new lunar spells?

Our quest in May will bring us back to Lunar Isle, and will offer new spells to add to your lunar spell book. A young adventurer called Cyrisus will find himself trapped and frozen by fear and depression, and it will be up to you to bring him out of his misery. Someone who canÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t even make it to the Moon Clan town is unlikely to be able to survive long in the dream world, so youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ll also be asked to guide him and become his Dream Mentor. What horrors await you inside his addled mind?

they say a new quest will be released and there are new lunar spells as a reward...hmm what do you think new spells will do? i hope those will be combat spells (Even though im sure there wont be combat spells) but if not maybe uhh.....well i dont have any ideas for new ,unar spells what do you think?

EDIT:well...msot of you (And me too) hoped for tanning spell...no tanning spell :cry: but there is a plank spell :D i havent done the quest yet but i saw on updates page about it and im happy l0l

Those familiar with the ways of the Moonclan will find this week's quest of most valuable interest. With massive and dangerous (not to mention bizarre) beasts to defeat and new spells to learn, there should be plenty to appeal to you.

Waiting for your help on Lunar Isle is a tormented, weak and dying man. Attacked by the native Suqah, he lies in the rune essence mine on the north-east tip of the island. Would you help a fellow adventurer down on his luck?

Choosing to help, you'll find a tough adventure to revisit the dream lands. Be prepared for real danger this time as you'll be battling the monstrous incarnations of a twisted mind. You'll no doubt meet up with familiar faces and get to grips with a selection of new spells for the Lunar Spellbook! The new spells will let you see your foes' strengths and weaknesses, make your own planks, speak to even more NPCs and much more.

Are you a perfect teacher or a guide to slumbering hallucinations? You can decide when you're a Dream Mentor.

Summary

Requirements to begin Dream Mentor

Lunar Diplomacy

Eadgar's Ruse

Seal of Passage

Combat Level 85

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dragonmghost,flava%20falcon.gif

support new ghostly stuff here.

I see RuneScape slowly turning into a sadistic version of WoW.

.signature your as this use backwards this read to enough smart were you If

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think new teleports are def on the cards too.. a moonclan ... tele would be nice.

I believe the first teleport on the Lunar spells is a teleport to Moonclan?

There's a chance that the lvl reqs will parallel some of the exising spells.

We could expect some more potion sharing, possibly food sharing and maybe a Wide-Cast stat boost spell that will really burn runes.

I'm hoping for one that will bake cakes for us.

Oh man. That would be so sweet.

lol i doubt that will happend and if it will it will be a waste of runes and probably low xp if you want cakes just steal in ardy its a fast stall

I'm hoping for more teleport spells. The main thing I use Magic for is for teleportation.

To be honest there are 3 spells that the Lunar Spell needs before I would consider using it on a permanently basis.

Home Port

The fact that it don't require any runes, not any magic levels, and don't take up space in your inventory/equipment make this a very appreciated spell from my side.

House Tele

I use this all the time, my house is filled with stuff I cant live without. Prayer altar for recharging and prayer training. Teleport room with essential teleports, and a mounted glory. It is also 100% essential for construction training.

High alchemy

Not going into details here, I use it mostly when I'm on slayer tasks. Essential for fletching training etc.

fredzsodbtt6.jpg

21 lag piles, 4 Pjs, 2 Party hat kills, 67 newbs teached.

Getting those ( stringing stuff, baking stuff , etc ) is better

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

I hope they are good.. because right now there are too few spells of any use to bother staying on Lunars.

~q

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

If there is some sort of equivalent to high or low alchemy, then I'm going to stay on lunar spells for the rest of my RS life. Thats all the spell set needs to be a perfect skiller set.

what about using spells to fight?

I hope this new quest will be more of a challenge, on the level of a Master quest :D

It'll make obtaining the Quest Cape even more worthwhile. :thumbsup:

that means it'll be harder for me to wear my qp cape again :x i hate it when new hard quests are released i have had enough of those and its annoying enough to keep my qp cape with easy quests :wall:

I hope they are good.. because right now there are too few spells of any use to bother staying on Lunars.

~q

thats what i thought too :-k

Probaly something useless like burning logs without tinderbox or teleport to penguin agility course.

^ im with him

ive used lunars once since ive got the quest done, and it was just for gathering snapes.

Probaly something useless like burning logs without tinderbox or teleport to penguin agility course.

it will be mre than 2 spells....i think :-k but burning logs without tinderbox? jagex will never do that lol and if they do no one will use it probably you better just use a tinderbox----> it doesnt cost runes :thumbsup:

I don't mind the spells being high level, but to me the Teleport spells cost too many Laws. I love Farming, but why waste 3 Laws to go to Catherby when you can just use 1 to go to Camelot?

Berrakus.png

Dragon Drops - 10 Meds, 9 Legs, 5 Skirts, 2 Left Half

PM me to have any potions made or crafting done

lunar is mainly a skiller-oriented spellbook. so i think offensive spells are out of the question :shame:

for combat purposes, we might see more teamwork spells like the shared stat boost thingamajig.

also, a lot of lunar spells are aimed at replacing tools (supercompost, plant cures) or skilling infrastructure (superglass makes furnace unneccessary, etc). following that theme, we might expect:

- a spell to light logs, lanterns etc without a tinderbox

- a spell to wet all dry clay in your inv (for all those who can't be bothered to craft bracelets)

- a spell that fires all unfired pottery in your inv with 100% chance of success

- a spell for cutting gems without a chisel

- a spell for digging without a shovel

- a spell that fills all vials in your inv with water

- a spell to cure diseased trees (replacing the need for secateurs)

- a lockpicking spell (100% chance of success, might replace lockpicks where neccessary)

- a spell to lower the percentage of burnt fish / meat when cooking

etc etc

new teleports would be nice too... tele to neitiznot ftw <3:

lunar is mainly a skiller-oriented spellbook. so i think offensive spells are out of the question :shame:

for combat purposes, we might see more teamwork spells like the shared stat boost thingamajig.

also, a lot of lunar spells are aimed at replacing tools (supercompost, plant cures) or skilling infrastructure (superglass makes furnace unneccessary, etc). following that theme, we might expect:

- a spell to light logs, lanterns etc without a tinderbox

- a spell to wet all dry clay in your inv (for all those who can't be bothered to craft bracelets)

- a spell that fires all unfired pottery in your inv with 100% chance of success

- a spell for cutting gems without a chisel

- a spell for digging without a shovel

- a spell that fills all vials in your inv with water

- a spell to cure diseased trees (replacing the need for secateurs)

- a lockpicking spell (100% chance of success, might replace lockpicks where neccessary)

- a spell to lower the percentage of burnt fish / meat when cooking

etc etc

new teleports would be nice too... tele to neitiznot ftw <3:

i doubt burning logs without tinderbox and i dont think they will release a lockpicking spell

Going with the craft theme of super glass make etc, how about a tan hide spell? I think new teleports are def on the cards too.. a moonclan and neitiznot/jatizso tele would be nice.

that would be so awesome :D

krikke321.png

Computers will never be above humans because we made them.

That's what monkeys used to say about us.