Best F2P update ever!

SwreeTak

Jagex updates RuneScape every now and then. Mostly it's member's updates, but quite often they update F2P aswell.

So what you think has been the best update this far? Maybe the Stronghold of security? The Lumbridge bank and the home teleport? Or maybe the update of the scorpions?

No matter how long you have played, just post here which is your favourite F2P update this far.

Happy posting :thumbsup: !

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jagex updates RuneScape every now and then. Mostly it's member's updates, but quite often they update F2P aswell.

So what you think has been the best update this far? Maybe the System of security? The Lumbridge bank and the home teleport? Or maybe the update of the scorpions?

No matter how long you have played, just post here which is your favourite F2P update this far.

Stronghold Of Security?

arcanasigx2xg8.gif

One%20must%20be%20a%20wise%20reader%20to%20quote%20wisely%20and%20well..png

Dont%20cry%20because%20its%20over,%20Smile%20because%20it%20happened.png

runecrafting. (well i hated it because i had runes stocked worth like 2m but then rsc/rs2 swap occured and they were only like 700k >_<) but now i actually like it because its a good money maker and if you do it with a friend its not really boring

sig312.png

angel2w.gif

Back when they gave F2P more bank space. :D

I swear that happened!!!!! Like a hundred billion years ago, it really did happen!!!!! :D

Runecrafting and the Stronghold of Security are somewhere up there too.

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

Stronghold of Security.

Jagex updates F2P once a year and the updates are only really helpful for nubs in Lumbridge.

How is Runecrafting or the SoS with his Ankous and best training spots in f2p an update for "nubs"? :-s Get some real info before posting in here

Quest cape obtained at combat level 83, march 07.

So what you think has been the best update this far? Maybe the System of security? The Lumbridge bank and the home teleport? Or maybe the update of the scorpions?

Stronghold Of Security?

My bad. I'm sorry.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

I GUESS ILL SAY IT FOR ALL OF THE LONG TIME PLAYERS.

no more haveing to sleep after getting so much exp.

if you are new then y wont no what i meant . hehehe

well back in rs1 all the beds and sleeping bags were all over and when you were training you had to go to sleep before you would level up if you had enough money you coudda bought a sleeping bag that you could carry in your back pack but thank god they got rid of it in rs2.

jamessweet60.png

Stronghold of Security.

Jagex updates F2P once a year and the updates are only really helpful for nubs in Lumbridge.

How is Runecrafting or the SoS with his Ankous and best training spots in f2p an update for "nubs"? :-s Get some real info before posting in here

its a good update for "nubs" because they can go there and get 10k to help them get started :)

SoS is my favorite too

-Ammo

I engineered this thread with precise variables that I know would cause lul-worthy flames.

Ammo931.png

making treasure trails f2p was pretty good update. Helps out the members for making a market, and helps out f2p for adding a new variety of armours to get.

w4M8t.png

making treasure trails f2p was pretty good update. Helps out the members for making a market, and helps out f2p for adding a new variety of armours to get.

sigh...he is asking WHAT is the best f2p update they;ve had

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

Thanks to the amazing talent of Jopie211 for the sig!

Finest Fist of Guthix Strategy Guide

Treasure Trails aren't F2P, it's just a few of the rewards items that can be traded back to F2P.

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

best f2p update (way before members) was the asgarnia update.

I remember the day falador opened up and the dwarf mines, it was like heaven :).

I've played since rs beta. no items to show for it though :(

richy27nw8ev.gif

recovery-1.png

well back in rs1 all the beds and sleeping bags were all over and when you were training you had to go to sleep before you would level up if you had enough money you coudda bought a sleeping bag that you could carry in your back pack but thank god they got rid of it in rs2.

They cost like 5 gp in general stores...

Patrik001.png

88102pbj 8a - BANNED at 108 combat 2004 - 84 Combat RSC.

Patrik001 - 72 Attack 50 Defence 92 Strength RSC.

X Patrik X - 85 Attack 75 Defence 92 Strength RSC.

Well, when they removed the "sleeping bag" and the "spell failure" stuff, it was a great update.

The sleeping bag poisoned the gameplay, and made it HARD to train ANYTHING, and the spell failures made it IMPOSSIBLE to train anything mage related.

Those being banished were THE best.

My MOD Queue and MODs - StarTrekGuide

sig-2-itsaratflail.png

They cost like 5 gp in general stores...

sorry they cost 39gp.

anyways best F2P update ever..was when they introduced the wilderness :)

moose67.png

yea i know what your talking about i played back then. but unfortunately i didnt care about rs and i never got any party hats or santa hats only the scythe and even that wasnt very cool and still isnt. and i dont remember the password to the account that had the scythe, in fact they delete any account that hasnt been used for like a year.

Edit. i forgot to add my likes (more prominently dislikes) of the additions to runescape. In fact the only additions I like are graphics updates. Home teleport is a horrible addition that caters only to the weak minded dunderblores who rant unceasingly about how amazingly stupid they themselves are in that they can't spend two hours to reach whatever level lumbridge teleport is so they can do it instantly and anytime they so ever choose. The more recent updates in runescape that cater to f2p's whim are nonsensical airbags of information and hand holding. If in the first place someone is too dimwitted to spend 3 minutes to walk to lumbridge then they will have many problems further on the game (more specifically when said moron reaches level 5). And (jagex quote) "well we did a survey and realized 90% of anyone in runescape is a complete freakin MORON!!! so we decided to add new things that make stupid people feel less inferior to the other players (the everyday person) that use an output of 5% of their brain to successfully play the game." The bank in lumbridge is nice but in a very horrible location. I despise having a bank on the top of the castle. It creates not problems but annoyances. Having to climb two flights of stairs to get out a rune and a staff or get 4k is very annoying. It causes displeasure in my soul every time I travel up the stair sets to the top of castle dunkindorf in lumbertonville. at least put the bank in a more sensible and feasible location like the bottom floor of the place instead of a mincemeat kiosk towering about everything within a mile. On the dungeon crud thing in hickville west of Varrok, I do like it to an extent. The idea behind it is interesting and it has the most gruesome themes in the whole game yet still not graphically comparable to anything scary (the thought counts). The rewards are nice too and it is very good info for a new player that really doesnt know anything about the rules or scams that go on (hopefully they leave a little less in stupor). The boots.. the warrior boots nice good [bleep]y brown non.. stupid. The "fancy -terd nuggets- boots" are displeasing to the eye. The half hearted rainbow design mocks medieval fashion (as do most of the items in rs, rubber duck, santa hats, purses? wtf?, tomato GUNS? cannons (this isnt the seven seas), underwater scooba gear... wow very clever jagex). But despite obvious flaws in the dungeon the perks are still cool, some new emotes that are kind of cool, money good, a scepter that teleports u back there 3 times before completely being obliterated from your inventory requiring you to do the menacing task of rebuilding a second or third scepter. Muy bien.

GOOD UPDATES

Die eier von satan. They added no dating in rs to the rule list under rule 1.

"Is it ok to ask to be bf/gf in runescape? No, that is a way for people to learn personal information."

Thank you jagex but too bad most apathetic people presume this rule doesnt apply or that "dating in rs is just so much better than real life" that they continue to date... on the internet. Splice the matter in half it involves the giving of personal info plus it's weird as mess. Just don't do it. Especially if your over the age of... well it doesn't matter how old you are learn how to talk to people in real life face to face and you won't need to date online (in a foolish attempt to reassure yourself of your own social acceptance or presence).

Yes, I liked the update to rule one. It is the clean one. No flaws. Simple no dating in runescape. Bravo. Es ridiculo que uds. saban otros personas en Runescape pero no saber en tu escuela o ciudad o casa.

Make sure to be pleased with the ways of your death

For in days of reckoning and when the twilight torn is ticking

Elysium is halfway and as an answer to the plea

You're destined to yield fragments of Hell in return

The best f2p update in my opinion would have to be security stronghold.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85