Should F2P get skill capes?

hybrid2hell

I think all f2p's who acheived a 99 after all the disablements compared to p2p's should get a cape worthy of their skill. It makes total sense.

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, I'm an f2p so you might think I'm biased, but I'm trying to be objective in my arguments and reasoning.

The question is SHOULD f2p get skillcapes.

For

Gaining 13.1 million experience points in any skill is extremely difficult for any player, and is quite an achievement. Not just for getting there, but also for having the mindset to be able to keep going to get there (I personally have 99 firemaking banked, but am still to start burning. I'm a procrastinator from way back). It takes time and effort.

In the most part, I'm inclined to think that f2p has a tougher time with several skills, due to there being higher payload items available in members. That said, that's not necessarily true for all skills - strength, attack and defense for instance. Smithing in another example that there is generally a very similar availability, but the creation rings of forging maximized the payload on a bag full of iron.

Just like $1m in life is $1m earned or won, a level 99 is a 99 whether earnt in f2p or members. I don't see why US$5/month should define someone's worthiness of receiving a "cape" to acknowledge the achievement.

I'm not paying money so f2p can get skillcapes

yoda9931

I pay by watching freakin' ads.

Against

I guess that the main argument that comes to mind, is that members are paying US$5 into the pocket of JaGex so that they can pay for staff who monitor the game and create the updates etc etc. Advertising is how f2p play, but the cheque from the company's only comes in once a month. Membership fees are paid every day (presumably) ensuring a constant supply of money.

I don't really have more arguments because I am not a member. Feel free to add.

On a final note, there are people who say "if they don't like it, just pay for membership: There are people who don't have the means to pay (credit cards, like myself), or parents who will pay for their kids to play an online games. Don't bother using the line of argument.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

In the most part, I'm inclined to think that f2p has a tougher time with several skills, due to there being higher payload items available in members. That said, that's not necessarily true for all skills - strength, attack and defense for instance. Smithing in another example that there is generally a very similar availability, but the creation rings of forging maximized the payload on a bag full of iron.

Just to clear things up, keep in mind the exp rates in f2p for melee are maximum of 35-40k/hour. I know for a fact that members have a time advantage.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

I think they do deserve the cape as its much harder to train in F2P worlds than it is to in P2P ones. They deserve the credit.

Hunter

rawr7zv.gif

Thanks to Goldwolflord, megadedhed, willmcdermot, Biabf, jak722, born2die, Mediumwell, xxxShade, Random, speedofsound, edtheripper, and Alduron for the awesome sig

Yes, I do agree that F2P should be given skill capes, since it is much harder to get a 99 there than on P2P.

However, Jagex does not allow them to get those capes as they will encourage "macroing skills to 99". Think about it. An F2P player* may want to "cheat" to get a skillcape. They've got nothing to lose after all, unlike those who had actually paid every month to play the game. If P2P players get banned for macroing, they'll definitely lose out. F2P players don't lose out as much.

So, a probable reason why Jagex disallows F2P skill capes is to stop players macroing for them.

*This applies to dishonest players. F2P population is larger then P2P's. Hence, there's a greater chance of them macroing for skill capes. (Also due to the point in bold.)

[oh man... come on.. i didnt do that bad to your modesty... and i was drunk! you were not! you took advantage of me... wildernessfreelancer!]

Yep, that's what they'll always say, LoL.

Yes, I do agree that F2P should be given skill capes, since it is much harder to get a 99 there than on P2P.

However, Jagex does not allow them to get those capes as they will encourage "macroing skills to 99". Think about it. An F2P player* may want to "cheat" to get a skillcape. They've got nothing to lose after all, unlike those who had actually paid every month to play the game. If P2P players get banned for macroing, they'll definitely lose out. F2P players don't lose out as much.

So, a probable reason why Jagex disallows F2P skill capes is to stop players macroing for them.

*This applies to dishonest players. F2P population is larger then P2P's. Hence, there's a greater chance of them macroing for skill capes. (Also due to the point in bold.)

A total level requirement of some sort would fix that I believe because then there will be a lot at stake, a lot of hours to lose.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

There are P2P bots aswell. I do think that F2P deserves skill capes. P2P has more minigames, and more skills to train. We atleast deserve somthing we can work towards.

~Alina

~Tip.It's #1 Party Girl & Events Team Supporter~

2141567593_54ae68f6f3_o.jpg

Next TET Event: A Holy Pilgrimage!

Next TET AU Event: Zamorak Strikes Back Part 1!

PM me if you need any help with an event.

well, it's not like the entire p2p population of runescape is going to quit because the caped of achievement are given to the f2p section of the game. i mean, these people (if they are not macorers) have worked hard to get their goal, and they should be rewarded with being recognised on f2p servers for what they have done.

a random question:

---- does anyone know what the summoning skillcape is going to look like?

---- and the emote?

O.mirzan-O.mirzan.gif

d drops/ legs(0) chain (0) axes (0) skirts (0) meds(0)/ visage! (0)/ rings (0)

-My Blog! Don't forget to post!

No, I don't think they should.
Care to elaborate?

Why not read this thread, its already 20 pages, and I dont think there are any more points to be made.

This is the debate forum... how are we supposed to formulate a rebuttal to that comment?

He definitely needs to at least state his reasons.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

Why not read this thread, its already 20 pages, and I dont think there are any more points to be made.

So you propose that people don't have their own take on the argument?

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

• 2 weeks later...

Um... I think this should go back to the issue that ------->

Whether Skill Cape is a symbol of paying US $ 5 dollar a month or a symbol of long hours of hardworking....

If you really ask me whether F2p deserves I will say NO!!! Caz it is so obvious that F2p 99 skills are so much harder than P2p 99 skills (eg. 99 F2p prayer vs 99 P2p prayer)

And so, For the sake of all players, Jagex just dont want to make the F2p having a hard life for the stupid cape and they will never let F2p have any chance to have skillcapes.

Fools!! Having Wilderness Pking back is harder than Letting camels pass through the needle's hole!!

i think we should, because, wouldn't 99 in any skill be a lot harder f2p?

........but seriously, if you get 99 woodcutting using only willows, (whereas p2p'ers can use maples, mages, and all those other cool logs you have), that is quite a bit harder!

lots of p2p get wc 99 with willows too

IM+mos+DEF.png

i think we should, because, wouldn't 99 in any skill be a lot harder f2p?

........but seriously, if you get 99 woodcutting using only willows, (whereas p2p'ers can use maples, mages, and all those other cool logs you have), that is quite a bit harder!

lots of p2p get wc 99 with willows too

Although that may be true, there is much more competition for resources in f2p. This includes willows.

Though that is not really the issue here. Either way f2p should get capes if they have the required levels.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

no
What a great insight you have provided! =D>

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

I'm a paying member and I honestly had no idea that skillcapes were not available to F2P's - granted I only played F2P for about a week before becoming a P2P, the reason I switched was simply that I hated the ad's.

I think any 99 is an acheivement and therefore should be treated so, considering how hard it would be to acheive the lvl on an F2P account - more credit to them!

I didn't pay for membership for the advantaged of receiving a skillcape at 99, i paid as to not have ad's at the top of my game and send my computer nuts, so I'm not bothered and nor do I feel "cheated" that a free player is receiving a benefit in which I'm paying for.

Give them their skillcape!

ava_grace78.png

99 Cooking - 13/01/2008