Guide to Choosing a Username for your Account

Reishen

A interesting guide to read, at least my name is unique and don't end with numbers (my RSN) :XD:

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is "el fearzor" acceptable?

no game referances

no numbers

i rekon its pretty cool

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

you're my hero! :D

for the moment, at least

I totally agree with you, i wish more people tought like that. Every time i see a pikachu walking by i have this sudden urge to kill...

shacksig3.png

Qual_Kehk.png

Very Nice!

There is still room for improvement, you should also mention something about pure names like O___wn____t or something. Maybe not the best example but you know what I'm talking about.

BTW Does my RSN name pass your test? =P

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

you're my hero! :D

for the moment, at least

I totally agree with you, i wish more people tought like that. Every time i see a pikachu walking by i have this sudden urge to kill...

:-w

D scim, DDser :) (zerker pure now :)

I do wish I could re roll and make a new name, but that would mean losing hundreds of hours of work because of a simple "1" But whatever, good guide, I hate seeing unoriginal names.

Feel free to message me on Aim or Msn, or add me ingame.

Thanks for the signature Mathias

princeofpersia2ew2.jpg

I sent jagex a question asking if I could change my name a while ago. Take a look, I think there is hope.

18Godzilla(me):

In Runescape classic my name was 18Godzilla (with a capital 'G')

When Runescape came out the 'g' was changed to lowercase: 18godzilla.

Now my name looks pathetic. Could I please create a new name (I AM WILLING TO PAY TO DO THIS) or could you please capitalize the 'g' again.

Its something small, but it means a lot - I spend a lot of time playing this game and my name represents me.

Thanks.

Mod Dowd:

Dear 18godzilla,

Thank you for your question.

Thank you for your message about wanting to change your account name.

Alas there is no way to change your name in the game as of yet, however there is something very unique and super top secret (so much that this email may actually self destruct) coming soon that may help you. Watch this space and the RuneScape homepage...

Good Luck. :)

Please always refer to the RuneScape Knowledge Base to find the answer to your queries quicker.

You can also find help on all free player and all new member quests through the QuestHelp system.

Yours Sincerely

Mod Dowd

all those years ago when i was 12 and making my first account, i had finally learned how to spell anonymous =p, now i wished that i had of known of my current game name: anonymouse, but of well.. not much i can do about it now..., but i'v sort of grown fond of my 184 in anonymous184(bloody generic names!!!)

If only i had known of tip.it, and seen this guide 3 years ago...

1yrb49.jpg

I wish I could swap my main's name with my other accoun'ts name.

Main:

cowmasta13 (13, eww)

Other:

A Narwhal (favorite)

Glory of Men (sick pking name)

King Caerus (roman god of luck)

An Irate Man ( Follow -> An Irate Man)

Cowmasta13.png

I lol'ed IRL!!!12

Anyway. Good guide. I was a bit geeky and picked a name from a fantasy book. It's not the name of a character though (how many Draco Malfoy129483 have you seen running around), it's a word that roughly means storyteller. So I'm happy with it.

gerthdyncu0.gif

Thanks to Star for the sig! | Click here or on the sig for my tewtally cool blog!

Alright, everyone's gonna think I'm some mage pure because of my name, right?

Well, you're WRONG!!! WRONG!!! WRONG!!!1!!1!

I started RS not knowing anything about MMO games, and definately nothing about pures. If you would have asked me what a pure was back then, I would have said something like, "Uh, atoms of a single element? I dunno..."

I named myself after a character in the book I was trying to write. He was the main character, and he happened to be a spellcaster. (ave up writing the book, though... seems author isn't the career path for me! :P)

On topic, this is a great guide! I clicked on it at first, thinking, oh, boy. This is gonna have a lot of flaming in it. It was actually pretty good, though.

Another trend in naming that I see more and more often is starting and ending a name with xxx. For example, Xxx_Killapk_Xxx

It drives me crazy.

Cool%20Xy.png

I'm 100% free-to-play!!!

Message me, private chat is always on. :)

This guide needs pictures!!

lol na jk but its not the best guide cuz usually ppl already have names chosen and to view this you have to be sgned into Tip.It so why not use ur name from Tip.It for ur RS name.

=p kinda funny though.

Whoever said "nothing is impossible", obviously never tried slamming a revolving door.