Rarest skillcapes in the game!Ranks(UPDATED with more 99's)

kamykazee

So i have managed to make a rank of the rarest skillcapes in rs.I know this issue has been debated before about which skill is hardest,most respected,etc.

With these ranking i hope we can shed some light on some of these matters.

So here we go:

1.Construction - 118 (1 more)

2.Herblore - 168 (Unchanged)<----ehem a bit embarrasing :oops:

3.Farming - 173 (2 more)

4.Runecraft - 207 (2 more)

5.Slayer - 257 (1 more)

6.Agility - 272 (3 more)

7.Mining - 409 (1 more)

8.Crafting - 441 (6 more)

9.Hunter - 460 (5 more)

10.Smithing - 554 (1 more)

11.Thieving - 1,277 (5 more)

12.Prayer - 1,663 (19 more)

13.Fishing - 2,001 (20 more)

14.Firemaking - 2,089 (16 more)

15.Magic - 4,567 (24 more)

16.Woodcutt - 4,963 (32 more)

17.Ranged - 5,547 (23 more)

18.Defence - 8,876 (41 more)

19.Hps - 10,817 (48 more)

20.Fletching - 14,052 (69 more)

21.Cooking - 14,738 (103 more)<---- off the scale!

22.Attack - 15,335 (69 more)

23.Strenght - 16,975 (77 more)

Well thats it!Hmm interesting...

Seems that construction is top of our list and strenght at the other side.

Please feel free to comment.

Note:If this has already been done or is in any way breaking the rules of any sort please contact me.

Thanks!

UPDATE:I updated how many people had 99 on each skill and added how many more level 99's there are since 2 days ago.

Final1.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i cant say i agree that which ever skill has the most 99s is tha hardest. I mean con is top on that list, and yet someone with alot of money can just sit there for hrs with his servent and a large pile of planks and cash. i think soloing rc is probs hardest along with farming proberbly

woot 1st post

emrea.png

emrea.gif

Agreed.But it does show a trend(or lack of one) in some.For example 99 str is popular for staking and many pures have it.

Also hunter,which has only been for around 5 months is already 9th placed,thus IMO showing it is one of the easiest skills yet.

Final1.jpg

those are people with 99 in the skill though

99 miners consist of many autoers from rs1 AND most are non-members.

so the least CAPES would most likely be mining, since the other 99 skills are members and theres pretty much no 99 runecraft non-member.

Bbc_3.gif

4000000657th to 99 cookin

555555406th to 99 flethcin

23.Strenght - 16,898

GF Pest Control. icon_redface.gif

(Says the man with the void in his signature. Ohhh, the irony.)

chesssigtexttipitlt0.jpg

Stunning signature created by the one and only My Boggy.

Just like Columbus he gets murderous on purpose

i think there was a thread on this before but it doesn't surprise me that the combat stats are at the end of the list, the only thing that kinda surprised me was that mining which has been around for like 6 years only has 408 people with 99

Don't Click This

ironmfmcape,dominator428.gif

774th to 99 hunting on July 16th 2007

23.Strenght - 16,898

GF Pest Control. icon_redface.gif

(Says the man with the void in his signature. Ohhh, the irony.)

That's different. You use the points for the clothing, not the xp. Well maybe you were going for both. I don't know you at all.

Quit RuneScape :)

I still think slayer and rcing are the hardest to get there just more popular and not nearly as costly to get as the top 3. The one that surprises me is defence I figured it would be up there with attack considering the primary weapon of choice to train both skills is a whip. Guess its just not as popular as the other melee styles.

~>~Check Out My Bursting Guide~<~

Current goals - 99 Slayer, 99 Summoning, 85 Dungeoneering

Achieved goals - Quest Cape, 99 Strength, 85 Slayer, 99 Range, 88 Summoning, 90 Slayer, 99 Magic, 99 Farming

The one that surprises me is defence I figured it would be up there with attack considering the primary weapon of choice to train both skills is a whip. Guess its just not as popular as the other melee styles.

Lower lvl pkers want ko their enemy, not to be un-ko-able.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

The one that surprises me is defence I figured it would be up there with attack considering the primary weapon of choice to train both skills is a whip. Guess its just not as popular as the other melee styles.

Lower lvl pkers want ko their enemy, not to be un-ko-able.

Is there really close to 7000 pures with 99 attack making up the difference between it and defence

~>~Check Out My Bursting Guide~<~

Current goals - 99 Slayer, 99 Summoning, 85 Dungeoneering

Achieved goals - Quest Cape, 99 Strength, 85 Slayer, 99 Range, 88 Summoning, 90 Slayer, 99 Magic, 99 Farming

i cant say i agree that which ever skill has the most 99s is tha hardest. I mean con is top on that list, and yet someone with alot of money can just sit there for hrs with his servent and a large pile of planks and cash. i think soloing rc is probs hardest along with farming proberbly

woot 1st post

But the point is (as has been made in other threads) that people still have to earn that money some how... And clearly, not many people can afford to get 99 cons, or, they choose to spend their money on other (cheaper) skills. Therefore the skill itself might be quick to level, but is inherently difficult because of the time needed on other skills/activities to earn that money.

If you were to choose to try and level construction to 99 without spending money (mine limestone, make bricks) it would be equally as hard as runecrafting through the abyss!

Mordendravid.png

Well by definition, the rarest cape is construction.

But its only been out a year, so if it was out say 4 yrs like crafting then it would have 400ish people as well assuming the current leveling rate.

A population versus time number would be a more interesting measure to me.

I think the ranks of that number would look more like this instead.

Herblore

Runescraft

Agility

Slayer

Mining

Farming

Crafting

Construction

Smithing

So on...

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Construction and Crafting are two of my favorite skills

Just because they're cool and have alot of benefits

(And because as we see here not alot of people have high levels of those two skills...)

You could easily get a three digit rank at 80 construction and that's just sad,

Just because everyone says construction is dumb and has no use...

One day when I somehow get 100m, 99 construction is the 1st on my list of things to buy. :D

2czeqeh.jpg

So how exactly did u get this information??

you just go to the highscores and see how many people have a 99 in a skill, then compare.

Anyway, i am surprised on str...didn't think it would be rarer than say cooking. Hm, interesting. Anyway, other than that..its all pretty expected.

Strength sure is popular...

I thought either herblore, runecrafting, or construction would be one of the smaller amounts since they are harder to train or costly.

99 Fletch~~99 WC~~79/81 Fishing

87/94 Magic~~84 Range

Etha! Saradomin Forever~CW

CB: 107 Total: 1788+

ON BREAK

woot 1st post

But look at the amount of people with 99 construction.. Clearly not a lot of people have that amount of cash to spend. Getting the 120m or so necessary for 99 construction certainly is an accomplishment and is very hard to do. Just because you can buy all the materials for the skill does not mean that the money needed for it just appears out of thin air. You have to essentially do two skills to get there - one to make money (like runecraft), and then actually train construction.

Overall, I'm not surprised with the list. Judging by the skill capes you see and 'expected skills' of people, I had an estimated list almost formulated in my mind. None of them appeared as a real shocker, I don't think.

I'm not even too surprised with mining. Yes, it has been out for a long time, but a very large percentage of the 'RS population' find mining to be excessively boring. At least with runecrafting people are motivated to get 99, because they make hundreds of millions of gp along the way. But with mining, the only logical way to go about getting 99 would be to mine and drop Iron. There is no profit in that and it takes a very long time. Most people, I'd think, just aren't motivated to get 99 in that skill.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

im a bit shocked about the str one, but i think that is bcuz there are a lot of pures with 99 str. #-o ..right.. :? ?

1135127668459c038738feavy8.gif

capeachievestrks8.gif<>26 april 2007

*ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâôÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâè)

ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâø.ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃââÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâôÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâø.ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ*ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâôÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâè) ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâø.ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ*ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâè)

(ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâø.ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃââÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâô (ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâø.ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ*RaceThunder