11 May 2007 - Bots and Real-World Trading Update

aoe325

I wonder if Jagex will enable us a way to find out how many hours/days we've been ingame. :-k

I hope they give us another update on the whole issue to see if they are keeping up with the bannings.

Retired 8th October 2007 | 99 Fishing | 99 Cooking | Owner of a Red Mask and 2 Santa Hats |

british or not. Cheating communities often have a privacy agreement that states before you enter the page, you need to agree that you are not Jage staff or are affiliated with them in anyway.

and bubsa. maybe state your explanation on "why I am an idiot" before pressing that button below the options bar that says "submit". I Don't care who you are, post properly.

well if that's the case, then these ppl are going against Jagex's privacy agreement.

w4M8t.png

These are just 2 examples out of the 2300 total.

Player X

Total Level: Over 1600

Total time in-game: 140 days, 8 hours

Player Y

Total Level: Over 1550

Total time in-game: 89 days, 14 hours

A pretty silly thing for them to go and do, I'm sure you'll agree. Don't make the same mistake.

I wanna know when my account was created... <.< :(

bleh3.PNG

Resident Tip.it Cow. :^_^:

[blog] [twitter]

I just read it. and where does it say this?

Your account

To play the Game or use many features of this site, we require you to create an account. All valid account holders are hereby licensed to play the Game and to download and use our client software and connect to our servers for the sole purpose of playing the Game subject to compliance with these terms and conditions.

then below that it says the the rules.

w4M8t.png

Frankly, it doesn't really matter if the figures provided are accurate or not - if it scares people away from real world trading then Jagex has achieved it's objective.

Sooooo true. Personaly, I think lying would be too much of a risk for Jagex, and they probably told the truth exept mayby on the exact numbers of people banned.

In any case, most people don't use boards, so most people will still be scared, and definatly not buy gold. :D

All I care about, is that now I had better skill up soon. :cry:

That's what it takes to be a hero, a little gem

of innocence inside of you that makes you want

to believe that there still exists a right and wrong,

that decency will somehow triumph in the end.

--Lise Hand

Pst. this topic is already in RuneScape news but nvm.

Good that Jagex is really fixing this problem.

:-s This topic is about the runescape news.

EDIT: My apologies, I thought you meant the runescape homepage news section :oops:

This is very good but it can also get pretty complicating. Out of all those people banned with this update how much gold/items/raw materials/rares have left the economy now? I'm starting to think this is why furys have gone up about 300k today (Although they are unstable). Anyway i think we will see in alot of things. I don't know why they don't take the items out of the accounts they perm ban.

Ugghh i really hate the economy sometimes it just changes to much.. #-o

prospektssigza4.jpg

Just some simple and rather inaccurate calculation: 6bil gp banned / per week divided by 2300 accounts banned / per week = 2.6mil / account banned.

That doesn't sound unreasonable at all though, gold buyers rarely buy really large amounts. Ofcourse noone can really check whether these numbers are just made up or not, but I'd say they fit.

You know I could just spew up facts like that out of whim too? Those figures are so exaggarated. And those two examples...what exactly do they prove? It could be all fabricated.

they're just examples dude... pointing out that they don't give an 'elbow' bout what lvl u are, if u bought rs money, then u should be banned, no matter what ur lvl is.

back to topic.

will definitely have effect on the numbers of autoers...but will prolly take a week or 2 to work.

Yay for good jagex updates! \' =D>

siggya.th.png

xprozaccx.png

RIP my main Xprozaccx.

Still Dreaming of Farming Cape

Confucius say: "Crowded elevator smell different to a midget" xD

You know I could just spew up facts like that out of whim too? Those figures are so exaggarated. And those two examples...what exactly do they prove? It could be all fabricated.

Yes but we who still play this game have been brainwashed by Jagex and have no other choice to believe every word they say. It's not our fault.

Click here.

If you go there good things will transpire.

Glad to see Jagex taking actions.

Concentarting on Member's for autoers/macroers(??) should hopefully mean less annoyance for us memebrs. What about F2P? Well the situation in F2P is very different as it is very quick and easy to create new accounts to replace banned ones. At least in members, you can't play until you have paid Jagex in some way - this means that they have records and could quite easily refuse accounts on their "black list" The only way Jagex will ever be able to make impact in the F2P world is not by taking direct action against the autoers, but by rooting out the real world customers of the autoers. Removing this customer base will result in removing the autoers (and gold farmers for that matter).

i wonder what this update will have on the rares market

will rares go down in price because much money is removed

or will they go up because some rares are removed?

on topic nice to see jagex is working hard to remove al those cheaters.

rsname: lord rex.
december 2011: ranked 107th best f2p player
march 2012 became member.

Lord_Rex.png

I just read it. and where does it say this?

Your account

To play the Game or use many features of this site, we require you to create an account. All valid account holders are hereby licensed to play the Game and to download and use our client software and connect to our servers for the sole purpose of playing the Game subject to compliance with these terms and conditions.

then below that it says the the rules.

that merely states that you are licensed to use there provided software to play the game. it isnt necessary.

moose67.png

i wonder if this guy i know who bought gold got banned.

if he did his fault :boohoo: :boohoo:

But seriously, I will kill you all

I am back for realz this time I promise now that I am a member :p