13 March 2007 - Burgh de Rott Ramble

TheEvilGizm0

I'm using the strongest person on the slowest route to get LumberJack. There are the most events in one shot, and I don't need to expend any food. This seems like the best way to go about getting LumberJack. Unless, do the level of course and your traveler affect your chances of getting LumberJack? What are other people using that's been working for them?

i am curious as well, because i considered getting this stuff.

Mod Ash

Jagex Mod

14-Mar-2007 09:57:55

We've just fixed a bug where the lumberjacks weren't ever dropping boots. You should be able to get them now.

Ironically, the boots were meant to be the most common part of the set.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@People whining about the anchor being nurfed, it was a massively overpowered weapon that cost next to nothing to replace. This has been fixed, shutup.

I did the quests to be able to do the mini-game today, it's reasonably hard and reaonably enjoyable,unfortunately this is nowhere near enough to please most of the morons who play the game.

Seriously if you don't like somethign shutup my eyes hurt from looking at all the [bleep] complaints you lot make.

Im going to bet your one of those that bought a whip from another player.

The anchor still seems good to me and it has the added benefit that some people actually have to do something to gain it, unlike the whip were most paid stupid amount of money to get one and then think they have achieved something.

I don't own a whip, i apreciate what your saying, I enjoy doing something challenging in game and being rewarded for it, but do you not think for someone to make 1.7 million is an achievement?

My beef was that the anchor was a substantial weapon and was overpowered (in relation to its cost-i should have made that clear) and this has been fixed.

edit: re-reading my post i see that i made a mistake by saying the anchor was massively overpowered and cheap to replace, i meant that it was overpwowered in relation to its cost to replace.

@teebaum:I believe its random chance i've had the bridge scenario twice and once it was lvl 1 route with weak NPC, and the other time it was lvl 2 route with a weak NPC. I got lumberjack legs on the 2nd and nothing on the first.

There we go =)

And on my side... Yeah, i just tested it out and it isn't a massive nerf. i should have tested it before assuming like crazy.

Glad we resolved this. I <3 tippers.

Could you please explain me why you falme people calling them ignorant, while you make a comment on something you even have not tested??? :-k

That is even more ignorance.... :shame:

With the full set I earned about 179.5 exp per yew log, instead of the normal 175.

I can confirm, more or less. With a load of 28 yews, I averaged 179.29 XP per log. The discrepency is likely just decimals dropped on the start and end XP. It comes out to about 2.5% increase. I'll assume that's the same for other types of logs.

o_knames.png

Maxed total levels

Remaining for Completionist Cape: Livid Farm spell (Borrowed Power)

Wondering, do you loose your items if you die during temple trekking?

I may possiably do Darkness of Hallowvale today (took me ALL afternoon for in aid of the myreque xD) even though I dont want to, I can take the extra trip back to Burgh instead of running through the swamp to the boat

Can you get LumberJack outfits from Medium levle person? I did the hard person, both times on route 2 and he got pile tanked by the Giant Snakes.

I was wondering if there is any trick, or is it all random? More luck on 1 route?

most importantly I want to know if anyone has gotten then outfit from a medium level person. I know I cannont complete that Snake event <.<

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

"I backed my car into a cop car the other day

Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok

Alright already we'll all float on

Alright don't worry we'll all float on" - Isaac Brock

Days Hunting:4 - Kingly Imps Caught:2

Money Earned: 4.5-5m

I only did route 1 (I have heard of people getting the items on route 2), that way you can evade any combat event and you don't need to worry about your person dieing at all. Of course, you won't get any decent rewards at the end, but if you are only doing it for the Lumberjack set then I recommend only doing route 1.

And yes, you lose your items if you die during the mini-game.

~Trumpet

With the full set I earned about 179.5 exp per yew log, instead of the normal 175. Every little bit helps I guess.

~Trumpet

Not as much exp as i was hopeing for...

Still its better then nothing. As you said every little bit counts.

prospektssigza4.jpg

With the full set I earned about 179.5 exp per yew log, instead of the normal 175.

I can confirm, more or less. With a load of 28 yews, I averaged 179.29 XP per log. The discrepency is likely just decimals dropped on the start and end XP. It comes out to about 2.5% increase. I'll assume that's the same for other types of logs.

Thanks for info. :)

However, I do remember that a mod said on RSOF that the bonus was bigger for the higher level logs. But I don't have any proof for that...

ltjemightyro9.png

Retired.

ill wait till they tell us how many exp you get more by using the new clothes... if its only +5% i wont get them...

5% xp boost would mean that you'd have to chop about 12,4m worth of xp to acheve 99 woodcutting... that's 650k xp worth of logs that you would never have to chop but would still get xp for.

I'm pretty sure that getting the clothes takes alot less time than it takes you to chop 650k xp worth of logs so I would say that the clothes are well worth it even though the xp boost may seem low.

It would be nice to find out what the actual bonus is (full set) for the real calculations :)

its only 2,5% boost... and i dont have a 99 wcing goal on my noob account...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

anyone notice that activating prayer has become really sticky.

i.e. When clicking on it, it takes a few more seconds to activate

Just tested it - I'd say it takes about 1/2 second longer. Noticeable though.

I noticed it as well, and at some really, REALLY inopportune times as well.

This is bad.

anyone notice that activating prayer has become really sticky.

i.e. When clicking on it, it takes a few more seconds to activate

Just tested it - I'd say it takes about 1/2 second longer. Noticeable though.

I noticed it as well, and at some really, REALLY inopportune times as well.

This is bad.

I can still easily use it to kill abberant spectators, I mean the prayer off and on switching method ofcourse.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

aparently theyre good protection against thos eranging giant snails...

use a chisel on it like you do with the normal mort myre snail shells, see if that does anything

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!