Update Days

jedidude77

I've been wondering myself how often updates came out on each day, so i set out today to find out for myself. I used the calander on my computer and the news acrchives on the RS homepage to count and tally how many times an update came out on each day for the past two years. Please note, I probably made a couple mistakes counting. As well, these tallys included everything that was marked on the updates besides behind the scenes (so it includes things that are not in-game updates).

Monday - 96 updates

Tuesday - 70 updates

Wednesday - 36 updates

Thursday - 14 updates

Friday - 3 updates

Saturday - 2 updates

Sunday - 1 updates

This totaled 222 updates. So the percentages are:

Monday - 43.2%

Tuesday - 31.5%

Wednesday - 16.2%

Thursday - 6.3%

Friday - 1.4%

Saturday - 0.9%

Sunday - 0.4%

There you go!

P.S. Yes, it did take a while. :XD:

yodaxq1.jpg

There's no such thing as "wireless." Just really long extension cords.

oooh. 0.4% on sundays.

on the first day he said let there be blue dragons and there was.......

on the second came the towns

on the third the weapon

on the fourth the shops

on the fifth the items

on the sixth the trees and gifts of nature.

and on the seventh he rested

And if you do all you can, that's all you can ever do. - Warren Rudman

But men are men; the best sometimes forget. - William Shakespeare

6bveg5y.jpg

LOL wow good job this is useful for people trying to get fire cape they now know it has to be gotten on a Sunday to avoid that update and die at Jad

if you see the update coming just log out and back in -.-

You have to be relly unlucky to be fighting jad exactly at the moment of the update.

JAGeX has always said that they try to have an update every Monday. Which you could see was the highest precentage. Just sometimes the update may get delayed to Tue. or Wen.

I agree those precentages seem right.

dragonmzammyvest,radford4.gif

When this goal reaches 91 I will have a purple p hat, to figure out how much I've gotten off it so far just times 150 mil by my precentage of the goal.

radford4.gif

JAGeX has always said that they try to have an update every Monday. Which you could see was the highest precentage. Just sometimes the update may get delayed to Tue. or Wen.

I don't ever remember anything of the sort. Also, they've never said they'd come out with an update every week, or Monday for that matter. :roll:

With help of excel, i went through the news page quickly and refined your data.

There's 251 game updates since the news begin. The breakdown is as following:

Sunday 1 0%

Monday 106 42%

Tuesday 84 33%

Wednesday 45 18%

Thursday 13 5%

Friday 1 0%

Saturday 1 0%

All I learned in life, I learned on Tip.it

LOL wow good job this is useful for people trying to get fire cape they now know it has to be gotten on a Sunday to avoid that update and die at Jad

You have to be relly unlucky to be fighting jad exactly at the moment of the update.

Some people do happen to fight Jad at update so to now avoid this:

Go Do Fight Caves on Sundays

Yeah not to mention that only an idiot would think "Wait, why the Hell would jagex update on a Monday?"

People complained(unsure if they still do) about doing fight caves when an update kicks in, which is really stupid.

Runeman231.png

GESig.gif

Update on Monday

Tweak on Tuesday

Nerf on Wednesday :lol:

Lol, This doesn't include some bug fixes they don't include in the news. Anyways this is some cool info

well today at 11:30 am 14 years ago i was born.. wo0t!!!
At 11:30 you should start holding your head underwater wo0t!!!
Stop acting such a moron.

I don't ever remember anything of the sort. Also, they've never said they'd come out with an update every week, or Monday for that matter. :roll:

There was a major poll awhile ago asking if whether or not we would like an update every week, or a nice big one every 2-3. An update every week won, and Jagex said they'll do their best to please the community. They even like, kept it up extra long so everyone could vote and reminded them.

61784167.jpg

It would be interesting to make a progression curve with those numbers. Progression would show us what the trend is tending to, thus what we could expect from the future. I'm guessing the trend is going towards tuesdays.

2480+ total

I was thinking about update days a little while ago and almost posted a topic on it. But since it's been started:

It seems to me that, as a business decision, it would be better to release updates closer to the weekend when more players can try them out and enjoy them. I couldn't really think of any compelling reasons why they would do the beginning of the week rather than the end, other than to give them time if they're running behind schedule.

I'm sure they have a perfectly sensible reason for doing early-week updates. Does anybody have an explanation?

o_knames.png

Maxed total levels

Remaining for Completionist Cape: Livid Farm spell (Borrowed Power)