15 May 2007 - Dream Mentor

TheEvilGizm0

Planking your own planks, I hope you dont need money for it. Who knows how cheap construction could become.

ummm nats are 300 each... :-w

Mahogany planks are 2.5k each I think :XD:

Still cheaper if you don't need money.

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Planking your own planks, I hope you dont need money for it. Who knows how cheap construction could become.

ummm nats are 300 each... :-w

Mahogany planks are 2.5k each I think :XD:

Still cheaper if you don't need money.

I posted to fast, i changed my stance, and i think im looking forward to getting 70 construction now. I bought the marbel and gold leaf for my guilded alter ages ago, have not gotten around to it yet. This will bring the cost of 75 construction from 3m to like 300k <3:

bestsignpic.png

2181st to 99 Runecrafting on 7/28/2009

You still have to pay money while planking with the spells. (oak 175 gp, teak 350 gp.. and don't know the others).

Skill N' Chill - The Hawt Fun Sexy and Cool Skilling Clan!

Skill n' chill website: http://skillandchill.freeforums.org/index.php - Clanchat: Skill N C - IRC Chat: #skillnchill

nieuwesiglg4.gif

errrok.jpg

thx jagex you just made me waste 40 bucks and 30 days...

read more at: 27-28-78-44014525

What the heck is a "Quest Pure" I swear people now and days over use the words: Pure and Noob it's retarted.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

+100 to Jagex nice update switch books ftw!

Do Rings of Life and/or one-click teles work in the final fight?

I can personally attest to the fact that the ring of life works during the fight.

o_knames.png

Maxed total levels

Remaining for Completionist Cape: Livid Farm spell (Borrowed Power)

Oh great now I need to get my mage to level 86 or whatever to use the plank spells, I really hate training mage.

fathertime89.png

Smithing-48 strength-66 Ranged-47 Magic-55

Humor is reason gone mad- Groucho Marx

I am a nobody and nobody is perfect, therefore I am perfect.

Finally! An update I read and said: "Yes!" they finally brought something good to the game.

This month has been pretty good, even though making things significantly easier in the market, or for ordinary activities they were still (and this one is too) good updates which were enjoyable.

The quest was excellent, had alot of fun completing it. And naturally the rewards were worth my time, since afterall its a new set of spells.

I must congratulate Jagex on this one, it was a very good update - very helpful, and incentivating for players to use Runescape (the game itself) and the official site as guidance for their game and not other sites.

bottomsupsiggyori.jpg

Runescaper since June 2005

Blog

angry about the 85 req...what does combat have to do with a quest... :wall:

Seriously, i wound't even attempt at 85 Combat

You fight 1 Level 300+ Boss then 2 level 200+ boss and 1 level 100+ boss

They can hit hard

Barrow Drop : 168 + D Med x4

Proud Owner Of KQ Head

Proud Owner Of Abyssal Demon Head x2

Not a bad quest, after all. Monsters were kind of hard, and the reward isn't too bad. The only thing I'm disappointed with is the Make Plank spell. It reduces the cost of oak planking to 175 each, but you must use one set of runes per log, so regular planking is still faster.

Do the new home teleport spells have diffrent animations?

Lunar home teleport is the same, don't know about Ancient, though.

228/228 Qp

I'm 100 Combat and I had a problem with the final fight. I went through about 13-15 sharks on the first form, after that I only used about another 5 more, but it was still difficult. Even if Jagex didnt have the combat requirement on there, anyone below 85 wouldn't be able to do it. (I'm suprised if most people under 95-100 don't have a problem with it)

I know of a level 126 who died during the dreamland fight, so this quest is just hard combat wise. There are some quests geared towards skills, this one is just geared towards combat.

Masterd99.png

Quest Cape - 10/18/2006

ROFL!!!!!!!

Every update, i peek into the rants forum. There is one about wanting high level updates, rather than high combat level updates...people complaining about how quest capers with low levels are going to be crushed...

Mod Ash took the time to reply to this, with some various remarks.

"I am over 85 combat, but think about those quest capers and other adventurers that aren't..."

Players with quest capes must have completed Desert Treasure and the final bit of Recipe for Disaster. They're going to have fairly decent combat stats already. I don't think it's unreasonable to release a quest that demands a combat level of 85; there are a lot of players in the game with far more than that. It's a little unusual to ask for a specific combat level rather than individual skill levels, but I guess you'll get to see why it's expected when you try the quest.

Later on,

"Ash i seen a level 74 with quest cape think how he will feel now."

You can complete all the quests in the game with relatively low levels in lots of skills. That doesn't mean we're forbidden from ever releasing quests that require higher skills.

It's a bit like the question of pures. There are lots of people in RuneScape who have, for their own reasons, decided not to train certain skills very high. They're welcome to do this sort of thing if they like, but we aren't going to dump the development of any content aimed at higher-level people. Besides, at what level would you draw the line? 50? 103?

This isn't the highest-level quest we'll ever release. If you're planning on keeping your quest capes, keep your skills high. One day you'll need them.

Woo, owntness plz? :XD:

Looks like a great sequel to a great quest <3:

Guys, the sleep spell DOES STACK with rapid heal, and the relationship is multiplicative!

I regained 6 hp in one minute. :)

That makes me wonder if the onyx bracelet would make it 12 hp/minute?

Runescape Name: "unbug07"

sunsig6yg.png

Expand your mind.

That was an entertaining quest all around in my opinion. Although I found just getting the goutweed to be the most annoying part. I used only 7 sharks for the final fight. Six on the first boss and one on the next. After that I didn't have to eat again.

Artemis_42.png

"Those who know nothing, can understand nothing"

- Ansem, Kingdom Hearts

The other comment i have is that im gonna so run out and get lunar cause now i can get 70 construction by making 5k nats and make the logs into planks. this will save lots of $$. Really hope that its all true, now i got to get my mage up :XD:

You realize that planking on lunars is far more expensive and tedious than planking through the sawmill right? It costs 150 gp + 300 gp (nature rune) + 400gp (2 astral runes) + 150 gp (15 earth runes) which is 1000 gp just to plank 1 log.

You would be far better off rcing nats for cash and then spending that cash to buy oak planks from forums.

LordFan21.pngHilordfan.jpgZ0mg look im so kool even mods tok to me.

Pretty fun quest. It's nice to have a short quest where you don't have to waste time running about for pointless items (except the goutweed).

The final fights are incredibly easy. I finished it with 99 hp remaining having only eaten 4 sharks.

I took my very best equipment e.g. barrows, whip etc. Anyone who does the same can easily beat the "bosses".

P.s. I turned on prayer before entering the dreamworld and it didn't work.

Capone Sabre since April 2001.

99 Attack, Defence, Strength and Hitpoints Achieved January 2005. When it still meant something.

Capone_Sabre.png

The final fights are incredibly easy. I finished it with 99 hp remaining having only eaten 4 sharks.

I took my very best equipment e.g. barrows, whip etc. Anyone who does the same can easily beat the "bosses".

I'm level 91 and I brought my almost-best equipment (used glory instead of Fury because the risk wasn't worth it, mith instead of rune boots, and legends instead of obsidian cape, but otherwise barrows and whip). I didn't die, but I got down to below 30 hp occasionally even though I was drinking my Saradomin Brews whenever I got heavily hit. Even with my (boosted) 88 defense, I got hit a lot. The first boss is not easy by any means. The others are no problem, but the first is probably one of the hardest boss fights that I've ever done.

I needed 7 four-dose Saradomin brews to kill the first boss. I only used two on the rest.