The Ultimate Guide to Herblore

lavaownz

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice guide on one of my favourite skills; much needed. =D>

The only correction I might suggest is that successfully growing herbs in farming yeilds a minimum of five herbs. I think you said three. :?:

Other than that, well done on creating a detailed guide on a skill that would otherwise seem quite straightforward. ::'

:thumbsup:

Don't follow me. You might not make it.

All your accounts are belong to us now.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator

You also missed the option to collect herbs from the kingdom of miscellania. I have from my kingdom and received a lot of herblore experience from it. They charge you 826.4gp per herb and no Guam or Marrentill is collected.

I agree with the kingdom management scheme. If you get them to collect herbs up to the max' and lets say fishing on the side, you can generate about 700k from potion sales with about 500k invested and thats not including the 750 raw swordies and 1500 raw tuna.

I estimate the XP to be in the region of 45,000 per week. (Invest 1.3M, cost 500k, returns 700k = 200k profit - keep favour up to 100% - go back in 7 days and refresh).

During that time you can collect seconds, vials etc and merchant unids. You neglected the merchanting part if you want to collect herbs quickly.

Might I recommend when you're starting out in Herblore and intend to level the skill, NEVER to sell any unids. It can mean the difference in gaining a level whenever you are in a position to make the next potion up.

I think money-making comes into it because it can be more than self-funding once you can make prayer and super strength pots. And you need money to get serious with this skill.

Rozanante.png

Rozanante.png

Still the proud owner of Quest Cape since 8th December 2007

All skills used to be 70 or higher. (Dang you Dungeoneering. Oh wait, it's not a skill...)

Drops: Whips 8, Black Mask 8, D/Skirt 1, D/Spear 1, D/Shield Left Half 1, D/Boots 12, G/Maul 4, Range Ammy 1, Hexcrest 1.

Here is where you can farm Herbs:

After farming herbs you will get around 3-11 herbs each time

TIP: Using magic Secateurs (from Fairy Tale part 1) increase your amount of herbs by 10% automatically giving you a minimum of 4 herbs when you farm.

Its actually possible to get 12 herbs from one patch if you use supercompost and magic secateurs. (I just did it)

I've never seen Sixth Sense nor Inception nor many other popular movies and I intend to keep it that way.

Here is where you can farm Herbs:

After farming herbs you will get around 3-11 herbs each time

TIP: Using magic Secateurs (from Fairy Tale part 1) increase your amount of herbs by 10% automatically giving you a minimum of 4 herbs when you farm.

Its actually possible to get 12 herbs from one patch if you use supercompost and magic secateurs. (I just did it)

the current max recorded, and believed herb max is 18 which was recorded before the magic secrataurs, so im guessing its 19-20.

so far the guide has improved. you might want to totally revamp it from one document to another as it gets confusing with all the add-ins

newsignature1fs8.png

Thanks for the tip, I will try and get to that, bolding parts in the sections, Making the tiltles a larger font. I will try to do that when I finish adding little things to my guide (price guide, more monsters ect)

On the farming thing:

I have never herd of a person getting more than 12, and personally never got more than 10, I will quote that in my guide, but I am not 100% sure that its true...

63herb3-1.jpg

Rofl. My chair has a fridge, a cooler, a toilet, a shower, and a barbecue bulit in.

Hey, I may have quite Runescape, but I just bought an XBOX 360 and play way to much COD4 with the Gamertag Lava Mage

Lava - On my way to 77 farming I have farmed 13 Snapdragons twice now, and 12 ranars once. All others were less than 12 herbs per seed. I always use super compost and magic secaturs. On a usual day I can get in 2 to 3 rounds of farming just the herb plots.

The 13 Snaps were from the Trollweis garden the first time, and the Ardo gardent he next. The Ranars were from the Catherby plot. I do graph all of my farming yields to track my profits per seed.

I dont know kama, you seem somwhat annoyed

I am not saying that you cant get more than 12, im just saying that if it only happend twice, even at your high level, I must say its not a common outcome of planting herbs.

63herb3-1.jpg

Rofl. My chair has a fridge, a cooler, a toilet, a shower, and a barbecue bulit in.

Hey, I may have quite Runescape, but I just bought an XBOX 360 and play way to much COD4 with the Gamertag Lava Mage

Tip: The gnome stronghold restocks 3-4 of chocolate dust + bars if you close and re-open the window.

qp2xg4.jpg

My Ranging Guild Mini - Game Guide!

My Warrior's Guild - Melee and Mage XP (What?!) Guide!

Quest Cape Recieved On 2/2/07

Barrows Drops: Torags Helm, Guthans skirt x2, Karils skirt, Torags plate, Ahrims staff, Guthans helm

..Another way to collect Snape Grass:

Have a house in Rimmington. There is a spawn on the hobgoblin isle (Near the crafting guild). 3 spawn there, and come back pretty fast. The walk is shorter than the Relleka method, but there are half as many respawns. Bank with a butler when needed.

qp2xg4.jpg

My Ranging Guild Mini - Game Guide!

My Warrior's Guild - Melee and Mage XP (What?!) Guide!

Quest Cape Recieved On 2/2/07

Barrows Drops: Torags Helm, Guthans skirt x2, Karils skirt, Torags plate, Ahrims staff, Guthans helm

Iamtest (^^) I would liek to know waht other herblore guides there are :wink:

63herb3-1.jpg

People also keep mentioning Flesh crawlers in terms of good herb monsters. Could you also discuss them in the guide?

Personally i use flesh crawlers as they drop a fair amount of herbs, as well as Nats, dust runes,fire runes (The Fire Rune drop is Always 46ish Fire Runes) and half keys. But they are most definitely not the fastest way for herbs as getting to the best area for them takes a little while (Even with the portals).

If you want to go after them though, then i'd suggest the lvl 31 flesh crawlers on the 2nd of the 2 floors they inhabit.

arcanasigx2xg8.gif

One%20must%20be%20a%20wise%20reader%20to%20quote%20wisely%20and%20well..png

Dont%20cry%20because%20its%20over,%20Smile%20because%20it%20happened.png

Good guide, It's Al Kharid though and I think the minimum herb with magic secateurs is 5. As for a maximum I allready had 13 for sure. Your aberrant outfit looks good, but a salve amulet works way better on them. Also, take into account the time that is needed to kill 100 of them. 100 chaos druids with 20 health are something totally different then 100 aberrants.

Loved the secondary ingredient part.

=D>

not a good guide for beginners, like me, who need the most help, but it's a good guide. one problem tho, when i kill men/women at edgy, i get 50+ herbs an hour, but ever better than ranarr.

rare%20ghoul2.gif

rare%20ghoul2.gif

I dont know kama, you seem somwhat annoy.

DO'H! Sorry if my post came across that way. I am very annoyed actually, but that has nothing to do with your great guide.

I got my quest cape at level 68 and with the newest quest, I can't wear it again for another 13 levels (I am 72 now). Why GaGex would make a completely meaningless arbitrary combat levle requirement is beyond me.

**feeling a bit less annoyed after a bit of ranting now though**

thanks everyone! im working on get flesh crawlers in there (sorry Kama if I made you more annoyed :-# )

63herb3-1.jpg