Should F2P get skill capes?

hybrid2hell

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think we will ever see skill capes for f2p, as that would require a change to the game. Curently 7 of the capes for skills that f2p can achieve are sold in members areas that f2pers wouldn't be able to get to anyways. (attack, atrength, hitpoints, range, magic, fishing and firemaking)

There is absolutely no valid reason why f2p should not get the capes.

It is a cape for getting 99 in a skill, it serves no other purpose other than being a reward for reaching lv 99 so why not?

If anyone has reason other than "f2p don't pay" I love to hear it. :P

JagEx owns the game and wants to make members more attractive so they can make more money? Because thats how it rolls? Because we live in a capitalistic society not a communistic one? Because God hates you? Because you whine to much? Because its just a damn game?

Wow. You are ridiculous. :lol:

I don't think we will ever see skill capes for f2p, as that would require a change to the game. Curently 7 of the capes for skills that f2p can achieve are sold in members areas that f2pers wouldn't be able to get to anyways. (attack, atrength, hitpoints, range, magic, fishing and firemaking)
You are correct that it is unlikely f2p will actually get skill capes; the question is SHOULD they.

The answer is clear to me; of course they should. :)

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

Is this the real Syzygy?

I engineered this thread with precise variables that I know would cause lul-worthy flames.

Ammo931.png

Should F2P get skill capes?

I dunno, should JagEx start handing out more freebies to people who have used their game for a long time and are not likely to give them money so they can continue to provide free content and a game that continues to improve so they can attract new customers and keep old ones? Only if they have no business sense at all. The reason F2P should not get skill capes is simple: JagEx wants your money, and your not going to give it to them if they give F2P new content. Simple as that.

triforceelf.png

Is this the real Syzygy?

Yup. Believe it or not .. i do post from time to time .. lol.

Considering you are among (or actually are, I dont really keep track of these things) the premier F2P players, whats your opinion on this? I have made mine known, but I would like to hear from someone who has so many of their skills in the 99's and is not a member. You said it would require game changes, but assuming it would not what would you say?

triforceelf.png

Is this the real Syzygy?

Considering you are among (or actually are, I dont really keep track of these things) the premier F2P players, whats your opinion on this? I have made mine known, but I would like to hear from someone who has so many of their skills in the 99's and is not a member. You said it would require game changes, but assuming it would not what would you say?

When Jagex decided to keep a free to play version of the game available for us to play, they mentioned that there would not be any updates made on our behalf. That being said, the decision to make skill capes available only to members is in line with this policy. Would I like it if they made skill capes available to f2pers. Sure, if they first increased free bank space to be able to handle them .. lol. ( Another update that is unlikely to happen based on the aforementioned policy.) I think we should view any update that free to play receives as a bonus, not something to be expected or anticipated. Just my opinion.

When Jagex decided to keep a free to play version of the game available for us to play, they mentioned that there would not be any updates made on our behalf. That being said, the decision to make skill capes available only to members is in line with this policy. Would I like it if they made skill capes available to f2pers. Sure, if they first increased free bank space to be able to handle them .. lol. ( Another update that is unlikely to happen based on the aforementioned policy.) I think we should view any update that free to play receives as a bonus, not something to be expected or anticipated. Just my opinion.

Ok, thank you very much for sharing your insiders opinion.

triforceelf.png

When Jagex decided to keep a free to play version of the game available for us to play, they mentioned that there would not be any updates made on our behalf.

Really? JAGeX said that. Niiiice, they are really kind. So we got the SoS, a great traning area for free, and all the other updates. I think they' re really kind, letting us play such a big game for free. And all we have to do is just look at some ads. How can some players still whine?

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

The guy in my avatar is Veso, a comedian mastermind.

Really? JAGeX said that. Niiiice, they are really kind. So we got the SoS, a great traning area for free, and all the other updates. I think they' re really kind, letting us play such a big game for free. And all we have to do is just look at some ads. How can some players still whine?

Greed, and a feeling that the world owes them something. Which is to say, the human condition.

triforceelf.png

Is this the real Syzygy?

Well hello. Thanks for posting your opinion :) Sorry if my question seemed a bit rude, but occasionally we get people who pretend to be one of the top RS players, so i just wanted to make sure ::'

I engineered this thread with precise variables that I know would cause lul-worthy flames.

Ammo931.png

I think they' re really kind, letting us play such a big game for free.

Runescape as we know it would not exist without f2p. However low you may think of us, for whatever absurd reason, we are the ones who provide most of the raw material of the entire RS-economy, and make up the majority of active players. Who honestly wants to mine iron ore, when there are other choices available in p2p that allow for millions (of GP) to be made in mere minutes?

I think they' re really kind, letting us play such a big game for free.

Runescape as we know it would not exist without f2p. However low you may think of us, for whatever absurd reason, we are the ones who provide most of the raw material of the entire RS-economy, and make up the majority of active players. Who honestly wants to mine iron ore, when there are other choices available in p2p that allow for millions (of GP) to be made in mere minutes?

very true. Hardly anyone would sign up for p2p if they had never tried p2p before. Hardly anyone starts RS for their very first time as a p2per.

Ammo931.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This should be an honor given to F2P. I say this because I myself am a pure F2P with a 99 skill. That skill is 99 Cooking. Most agree it is not admirable and easy..but hey-its an accomplishment that takes time and motivation! I have no way of showing that I have 99 Cooking. I tell somebody I'm 99 cooking..and most of the time..they don't believe me until they visit the RuneScape highscores and look me up.

For all of you P2Ps saying "We pay $5 USD! Noob F2Ps shouldn't get any items!" Well...I'm pretty sure that you haven't acquired every single P2P item to ever exist..so half of them are still a mystery to you.... Plus, you don't pay $5 USD per month just because of a skillcape now do you.. In fact, you might not even have a 99 skill!

BOTTOM LINE:F2PS NEED SKILLCAPES TO SHOW THEIR 99S!

Corruption Council -

http://corruption-clan.com/forum

Team TKO Blitz Leader - http://tko.rs-clans.com

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about Corruption or TKO Blitz.

i think that f2p do deserve skill capes.

and instead of a porta they should add extra NPC's shich you can buy them off =]

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

i think that f2p do deserve skill capes.

and instead of a porta they should add extra NPC's shich you can buy them off =]

Why? Do you understand the english word "debate"? It's kind of hard to debate your opinion when you don't have any proof I can rebut.

Even now I hold my original notion, the point of skill points is to award dedication, f2p players are dedicated too, give them the capes. Sure they aren't technically customers, but not ONE f2p person turned p2p based on getting skill capes which is Jagex's reason to keep things p2p.

This should be an honor given to F2P. I say this because I myself am a pure F2P with a 99 skill. That skill is 99 Cooking. Most agree it is not admirable and easy..but hey-its an accomplishment that takes time and motivation! I have no way of showing that I have 99 Cooking. I tell somebody I'm 99 cooking..and most of the time..they don't believe me until they visit the RuneScape highscores and look me up.

For all of you P2Ps saying "We pay $5 USD! Noob F2Ps shouldn't get any items!" Well...I'm pretty sure that you haven't acquired every single P2P item to ever exist..so half of them are still a mystery to you.... Plus, you don't pay $5 USD per month just because of a skillcape now do you.. In fact, you might not even have a 99 skill!

BOTTOM LINE:F2PS NEED SKILLCAPES TO SHOW THEIR 99S!

Nice one fast993! Congrats on getting 99 cooking! I personally don't even have lvl 60...lol :oops:

I think I know more about the members' world than some of the members who are saying that F2Pers don't deserve skillcapes. And I'm not joking.

BOTTOM LINE: F2P DESERVES SKILLCAPES. PERIOD.

My Blog

Join the Campaign for more F2P Bank Space!

[bleep], my parrot has better grammar than you.

4z9pgcp.gif

In my opinion f2pers shouldn't get skillcapes.

Main reason

They can't store them!

They don't have any extra space in their already stuffed banks to put skillcapes.

Also many of the reasons other people have said.

Why would we need to store them? We would be wearing them, would we not?

In my opinion f2pers shouldn't get skillcapes.

Main reason

They can't store them!

They don't have any extra space in their already stuffed banks to put skillcapes.

Also many of the reasons other people have said.

Why would we need to store them? We would be wearing them, would we not?

most who get skill capes want them trimmed and quick

so odds are you would have 2 or more.

F2p deserves capes because of the challenge it is to get them

but, i don't think it would be fair to give them skill capes

since members pay money for their updates, and the skill cape update changed the way many members play the game... basically this was a big deal, and only the paying customers are going to get the benefits.

Scrd_Silence.png

They deserve skillcapes.

Its harder to get a 99 in f2p, so they deserve credit, via the capes, even if they do not pay.

And nobody start moaning about them not paying so why should they get them....

I am p2p btw and i support f2p getting the capes.

Alex_Ewan 1.png

Goals achieved: lvl 99 Cooking, Fishing and Fletching.

Surrey CC and Liverpool FC fan for life!

Well, I just finished reading all 18 pages of this thread (non-stop too! :shock: ) and I must say, I'm sick of P2Pers telling F2P how $5 is nothing, then complaining about how they pay valuable money for all their extra stuff. Just seems kind of hypocritical to me.

Anyways, I don't think F2P deserves a skill cape, I think they deserve something better, considering how much more difficult it is to level up in F2P worlds. Frankly, you have a lot less resources and a lot more macros to deal with.

Of course, we all know that a snowball has a better chance of surviving in a volcano than F2P has of getting anything even resembling a skillcape (in physical appearance or otherwise).

(Insert fatigue-induced rant here)

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg