Interview With Andrew

highlanders

woot woot woot, well done jagex.. i m paying for members since the members came out.. 2003..

hope they update the rs world/skills before any new skill..

bring something COOL for smithers.. lol

Demario.png

My vengeance is everything..

..everything must come to an end

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no its 1.000.000

whatever..

OT:if they would ip ban all autoers...

its so simple!

just put a j mod in a random f2p world at yews and ban every lvl3 with smale beard and no hair :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

changing your ip is very easy, I can do it now in a second. They always ban all of the macro accounts, in fact, just by finding one macro, they can ban all of them that are run by the same person, using their ip. But they will just change their ip, come back, and make new macro accounts.

Autoers rule...leave them alone....they bring down prices <3:

Anyway I persnally thought it wwas already this..mabye even higher

but still ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã60 mill a year plus advertising revenue please ? <3:

i can ensure, australia does not pay $5 or less. our credit is $8.50 i think and pay by phone is $12.00.

for some reason i have a hunch on if its realy andrew as i did notice some obvious spelling mistakes. (i -> a) but then again its proberly just rushed, i mean cant spend time checking spelling when u have a multi-million dollar game to host/make/run. as to malo's theory, thy havent just knocked down macroers with ease, level 60 woodcuting isnt a walk to get to (what with clicking) i've seen few pople look like macro's caz of hair etc but they said they were in rush and would fix looks later.

Popoto.~<3

Interesting. I know why RS's first name was Devious Mud now. \'

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

As someone who started when there were 3 serves and no more than 200 people on them...im blown away

I honestly wish I could have been there. Truely :(

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

^ same, I'd kill for a chance to have been there from the start - not just for the earlier holiday drops but to experience this atmosphere and game that all the veterans talk about.

But yeah, nice to see Jagex is still growing and is successful.

Its more than 5 mil a month though...5 mil would be the minimum they are getting, some places it's more than 5 a month.

Yes but all of that adds up to around 5 US dollars I believe. You also have to subtract the server rent for 140 servers. I also heard they have to pay for bankspace, it takes up space in the game or something. They also get money off ads, and from what I heard a considerable amount. I'm sure there's lots of other minor things that add up to be a large amount, so I doubt they can actually say they profit 5M a month. Even 500,000 would still be amazing.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

Interesting read 8-)

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

I noticed that nearly a month ago that the 1 Millionth Fletcher was ranked 31, which told me that there were at least 1 Million subscribers.

Still though, you think with all the money they have now (even deducting the salaries, and server costs) they could have a little bit of cash left over to improve the macro detection, and to improve the graphics a bit.

thats over 1 million subscribers on highscores list, (some on highscores have quit)

sig.jpg

I noticed that nearly a month ago that the 1 Millionth Fletcher was ranked 31, which told me that there were at least 1 Million subscribers.

Still though, you think with all the money they have now (even deducting the salaries, and server costs) they could have a little bit of cash left over to improve the macro detection, and to improve the graphics a bit.

that means nothing people can stop being members you know....

dragonmghost,flava%20falcon.gif

support new ghostly stuff here.

I see RuneScape slowly turning into a sadistic version of WoW.

.signature your as this use backwards this read to enough smart were you If

For some reason I'm ever more mad their priorities aren't to get rid of macroers, remove some dangerous glitches, stop the scamming (new players are still dieing with the old "wine of zamorak" scam), etc. And I'm sure Qeltar will agree with me.

actualy they removed the door there... \'

Why dont they just invest 1 million dollars into getting rid of macros? !million would probably bring them down quite a lot, and less people might be encouraged to quit, so in the long run theyll get their money back.

urrrm this isn't solve world hunger....1 million into solving macroing...lol you can't just solve it by using money on it.....

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....

Congratulations to Jagex on reaching 100000 members. =D>

I'm fed up with people, like the poster, whinging about the RS graphics. Graphics are not the attraction of RS. If it was then no-one would play it. There are a lot of other MMORPGs on the internet with fantastic graphics (we all know what they are), but I have yet to find one with such in-depth gameplay as RS. Before you flame me - yes I have tried these other games and normally get bored within a few weeks, but RS has kept my interest now for more than 4 years.

RS is unique in the MMORPG field, so lets consider its attractions :

1. The game can be played anywhere on any PC - all you need is an internet connection (any kind) and a browser. I know of one person who plays RS on an old 386PC with windows 95 and IE4 over a 56k dial up internet connection. Many of the other games require large amounts of disc space for a multi MB client and have minimum specifications for a PC and network connection.

2. You can play the free version forever if that is what you want. Most other games have a maximum trial period after which you have to become a member or create a new charcter and start again. Others only let you reach a certain level and no higher unless you pay.

3. The cost. Membership of RS is a mere $5 per month. Most of the other games are at least double, if not treble this.

4. You don't have to purchase an initial game before you can play. Some of the games require you to buy software to install on your PC at a cost of around ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã30 and THEN make you pay a subscription

5. Regular updates (whether you like them or not). I cannot think of another game that has such regular updates.

6. Content. RS has a greater depth of content than any other game I know of as there a multitude of things to suit all types of player (some even that Jagex did not anticipate like merchants and "pures").

All in all, IMO, these attractions far outweigh the minor probelm with the graphics.

As for getting $5M per month is concerned that is gross income, not profit. From that Jagex has to pay for servers (currently around 140 of them), network bandwidth, staff costs (in the region of 200-300 people) and the cost of accomodation for all those people. I would expect that these cost would use up around 95% of the initial $5M.

no its 1.000.000

whatever..

OT:if they would ip ban all autoers...

its so simple!

just put a j mod in a random f2p world at yews and ban every lvl3 with smale beard and no hair :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

they already IP ban :roll:

Duh, but 5M is plenty enough to cover their expenses :lol:

Mostly, they gotta pay the servers, and why do they have so many servers? Because the game is so popular that they had to add a bunch. Wow, poor jagex boohoo :boohoo:

I also read somewhere that they only employed 200 people, I could be wrong though.

I read it to somewhere! *gasp* :lol: =D> :-$

DO NOT PM ME IF I'M ONLINE!!

Don't swear DIK-HEAD!!!! :evil:

Omg, Bob is Zaros :P

4lzcdxw.jpg

I will kill all who come within 1 square of me!!
I own you noob!
Where's your fire cape then noob?!?!
You hurt my feelings

^ same, I'd kill for a chance to have been there from the start - not just for the earlier holiday drops but to experience this atmosphere and game that all the veterans talk about.

But yeah, nice to see Jagex is still growing and is successful.

Haha, I was there, trust me, it wasn't that great.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Why dont they just invest 1 million dollars into getting rid of macros? !million would probably bring them down quite a lot, and less people might be encouraged to quit, so in the long run theyll get their money back.
More people would probably quit from the lack of autoers actually. Without autoers raw materials usch as longs, bowstrings, ores, fish, all that stuff would be like 10x more expensive. Lots of people dont realise how different the game would be without them...
sig5235ro7.jpg

More people would probably quit from the lack of autoers actually. Without autoers raw materials usch as longs, bowstrings, ores, fish, all that stuff would be like 10x more expensive. Lots of people dont realise how different the game would be without them...

Or perhaps honest players could actually do some of those skills without having to deal with all the autoers, picking up the slack.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

Its more than 5 mil a month though...5 mil would be the minimum they are getting, some places it's more than 5 a month.

im pretty sure the reason its 7/month with pay-by-cash and stuff like that is because the extra 2 goes to pay-by-cash, jagex only gets 5/month no matter how you buy it.

redbullsigortiz.jpg

I would quite like to know what jagex's profit is per annum, i assume that Jagex is an LTD rather than a PLC so we'll probably never know. Its nice to say our revenue is 5 million a month but for all we know they could be losing 500k a month.

Edit: also if Jagex is an ltd they are under no obligation to release any financial figures and thusly they might be lying :evil: