Interview With Andrew

highlanders

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm jagex get about ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã3,000,000 a month from members (im saying that because jagex seem to charge the same ill all countrys useing exchange rates.) so they are definatly paying 40% tax, thats over a million ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã taken off strate away. so lets say that leavs 2 million. with all the servers that they have and staf i would be suprised if they made ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã500,000 a month. saying that though its still a LOT of money

dante_14.png

~1733rd person to 99 fishing. Achived on april fools day 07 :)~

Do you plan on using the same underlying engine going forward - are there newer ones in the works?

AG: We plan to continue to use this same engine. We have been very pleased with the technology we've used with RuneScape, and we'll continue to develop future products and games using this same engine.

Anyone care to speculate on those future products and games?

hmmm jagex get about ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã3,000,000 a month from members (im saying that because jagex seem to charge the same ill all countrys useing exchange rates.) so they are definatly paying 40% tax, thats over a million ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã taken off strate away. so lets say that leavs 2 million. with all the servers that they have and staf i would be suprised if they made ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã500,000 a month. saying that though its still a LOT of money

I said this about 3 pages ago (almost word-for-word) :wall:

Duh, but 5M is plenty enough to cover their expenses :lol:

Mostly, they gotta pay the servers, and why do they have so many servers? Because the game is so popular that they had to add a bunch. Wow, poor jagex boohoo :boohoo:

I also read somewhere that they only employed 200 people, I could be wrong though.

So did I o.O

DO NOT PM ME IF I'M ONLINE!!

Don't swear DIK-HEAD!!!! :evil:

Omg, Bob is Zaros :P

4lzcdxw.jpg

I will kill all who come within 1 square of me!!
I own you noob!
Where's your fire cape then noob?!?!
You hurt my feelings

It might just be the fact that the younger players are more vocal, while more adult players play quieter and keep to themselves.

time to get loud and annoying to get better updates...

The problem is that if we get loud and annoying, Jagex will think we are little kids

It might just be the fact that the younger players are more vocal, while more adult players play quieter and keep to themselves.

time to get loud and annoying to get better updates...

The problem is that if we get loud and annoying, Jagex will think we are little kids

lol true

dragonmghost,flava%20falcon.gif

support new ghostly stuff here.

I see RuneScape slowly turning into a sadistic version of WoW.

.signature your as this use backwards this read to enough smart were you If

lol did you? guess grate minds think alike lol. :mrgreen:

dante_14.png

~1733rd person to 99 fishing. Achived on april fools day 07 :)~

damn I can't believe how successful jagex has become. when I started I remember how dorky the game was. Now this nerd who just simply loved creating games is raking in over $60 million a year.

[combat level: 124][skill total: 1,800+][quest points: 260][Mining: ??]

guthan.gifgoodol.gif

AFTER 8 YEARS OF PLAYING - PERM BANNED

neocrosby.png

Go Vegan!

Do you plan on using the same underlying engine going forward - are there newer ones in the works?

AG: We plan to continue to use this same engine. We have been very pleased with the technology we've used with RuneScape, and we'll continue to develop future products and games using this same engine.

Anyone care to speculate on those future products and games?

They're in the process of making a new game with the same engine. They used to have a few job openings open for it (on the corporate site), but they've apparently filled them now because none of the current job openings are specifically for a new game (either for runescape or for broader stuff, like the website/customer support/etc)

Blooblyblobl.gif

Legends quest completed at lvl 47 on X Legendre X

#3056 to 99 firemaking, achieved on July 4th, 2007.

Tied for #1854 to 99 farming, achieved on September 3rd, 2008.

lol its ALOT less than $5m going in their pockets (salaries server costs etc etc)

=D> to rs for finally hitting the 1m mark though

There are taxes that hit them very hard (thank the government for that), than they have the salaries as you stated, server costs, website hosting and the basic fees for their companies building.

But, still after all of that, they make a ton of profit.

runemmage,Falconmage4.gif

Mostly, they gotta pay the servers, and why do they have so many servers? Because the game is so popular that they had to add a bunch. Wow, poor jagex boohoo :boohoo:

I also read somewhere that they only employed 200 people, I could be wrong though.

So did I o.O

http://www.jagex.com/corporate/index.ws

Go to that link, then press credits.. You'll realise how many staff members they have.. :shock:

Returned 10/03/2010 after a two year break.

Filly_Suck.png

lol did you? guess grate minds think alike lol. :mrgreen:

you should learn accounting at school guys, you dont pay tax on your actual sales, you pay it on your profit

3,000,000 per month sales

less approx 350 staff at 30k per annum (average) say 1,000,000

less server costs, and computer maintenance and office rent etc for the staff above say 800,000 per month

3,000,000-1,000,000-800,000 = 1,200,000 profit

@40% tax thats 400k leaving 800k net profit per month

Thats almost 10m in the owners/ shareholders pockets per year

Not bad for being a D & D Nerd. Good Work Andrew

barrowsmguthan,bob%20baldrick.gif

So did I o.O

http://www.jagex.com/corporate/index.ws

Go to that link, then press credits.. You'll realise how many staff members they have.. :shock:

I remember when the team was 12 people....

Sig.jpg