The Ultimate Guide to Herblore

lavaownz

I may regret sharing this nifty little bit of information to everyone who can read :wall: but there is a second location that is better than taverly and edgeville dungeons for chaos druids... if you all know where the blood rune chest are its in the same tower. If you do not know then it is north west of ardounge. There is mostly never anyone there and at most theres 2 which in fact is good since there's usually about 6 at taverly. We'll I just shared a great spot and i hope some of you herblorists use it to your advantage :D

beenbeen.png

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^ I forgot to add more spots to chaos druids, but with the revamp I will add some. This spot you are talking about is good, but only if your the only one there, with other people its very crowded and impossible to get a steady strem of chaos druids

63herb3-1.jpg

Rofl. My chair has a fridge, a cooler, a toilet, a shower, and a barbecue bulit in.

Hey, I may have quite Runescape, but I just bought an XBOX 360 and play way to much COD4 with the Gamertag Lava Mage

Ground Blue Dragon Scale

This is pretty simple: go to Taverly Dungeon Blue dragon room and there are some respawns. The best thing to do id have 70 agility (67 with potion) and go through the tunnel, pick up some scales and teleport to Falador.

Actually, you can just get a summer pie to get there with 65 agility. If you want to be cheap like me just get materials for about 30 pies and ask for 20 from anyone you know with 99 cook.

haldir103.png

you mention men and women are bad, however, they only have 8 hp which means you can kill more in a smaller amount of time than chaos druids... you can kill the men 2.5 times faster than chaos druids so I believe you should multiply the herp drop rate by 2.5 :twisted:

misterxsiggyzs8.jpg

I know where your coming from with this, and I was thinking about that too. Abberrant spectors have like 105 hp, which is 5x what chaos druids have, which means that chaos are better in some areas, but you do get combat xp from them, minimal I have to say, but xp all the same.

Another point: Between men and chaos druids, most people can 1-hit men, and some can 1-hit chaos druids, so its the same.

Basically I am looking at the heb drops, if you prefer weaker monsters with slower drops, fine by me, but my whole point is that I am only saying if there were like 10 monsters, all killed in one hit, which would give you the most herbs in the least amount of time.

Another good way to get bird nests is to use Miscellania.

Put 10 workers on Maples and 5 on Teaks

Keep your popularity at 100%, and check back at the end of the week.

You get something like 80 nests a week.

good idea, but you will not make as much money, and you may not even break even, I am just offering over all best way.

63herb3-1.jpg

Rofl. My chair has a fridge, a cooler, a toilet, a shower, and a barbecue bulit in.

Hey, I may have quite Runescape, but I just bought an XBOX 360 and play way to much COD4 with the Gamertag Lava Mage

Once you get the hang of the Sorceress' Garden, it's easy. I got from 60-67 Thieving in a few days of not very intense playing (2-3h a day while chatting), which would have led to tons of herbs if I'd been interested in anything but leveling Thieving.

A Newtroost is a combination Newt + Rooster (I thought that was obvious).

It's Pestle & Mortar, not Motor, I suggest taking that motor to Mort'ton and attach it to the Swamp Boaty :)

Do your editing in Notepad or Notepad++, it's much more effective and you don't have to worry about Word's poor handling of anything that isn't meant to stay in Word.

HTH

Suzanne Vega

grammar2gr8dx.png

tokin rite wurx gud!

Another good way to get bird nests is to use Miscellania.

Put 10 workers on Maples and 5 on Teaks

Keep your popularity at 100%, and check back at the end of the week.

You get something like 80 nests a week.

good idea, but you will not make as much money, and you may not even break even, I am just offering over all best way.

Well, the Miscellania way could be good for people who don't get on often enough to go kill moles or anything else >.<

Any you could break even very easily + make a profit if you sold the Seeds from the nests and the maple logs

Runescape_Aberrant_Specters.jpg

here is a pic of my inventory for slaying aberrant specters. i have a Kharryl (sp?) tele portal in my house for banking in canfis.

i have also arranged my food from lowest healing to highest. this was all misc. food i had needed to clear from my bank. the reason i arranged it this way is so you use the lowest food first, which is used up quicker to make more spaces faster for more herbs, but also keep higher food to last longer. this method does not require prayer pots, but you can use prayer my way for a short time because i can recharge when i use my house tele.

i use my fury instead of a salve ammy (e) because of the higher mage def.

but for those who cannot use black d'hide, go with the proselyte and prayer pots as suggested earlier.

edit: I took this pic before i went and killed the A.S., and afterwards, found that i only used 1 of the combat potions i brought. i am going for a second round, and am bringing only 1 and a different assortment of food

first trip's loot:

no guam/marrentil (i tossed)

4 tarromin

2 harralander

3 ranarr

1 irit

2 kwarum

1 toadflax seed

2 kwarum seeds :thumbsup:

2 uncut rubies

1 mithril kiteshield

1 adamant platelegs

1 rune full helm

0 unids

(5 places used for my 2 remaining potions and 3 tele runes)

edit: If you are doing these as a task, i suggest that you use combat bracelets instead of barrows gloves, so you arent constantly wondering how many more you have left until your assignment finishes, making you crazy, wishing you could make a bank trip so you could go back and get your braces so that you could know... :wall:

I don't know if it's been posted yet, but great way to get the secondary ingredients is to kill Cave Crawlers. (Only thing it's not good is that they poison you- up to eights)

Drops:

* Gold: 3-29

* 100%: -

* Weapon: Rune javelin(5), Dragon spear

* Armour:Bronze boots

* Runes/Arrows: Nature(3), Fire(12), Earth(9)

* Misc: Herbs(1-3), Potato seed(1-4), Watermelon seed(1), Tomato seed(1,2), Onion seed(1-3), Sweetcorn seed(1,2), Cabbage seed(1-3), Strawberry seed(1), Whiteberries, Snape grass, Ground unicorn horn, Limpwurt root, Eye of newt, Red spider eggs, Vial of water, Uncut gems, Chaos talisman, Half key, Shield left half(dragon)

joke33.png

archsupportei2.png

My Blog of pure... Uhmm... Well... Something...

Proud owner of Quest Cape, achieved 05.08.2008

29062th to Woodcutting 99, 02.05.2009

Excellent guide, well written and goes in on the detailed explanations.Funnily enough, this has convinced me to power herblore untill i reach lvl 56,lol.I would like to thank you for writing this guide, because it helped me ALOT. :thumbsup:

allcp5.gif

Feel free to Hyt me :)

One thing i forgot about in my first post:

this may take a while, but a free source of wfv's AND herbs (water runes and asst. junk) would be water elementals, underneath Seers' Village, elemental workshop pt 1 req.

they drop a fair amount of herbs (not sure of stats atm), and drop 1 wfv per kill.

this does require time/effort, but NOT MONEY!!! (but then again, time=money...)

after a while, if you have the secondarys in the bank, you can sell them in Seers' bank

I am very bored today, if you can't tell from how many times i have posted and edited already this morning...

In response to the max amount of herbs being 12, I got this earlier:

15avantoees7.png

That's 15, with magic secateurs, so I know you can get more than 12.

Besides that, this is a great guide. It's helped me get to my current herblore level, and probably will help me beyond here.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

^^ Dork and I have also gotten as few as three herbs (as opposed to four) with super compost, gardening boots and magic secateurs :wall:

Overall, pretty good, informative guide on the basics of herblore :)

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Gald you liked it :D

Ok, well I guess I will never win the fight on herb farming, so I will cave in, but I will make it clear that it is exceptionally rare

63herb3-1.jpg

Nice guide. Then again it's 2:46 so what do I know? Only thing I'd like to point out is about the aberrant specters... You really don't have to use the prayer pots if you don't feel like it. I can manage pretty easily with lobsters and full black d hide.

mr_moron72.png

Look at my evidence of geekdom... MWAHAHAHA!

Instead of using the fally teletabs....u could use the balloon from cwars to taverly...buy vials and tele to cwars for banking. Not sure if this has been recommened before.

Physwap1(rs name)

(Trying his hand and powermining...not sure if he will stick with it)

For Collecting Chocolate dust, there are 2 venders in Ardy that sell them usually stock about 8-10, not the best and bad if you steal from there stalls as they wont sell to you.

Also, I don't remember but there is a higher leveled monster that drops noted Wine of Zammorak which is also a decent way to collect them efficently.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Good guide, but I think a good addition would be to count how much of seconds/vials/herbs/what ever you can get per hour using way X.

I've already made a start, with sup energies you can get around 1.3K snape grass an hour, leaving with a profit of over 400K an hour, this is if you sell them on their lowest for 400 ea, for 500 ea you profit is easily 500K+ an hour! :thumbsup:

For Collecting Chocolate dust, there are 2 venders in Ardy that sell them usually stock about 8-10, not the best and bad if you steal from there stalls as they wont sell to you.

Also, I don't remember but there is a higher leveled monster that drops noted Wine of Zammorak which is also a decent way to collect them efficently.

You mean the kaphlite queen?! Well, try getting 1K wines that way. It's no where near easy to get in loads.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

i didn't see this already mentioned, but rather then killing demons or burning logs for ashes, those who have at least started fairy tale pt2 can go into the alternate abyss (code ALR) and kill abyssal leeches (10 hp) for ashes, i find it to be a nice alternate to firemaking, while still being fairly fast.

best way to get your hands on bird nests is actually "managing your kingdom", when you collect maples you get quite a load of those(and inside of them, guess what, more herb/tree seeds!).

best use of tarromin so far, if you are too lazy to get limp roots, is serum 207, just add ashes.