Dragon armour - NOT SMITHING!

Well, i was kinda thinking a few days back a way for rs members to get dragon items such as Medium helmets, chains, dragon longs etc without the need for smithing them and i came up with this (sorry if it has been suggested before)

well first you need 98 mining, and a fair sum of money.

There is one dragon ore rock in the whole of RuneScape located in level 50-ish wildy where the hellhounds are (dead centre of them) and it requires 98 mining to mine it (obviously) with a respawn time of 5 hours or so.

~ 5 hours is a number i thought of that wouldn't crash the economy too much.

but to get actually get the armour, you'd need to do a quest whereby unlocking a special smith who is the only one in runescape who can smith the ore.

you take the ore to him + 27 coals and he smelts it and returns back a dragon bar.

the amount of bars you'd need for armour/ weapon is in direct respect to the number you'd need normally for making an armour/ weapon

Medium helmet - 1 bar required

Short sword - 1 bar required

Skirt/ Legs - 3 bars required

etc.

but heres the twist, the smith is located in an area surrounded by black dragons and other various harmful monsters (the smith has a mutual respect with the demons as he/ she would be half demon him/herself)

but heres the twist...

as the smith is the ONLY dragon smither in the land of RuneScape he requires a payment for his services, and this payment can span from 30k (dragon dagger) - 10mil (chain) - the chain being the most expensive dragon item at the time (would be changed for future dragon updates)

what do you think, flame, spam, comment, suggest, support!

~ outkast.

outkast%20r0se.gif

543rd to achieve 99 mining on july 31st 2007

I like the idea, the only thing wrong is, hot mountain is quite right,

RuneScape always has a decent reason for an incredible armour to be smithable, If it was, the game would be thrown way off course.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Items:

- Dragon items (pick axe,arrows, etc.) *

- Drop/use/make/bank/buy/sell all/X buttons or functions *

- Futuristic/Ninja/Samurai items/fighting styles/clothing/town *

- Guns (including any Holiday Item resembling a Gun)

- Member's items on Free-Play Worlds

- Stackable Essence/Ore/Flax/Bowstrings/Logs

- Using 2 Weapons *

Does this not fall into this not to suggest category? I know all that you are suggesting is being able to make them yourself (with help of an NPC).

Lion+O+1.png

Items:

- Using 2 Weapons *

Does this not fall into this not to suggest category? I know all that you are suggesting is being able to make them yourself (with help of an NPC).

I'm pretty sure jagex themselves said that nothing more to do with dragon would be released. So that sorta includes dragon smithing. Sorry if I'm wrong.

http://custom.leetscape.com/sig/63/70/combat.png[/img]

You just won the award for "The Most niave person on the Tip.it Boards!"]
*Points towards the monkey sitting on the button and declining every query*
Help me

No.

Items:

- Using 2 Weapons *

We do have 2 weapons on P2P.

A Weapon (e.g Whip) and Bronze to Rune defender from Warriors Guild.

Doesn't that count?

If that happened then Dragon Items can happen!

2eprbpj.png

smithing dragon is dumb... and all ores respawn after an update :roll:

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

Considering Smithing already has Rune Plate on the Level 99 mark... there is no room for more Smithing, and having an NPC to smith Dragon is... well, it sort of disadvantages Smiths, considering that you could (indirectly) smith a powerful armour type without having high Smithing.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

Items:

- Using 2 Weapons *

Doesn't that count?

Defenders are a shield, not a weapon.

Items:

- Using 2 Weapons *

Doesn't that count?

Defenders are a shield, not a weapon.

O Rly, try examining it, "A defensive weapon!

28u7f5g.jpg

danke Schon Sam!^^

"Blood runs thicker, oh were thick as thieves you know"

-Carl Barât

this idea is VERY bad from my point of view... think again, hmmm oops i just made a dragon chain, i wonder what i should do with it?? ahhh i know it, lets sell it for 10mil because then i sell it easy

*1 week l8er*

YAY i finally got a dragon chain from KQ!!! WHAT THE!!! only 4mil for my chain... i worked so hard for it!!! no fair, now i quit runescape :wall:

would kinda ruin the idea of KQ and dust devils and all the other monsters why drop d items

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

Exactly. Lots of dragon items are rare monster drops, and will stay that way. Besides, it will be unfair to Smiths. The best they could do is smith Rune armour and weapons, yet someone could have no Smithing levels and make something that is in every way, superior to Rune.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

It sounds like a good idea, but that would ruin the work to get them. That is why in order to make full rune it is so hard. The reason behind having difficulty to get dragon is set that way. Although a good idea, it would ruin the work.

1/= '/0(_) C4/\/ R34D 7H15 7H3/\/ '/0(_) J(_)57 G07 />\/\//\/7!!!!!!!!!!

http://sig.runeweb.net/sig/12/Mortifyer1.png

Mortifyer1.png

Guest ShadowClawe
Items:

- Using 2 Weapons *

Ok this is off-topic but...

The Ghostbuster500 for the 2006 Halloween event definately resembled a gun.

Btw Since i'm not a member...Well I know everyone wants dragon armor, making them smithable would ruin the RuneScape economy.

i have a feeling you came up with this idea because your mining/smithing lvls are so high. dragon items are supposed to be ultra rare and expensive. you could put dragon ores/bars at 99 and slap a 5 hour time delay on them, but there isn't enough time in the world that would fix that problem. until the lvl 80 def armor comes out (and theres no proof that it ever will) dragon is going to remain to be ultra hard to get and expensive. but it will NEVER be player made...unless Jagex really goes insane and makes the skill lvls go up to say...200?

bottom line: dragon bars will never be

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

How exactly can you mine a live creature #-o Last time I checked that was called killing. Only way you'd be able to make dragon armour is if you sometimes got dragon scales when you killed a dragon. You'd get like 5 usable scales, and you would need something like 10,000 scales for a d-chain. 10,000 seems reasonable for something that wasn't supposed to be made in the first place, needs hundreds, probably thousands of chain links, and isnt even metal. They would be an uncommon drop, not too rare but definitly not common. That's the most I think Jagex would do if they were forced to do this, but they better not - I'll despise them for it.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

Nice idea, but dragon simply isn't supposed to be player-made.

and also ur methods of getting the neccessary supplies is near impossible, how do u last against dragons with no food(since all ur invent. is ores), and ppl would camp there waiting for d ore drops, it wouldnt work

ironmdefault,demon%20x%20lord.gif

pure:demon_x_king

How exactly can you mine a live creature #-o Last time I checked that was called killing. Only way you'd be able to make dragon armour is if you sometimes got dragon scales when you killed a dragon. You'd get like 5 usable scales, and you would need something like 10,000 scales for a d-chain. 10,000 seems reasonable for something that wasn't supposed to be made in the first place, needs hundreds, probably thousands of chain links, and isnt even metal. They would be an uncommon drop, not too rare but definitly not common. That's the most I think Jagex would do if they were forced to do this, but they better not - I'll despise them for it.

... What? You do realise that Dragonite is a metal and not real dragon scales? If I want armour made of dragonscales I would get dragonhide. Dragonite is a metal from Frenaskae, the dimension where the Mahjarrat comes from - warriors introduced into Gielinor during the god Wars. The armour and weapons they used were made of Dragonite.

~Toxicologist~

• 2 weeks later...

wow a whole thread about how to ruin the economy...great fun :wall:

anyway armor ( chains, helmets etc. ) are currently obtained by killing monsters. This is how jagex introduced it and that's how it works... If they were going to make it smitheable, don't you think they wouldn't have made it smitheable in the first place instead of very rarely droped?