Same result.

Even high alched one. Nothing.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like temple - been doing it for 4 hours today got roughly 250 silver bars - 400 bow strings - millions of wildbloods - 40 snail shells ( still no answer to their use) - 30 nail beast nails - 7 exp tombs - 150 coal - 120 iron - 32 snake skins - different shade remains - mixed herbs around 100. Can't rem the rest.

Not to shabby i think and dont forget you ge experience in the events that happen.

leebrave.png

Gorak Chronicles Ended, thinking of something new for next week

Oh man. At first I didn't give this update a glance. Now after reading this I realize that you get awsome wcing clothing which is awsome since I am cutting 45k yews and I estimate it will be about an extra 200k exp. Also the new pots are pretty cool. The ability to type the start of words in uppercase is awsome and the search bar is not too shabby.

I am confused about the new pots though, correct me if I am wrong. They are recilems balm/super restore/ pot. So what does it mean? Increases stats back to norm, posion resistance, and what ever the balm does?

Is this it? Can someone find out?

Oh man. At first I didn't give this update a glance. Now after reading this I realize that you get awsome wcing clothing which is awsome since I am cutting 45k yews and I estimate it will be about an extra 200k exp. Also the new pots are pretty cool. The ability to type the start of words in uppercase is awsome and the search bar is not too shabby.

I am confused about the new pots though, correct me if I am wrong. They are recilems balm/super restore/ pot. So what does it mean? Increases stats back to norm, posion resistance, and what ever the balm does?

Is this it? Can someone find out?

The balm thing cures disease. Do the zogre quest and you'll figure out what it is, and it's very annoying :x

They finally got it right.

http://www.tip.it/runescape/index.php?rs2item_id=6674

In tipit's item database it doesnt state anything about the undead you get to meet during Temple Trekking and Burgh de Rott Ramble (they are 2 different minigames, since the latter requires an additional quest to be completed)...

Does Salve Amulet (enchanted or not), work on Vampyre Juvinates/Juveniles, Undead Lumberjacks and perhaps Nailbeast??

Worth knowing in my opinion...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

In tipit's item database it doesnt state anything about the undead you get to meet during Temple Trekking and Burgh de Rott Ramble (they are 2 different minigames, since the latter requires an additional quest to be completed)...

Does Salve Amulet (enchanted or not), work on Vampyre Juvinates/Juveniles, Undead Lumberjacks and perhaps Nailbeast??

Well salve amulet does extra damage to undead monsters. I think it works on vampires and maybe nailbeasts. I'm pretty definite it would work on the lumberjacks just because they even have the word "undead" in their name :-w

Well salve amulet does extra damage to undead monsters. I think it works on vampires and maybe nailbeasts. I'm pretty definite it would work on the lumberjacks just because they even have the word "undead" in their name :-w

Hmmm, definitly worth trying out, and no matter what, a salve amulet is great to have in inventory if you meet shades in Mortton.

The juvinates is the worst monster to get in my opinion, I loose my companion to them fairly often. If a juvinate attack my companion, they most of the time are dead before I manage to get the juvinate down to half health so I can use rod of ivandis+guthix balance. Anything that would allow me to do damage to the juvinates quicker would certainly be a great help.

I also wonder if anyone has tried silver bolts on juvinates? I know from before that all silver melee weapons work (sickle, wolfbane, silverlight/darklight, rod of ivandis).

Please think before you ask a question. If you ask the right question, its much more likely you get the answer you are looking for :)

Gugge.png

Moly.png

I also wonder if anyone has tried silver bolts on juvinates? I know from before that all silver melee weapons work (sickle, wolfbane, silverlight/darklight, rod of ivandis).

They work, but they're very slow and weak. I wouldn't recommend them unless you somehow find a really great safespot that also shelters yours character.

They work, but they're very slow and weak. I wouldn't recommend them unless you somehow find a really great safespot that also shelters yours character.

Oh, I was more like thinking along the lines of shooting one arrow at each of the vampires to draw their attention to *me* before they noticed my companion, and after that use a melee weapon.

Will try that, thanks :)

Edit: I also noticed 2 improvements to the minigame from how I remember it before (but it has been many months since last I played). Anyways, if you give your companion food, and they dont need it before arriving to the destination, the next person you take on the track back will have that food stored. Also, if I remember correct, if you logged out in the middle of a trekk before you logged back into Mort Myre with companion gone and no reward, but now you log back into the place you logged out, with companion and can continue to destination. Did anyone else notice those changes - or is it just me who have bad memory, or was it perhaps changes done to the minigame long time ago?

Please think before you ask a question. If you ask the right question, its much more likely you get the answer you are looking for :)

Gugge.png

Moly.png

Can silver bolts be tipped and enchanted?

Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Oh, I was more like thinking along the lines of shooting one arrow at each of the vampires to draw their attention to *me* before they noticed my companion, and after that use a melee weapon.

Will try that, thanks :)

Edit: I also noticed 2 improvements to the minigame from how I remember it before (but it has been many months since last I played). Anyways, if you give your companion food, and they dont need it before arriving to the destination, the next person you take on the track back will have that food stored. Also, if I remember correct, if you logged out in the middle of a trekk before you logged back into Mort Myre with companion gone and no reward, but now you log back into the place you logged out, with companion and can continue to destination. Did anyone else notice those changes - or is it just me who have bad memory, or was it perhaps changes done to the minigame long time ago?

The log out and in thing was there before the update. Not so sure about the companions food.

KingKnight1.jpeg

there was a topic on RSOF about killing those freaking juvinates

people seem to agree the best weapon is the rod of ivandis (only weapon that can hit over 10 on them) with a rune defender. You could also use a zammy prayer book if you are doing the hard route with a prayer outfit. The guthix balance potions are a gigantic pain in the butt to make, and are basically garbage anyways.

The rod of ivandis also is hard to make, and a rod(10) will last you like 2 encounters using the special/guthix pot combo. Melee-ing with the rod is the best way to go as of yet.

Hopefully jagex will give us a new way to kill vampyres soon, or at least boost the worthless rod/guthix pot combo.

Other weapons that work on vamps:

silver sickle (B)

silverlight

darklight

wolfbane dagger

silver bolts

the silver bolts have been reported to be complete garbage also, it will take you hours to get through each juvinate event using them. I've used wolfbane and darklight, they work pretty decently, but they cannot hit hgiher than 10. Rod of ivandis has crappier stats, but it has "hidden" bonuses against vamps

there was a topic on RSOF about killing those freaking juvinates

people seem to agree the best weapon is the rod of ivandis (only weapon that can hit over 10 on them) with a rune defender. You could also use a zammy prayer book if you are doing the hard route with a prayer outfit. The guthix balance potions are a gigantic pain in the butt to make, and are basically garbage anyways.

The rod of ivandis also is hard to make, and a rod(10) will last you like 2 encounters using the special/guthix pot combo. Melee-ing with the rod is the best way to go as of yet.

Hopefully jagex will give us a new way to kill vampyres soon, or at least boost the worthless rod/guthix pot combo.

Another way to go is to increase the chance of a good reward.

Personally I wouldn't mind going through the trouble of making rod of ivandis + guthix balance *if* it gave useful loot instead of the black/mith/addy armour/weps you get now.

For example watermelon/strawberry seeds, blood runes, noted herblore seconds and clues - number of items and clue level depending on level of juvinate.

Gugge.png

Moly.png

How does Crumble Undead work on Vampire Juvies..?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!

How does Crumble Undead work on Vampire Juvies..?

Crumble undead does not work on Juvinates. Thats's ok I guess.

Crumble undead also does NOT work on Ghasts, and that makes no sense in my opinion. Same with the salve amulet.

Gugge.png

Moly.png

• 4 weeks later...