Would Wilderness Team Capes be more beneficial if F2P?

Prankster_King

First off, I'd like to make it known that I'm not suggesting that team capes should be F2P, nor am I saying that F2P needs more st00f. This is a topic of debate, and I want the opinions of others on this matter. I'd appreciate it if you'd keep focused on the debate, and not some flame fest about F2P not deserving a particular item. Thanks. ;)

Everyone knows that wilderness team capes are used by clans in the P2P worlds, so that they know who's team and who's foe. They are vastly useful in wars, for it helps prevent accidental clicks on a teamate. The large variety of them also helps to ensure that clans can get a somewhat unique cape, that every other clan doesn't have. Knowing this, I come to the main topic of this discussion:

Would P2P'ers benefit from these capes more if they were also available to F2P worlds?

As you also probably know, wars take place in both P2P and F2P worlds. But between the amount wars taken place in these two types of worlds, a majority of them are in F2P worlds.

Most clans are a mix of F2Pers and P2Pers, thus causing them to hold most of their clan wars in F2P worlds, so that all clan members may attend. That means that even the members must step down a bit in gear quality, and don a good ole set of rune for the war. It also means that they need to equip the clan's F2P cape.

Regular capes in the F2P worlds provide no additional advantages for pking, and clan warring. This can make it a bit more difficult for when members need to come to F2P worlds to fight. Wouldn't it be in the better intrest of the P2P'ers if the skill capes were accessable to both F2Pers and P2Pers alike?

If team capes could be used by the F2P part of the clan/pking group, it would make warring and pking a bit less chaotic with mis-clicks and such. Fellow clan members could be easily seen as a blue dot in F2P wars, just as they are in P2P wars. This extra advantage would be appreciated greatly by both P2P'ers, and the F2P'ers.

How would it help members more? In case you didn't understand the answer to it in the generic talk above, I'll lay it out simply for you.

Less confusion while pking in F2P worlds, fellow clan members (both f2p and p2p alike) are more easily recognizable, more beneficial to members in not having to change capes, or deal with the hassles of mis-clicks in F2P worlds during wars and pking.

Those are the general points I'm trying to make, and more may be added in the future. So what do you think? Would P2P'ers benefit from these team capes more if they were available in F2P worlds?

Please keep debates clean. That means no FLAMMING, no CANNED HAM, and nooff-topic comments about F2P not deserving updates.

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png

[bleep], my parrot has better grammar than you.

{Author of Tip.It Times article}{Founder of the F2P Bankspace Campaign}{Interviewed for the Gielinor Tribune}{F2P Bankspace was ACHIEVED!}

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would be a good idea, but make the capes (like the canafis gloves) tradeble in f2p, but only availeble(sp?) in a store in p2p, in this way the p2pers have more advantage of it then that they have now.

Aurei_Animus.png

Yes - F2p would benefit from Team Capes.

Should / Will they get them?

IMHO, no.

The F2P wilderness if chockablock full of little irritations for players. Surely these irritations were specifically written into the game by Jadex, to give us scapers an extra incentive to shell out for members.

Call me a conspiracy nut, but it makes a hellova lotta sense to me.

What do the vast majority of gamers enjoy? PvP.

Give members vastly improved ways of PvPing, and it'l certainly attract more attention.

So no, I think the lack of Clan Cape-age in F2P is a good thing. Just a little extra incentive to join members.

The question to pose that would fix the cape problem in F2P, should be:

'Phr33 cl4n 5upp0rt pl0x?'

I don't think that team capes are satisfactory. RS needs formal clan support, grouping systems, clan chat channels and perhaps even a formal way of declaring a clan war. Pest Control, Castle Wars and other team based updates have attempted to put the 'Multiplayer' element in RS - If only Jadex could finish the job.

- Gid.

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

Jagex is working on clan support, in case you were unaware, Gidion. It's just a teeny bit of a difficult update to implement into the current engine.

As for the team capes, it would make p2pers happy, and that is Jagex's primary motivations. The fact that it would also make f2pers happy is just a bonus side effect. Although, I do agree with knight10071 that the team capes should work like Canifis gloves.

cube347.jpg

Part of the Star Traks network. (^^Clicky!)

Irony: An amnesiac rediscovering they have an eidetic memory.

It'd make sense to me to have them f2p, simply because the Wilderness is so popular in f2p. In f2p, they'd be used a lot more for the goal for which they were intended. The p2p wilderness is usually quite empty... I travel around in the wild a few times a week for treasure trails. at first, I was deadly nervous about it, these days, I happily trot around in the deepest wild. It's been weeks since I saw someone, let alone got attacked.

Jagex is working on clan support, in case you were unaware, Gidion.

Really? Great!

Where have they said this?

And are they 'working on it' like they were 'working on' POH?

^_^

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

Since most team-based wilderness action happens in F2P, yes, the team capes would be a hell of a lot more beneficial. Most P2Pers either solo PK or they PK with a small groups of friends. There are few clans that actually P2P pk that often. But in F2P, there are tons of groups of 30-100 people roving about looking for a fight. Speaking from experience; I find it kind of hard in run-ins to rifle through a group of people to find a person whom my team leaders have called out. It would be nice if I could just click near where all the shouting is going on without having to worry about attacking one of my own teammates. And, in a lot of instances, teams will run into each other that have the same capes on. This certainly adds to the confusion. Having 50 capes of different colors and designs would certainly help

Yes - F2p would benefit from Team Capes.

Should / Will they get them?

IMHO, no.

The F2P wilderness if chockablock full of little irritations for players. Surely these irritations were specifically written into the game by Jadex, to give us scapers an extra incentive to shell out for members.

Call me a conspiracy nut, but it makes a hellova lotta sense to me.

What do the vast majority of gamers enjoy? PvP.

Give members vastly improved ways of PvPing, and it'l certainly attract more attention.

So no, I think the lack of Clan Cape-age in F2P is a good thing. Just a little extra incentive to join members.

The question to pose that would fix the cape problem in F2P, should be:

'Phr33 cl4n 5upp0rt pl0x?'

I don't think that team capes are satisfactory. RS needs formal clan support, grouping systems, clan chat channels and perhaps even a formal way of declaring a clan war. Pest Control, Castle Wars and other team based updates have attempted to put the 'Multiplayer' element in RS - If only Jadex could finish the job.

- Gid.

Trust me, nobody is going to get members because they don't have team capes. -.-

I got members because I wanted a whip, ancients, specs, faster xp, more skills - not because of a lame team cape.

Keeping f2p from having capes isn't going to make more members. It's probably just something Jagex has never thought through fully.

Trust me, nobody is going to get members because they don't have team capes. -.-

I got members because I wanted a whip, ancients, specs, faster xp, more skills - not because of a lame team cape.

Keeping f2p from having capes isn't going to make more members. It's probably just something Jagex has never thought through fully.

Heh, I joined members because I grew tired of the PvP in F2p.

Team capes were one of many irritations that contributed to that decision.

On their own, maybe they aren't a factor. But it all adds up.

Rock_Hard.png

When I pk p2p, I always wear a god cape or legends or skillcape - never one of those weak teamcapes. My teams aren't big enough that I'd need one in p2p.

F2p is a different story. Teams have to be big to get kills, and there are no good capes available, so they would be useful.

When I pk p2p, I always wear a god cape or legends or skillcape - never one of those weak teamcapes. My teams aren't big enough that I'd need one in p2p.

F2p is a different story. Teams have to be big to get kills, and there are no good capes available, so they would be useful.

Yep, I'll concede that when i P2P Pked, I usually wore my god cape.

However, as a F2P - Looking at the disorganization of clan / team PKing that I was used to - I hadn't considered that it wouldn't be an issue in P2P.

Perhaps I'm not insightful enough. ^_^

- Gid.

Rock_Hard.png

I agree with the point made of team capes being tradeable to F2P, but not buyable in shops.

The F2P wilderness makes up the majority of the P2P wilderness, with only about 20% more land to fight in. Along with the features like the mage bank, P2P wilderness is more highly valued for it's greater variety of pking weapons and skills that are applied (ex.- More powerful mage spells, agility courses, etc.). Team capes are helpful to P2P pkers, but they would be much more appreciated if they could be used in both types of worlds.

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png

{Author of Tip.It Times article}{Founder of the F2P Bankspace Campaign}{Interviewed for the Gielinor Tribune}{F2P Bankspace was ACHIEVED!}

^ If you would have skimmed through the few posts in this thread, you woud have seen that we were saying the capes should be tradeabble to F2P.

I'd also like to add that I'm not saying this is going to happen, or whether it should happen... This discussion is about whether team capes would be more beneficial if available in F2P.

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png

This discussion is about whether team capes would be more beneficial if available in F2P.

Perhaps I've got the wrong end of the stick here - But surely ANY P2P only feature would be beneficial to F2p should it be properly implemented.

Isn't that the main feature of P2P? The ability to access content that is more beneficial than the stuff you get for free?

:?

Rock_Hard.png

Definatly think that making team capes non-members would be benificial.

I'm p2p, but not all my friends have parents that let them be memebrs;, and I love pking with them, the problem comes when I accidentally kill them in the heat of a battle!

WFCrest.gif

The problem comes when I accidentally kill them in the heat of a battle!

Come on, lets be honest here. When your talking about F2P PKing - There isn't much 'heat' to the battle.

It takes a long time to 'accidentally' kill a friend in F2P. If your dopey enough to not realize they are a friendly target after three to four hit's, then you'd have to be awfully unlucky to also have hit hard enough in those few hits to deal out any serious damage...

Perhaps in deep wilderness group situations it could be a slight problem, but in those situations you should be looking for the name called by your leader anyway, so you would be carefully selecting who to focus fire on in any case.

Am I wrong?

- Gid.

Rock_Hard.png

I dont think f2p needs team capes. If they want to have a team or something in the wilderness they could just wear a yellow cape or red or other color.Jagex made team capes as a reason for you to pay for membership and they will probably leave them like that as a way to bring you in. I don't see how it would help f2p. Just wear a colored cape...

my other account is named Rere7777

barrowsmguthan,rere7777.gif

I get advice from Taco Bell packets

I kind of like this idea. I even think, this should be done. Although you do not say it should happen, I could see this happening. Would be the update of a lifetime for F2P (a big one as they do not get many updates) And P2P will enjoy it. As a lot of P2P, pk in non-member worlds.

I really like this idea, a great suggestion. At the moment, the team capes are not commonly used. I do not PK alot, but I never come across them, except for some people for looks.

Also, I do not see any big Cons to this change. It will not change anything for F2P, except that their cape colour changes. It will make PK'ing a little bit easier, for those who PK alot. And for them who do not PK alot, they get a nice looking cape. The only Con I could think off, is that it might increase more F2P pking. Instead of P2P pking But really that is not a Con..

So, a great suggestion. Could be even suggested to Jagex. Although they probably won't, I can't see why not 8-)

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

This discussion is about whether team capes would be more beneficial if available in F2P.

Perhaps I've got the wrong end of the stick here - But surely ANY P2P only feature would be beneficial to F2p should it be properly implemented.

Isn't that the main feature of P2P? The ability to access content that is more beneficial than the stuff you get for free?

:?

I'm not talking about how it would benefit F2P players, but how it would benefit P2P'ers. If P2Pers could access the team capes in both types of worlds, it would be more useful for them. While it would help F2P as well, that wouldn't be the main goal of such a change.

I dont think f2p needs team capes. If they want to have a team or something in the wilderness they could just wear a yellow cape or red or other color.Jagex made team capes as a reason for you to pay for membership and they will probably leave them like that as a way to bring you in. I don't see how it would help f2p. Just wear a colored cape...

I think you've forgotten the additional benefits of teamcapes... They allow you to see your fellow pkers as blue dots, even when they aren't added to your friends list (helpful with large groups). They also help ward off misclicks, which could cause you to attack a teamate. Regular capes don't do this.

Also, please don't turn this into one of those bloody "F2P doesnt pay, f2p doesnt deserve it" arguments... This is just a discussion about whether it would help members more if they could be used in F2P.

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png