do you play RS more as a member?

ixfd64

One common concept that members may share is that "Since I only got limited time on this, I better train as much as possible."

So as members, do you find yourself training more than usual? For me, I do.

For one reason, members is less boring than the free version. Also, since I wan't to get the most out of it, I'd focus my training into members skills. It's a bit silly to train f2p skills that I can train for free (unless it offers much faster experience, such as prayer).

Anyways, here are my stats for members.

1. July 2002-August 2002 (30 herblore, ~45 fletching, 55 thieving) (~ 240k members XP)

As you can see, I didn't get much exp on my first month of members. But then again I, was pretty lazy at the time. As a matter of fact, although I started in February 2001, I only had about 6m total XP by late 2002.

2. July 2003-October 2003 (45 herblore, ~62 fletching, 76 thieving, 56 agility) (~1674k members XP) (~550k members XP per month)

Since it was the summer, I had more time to play RuneScape, and wasn't as lazy, but the XP still wasn't much. But then again, I was still a bit lazy, and that was in RS Classic where skills were harder.

3. January 2006-February 2006 (~53 herblore, ~64 fletching, 77 thieving, ~58 agility, ~55 slayer, ~45 farming) (~455k members XP)

This is the first time I got members since RS2. I didn't get much exp in since I spent a much of my time on quests.

4. March 2006-April 2006 (~55 herblore, ~60 slayer, ~66 fletching, 77 thieving, 63 agility, ~50 farming) (~420k members XP)

Again, not much XP. It's also because I spent much time on slower skills.

5. July 2006-September 2006 (~56 herblore, 64 slayer, 73 fletching, 96 thieving, 69 agility, 55 farming) (~9203k members XP) (~3060k XP per month)

I decided to do serious thieving. Look at that huge jump! Also, some skills have become easier on RS2.

6. January 2007-now (have 1 more month remaining) (57 herblore, 64 slayer, 97 fletching, 99 thieving, 71 agility, 57 farming) (~13566k members XP) (~6800k XP per month)

These are my two most "productive" months to date. I guess it's because I don't have classes on certian days in college, so I have more time to play (after studying).

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

I was only F2P for my first two months or so playing RuneScape, so I would say 'Yes' to your answer. :P

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I haven't been a member, but if I became one I would share the exact thoughts you have and train like crazy.

members is less boring than the free version

So true, so true :thumbsup: Free version and member are both boring I guess, but member is just LESS boring.

After I got membership I got from 71-85 combat in a few months and 900 something total to about 1300 total in a few months. I definitely trained alot more after membership - or it's the fact that you can train faster as a member. Now a year + later all I do is have periods of boredom and periods of intense training!

Yes. In addition it was also school vacations. Since i have nothing to do, might as well "no-life" runescape.

Off topic: Btw celt, i like your sig

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

Members is probably the only reason I play besides friends.

After you've played for 6 years and practically memorized the entire free world map, it's pretty freaking boring

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

"I backed my car into a cop car the other day

Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok

Alright already we'll all float on

Alright don't worry we'll all float on" - Isaac Brock

Days Hunting:4 - Kingly Imps Caught:2

Money Earned: 4.5-5m

yea, i trained more....however, i think it was due to the fact that training was easier. since it was easier, you got levels faster, making you wanna train longer... :?

"The greatest joy a man can know is to conquer his enemies and drive them before him. To ride their horses and take away their possessions. To see the faces of those who were dear to them bedewed with tears, and to clasp their wives and daughters in his arms."

-Genghis Khan

i was f2p for a year before i started membership, and I have to say i trained just as much percentage of the time I was on in f2p as p2p. When i became p2p, however, there was more options to raise skills so my xp went up alot faster.

kind of off topic a bit, but now if I ever went back to f2p, it would seem alot worse compared to p2p so i'd probably just spend my time pking

croppedskill2ph6.png

621st person to achieve 99 slayer on December 3rd, 2007

177th person to 99 summoning on June 21st, 2008

I can't play f2p after being spoiled with p2p for 3-4 years. I log onto f2p and maybe attack a chicken or two(when making a new account) and then just log off and get p2p lol. P2p=more fun=worth 5 bucks

Yes you play more being a member. P2p gets weekly updates and only a certain amount of time. That's how they addicted you to play more imo.

While as being a f2p there isn't much to do and it will stay like that so you play less until you feel like getting members... Then your trapped, if you

want to go back to f2p because your bank is full of stuff you want to keep and not to sell.

Quit RuneScape :)

yea, i trained more....however, i think it was due to the fact that training was easier. since it was easier, you got levels faster, making you wanna train longer... :?

something like he said or summit.

actualy i play less cos i have more of a life now and i am pretty much bored of rs. but since i have a few jobs i dont take the mentallity you take because its cheap anyway i would rate my time at more than ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã3.20 a month so i dont care wasting.