Why is quitting Runescape so difficult?

eyehawk78

I tried to quit but now I'm sure that taking breaks is the way to go :P

been playing since October 2001, now this is all I do after work, just stand around and chat with some friends, or just playing CW.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

most people really put a lot of time and effort in the game

would you trow away 3 years (etc.) of work in just like that?

krikke321.png

Computers will never be above humans because we made them.

That's what monkeys used to say about us.

Preventing is better then solving.

Just never become addicted to rs, and if you did, you'll get bored of it some time.

Its not a sin to play runescape. Don't be like "I like this game, but people who have retired seem cooler and more leet, so I will quit because I wanna be just like them"

Quit or slow down if you lose controll over real life, regain controll and you're all set to play some more.

I see no reason in "quiting" unless you are bored of the game.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

its just soo fun to get more things, set goals for yourself....

and "You dont quit real life either"

That's basically what you're doing if you neglect yourself and you only play all day long and do nothing except maybe eat meals.

So that excuse could actually backfire.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Goals and achievements, same reason you don't "quit" real life either

That guy in front of the train thought otherwise :oops: O well, he didn't come back to Runescape for sure :-#

(j/k..)

I came back as I like this game. It is plain simple. I hardly set goals as I know any high goal, I will not make. So it is not for goals. Achievements.. doing KQ .. daganoth kings.. barrows.. fight caves.. all at combat 95. Found it pretty impresive myself. \' That is probaly why I came back.

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

Goals and achievements, same reason you don't "quit" real life either

Plenty of people quit real life daily, but that's because their mentally instable and I wont get into that.

I could easily quit Runescape, but it's my friends that keep me coming back. I also have some unfinished goals and other things I'd like to do in runescape.

I'm going on 6 years now :-X

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

"I backed my car into a cop car the other day

Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok

Alright already we'll all float on

Alright don't worry we'll all float on" - Isaac Brock

Days Hunting:4 - Kingly Imps Caught:2

Money Earned: 4.5-5m

Captainkidd wrote:

Runescape is like a smoking is addictive, but instead of being a physical addictive its a mental addictive, sense you like runescape and it makes you happy when you play your body wants to play it. Thus making you addicted to it.

If you know some one who smokes you probley know they tryed to quit a few times but they come back, if its one day to even a few months they still come back, same with runescape even though people quit it still brings them back. There is the few people that quit smoking and them are like the few people that quit runescape, because theres a big reason to do so. Maybe loose your wife so you need to quit or going to stay back in school so you need to quit runescape.

Yup, they even did a study on that except with WoW. Its an accual addiction lol.

range: 64/80/80

mage: 61/84/82

atk: 46/77/60

str 41/82/99

elvin007.gif

I just spend a lot of my free time listening to music.... But I've lost interest and don't believe I'll ever regain it...ever. (In the game)

Just find some pretty good tunes and never go to http://www.runescape.com and maybe never go to any fan sites if it's that bothersome for you.

Green Day

Linkin Park

etc

Good music. Besides don't you believe you are too good to be spending hours upon hours on a game? Don't you have pride?

Would you rather be listening to punk rock or whatever than being on a game with bad graphics and plot and annoying little prats that annoy you?

Muuuuuuuust respond. How is listening to music more worthy than playing a game? Thats literally the stupidest thing anyones ever said. For one music is not interactive, sure you can listen and do a jig or sing but you are not influencing the music, with a game, what you do matters.

I'm seriously gobsmacked by this and hope its some sort of post-modernist humour. If you say you dont liek the game for whatever reason fine thats cool, but saying listening to music is something to be more PROUD of than playing a game is insanity. Maybe you don't know what pride is, im not sure. I don't care if you listen to whatever music rather than playing a game but saying one is a waste of time and the other isn't is rtarded.

Never heard of someone committing suicide because they couldn't quit music. At least music can tell you about the [cabbage] that everyone faces in life and how to deal with it, unlike a game.

So you'd rather be playing a game 24/7 or whatever and gain lots of weight? At least you can listen to your iPod and jog at the same time.

music is something to listen to while ur doing something else. when i jog i dont listen to my iPod(i don't have 1 but i wouldn't anyways) because music is something to listen to if your bored, it also livens up whatever you are doing by making you want to do it with the songs beat. music in my opinion is not something that is fun alone, but livens up anything you are doing with it.

rare%20ghoul2.gif

rare%20ghoul2.gif

The reason people keep on coming back, at least for me, are

1) Their friends play too or

2) They see the new updates and want to try them out.

Ironically enough, this is my first post after coming back to RS :roll:

99/99 Cooking. 1500+ total level. 96+ Combat

lawlkv8.png

I know a few people who quit and haven't come back. They just have better things to do with their time. I myself, I have no life. :roll: I go to school, skateboard, and play this game. That's it.

u summed me up pretty good :oops:

Yeah RS seems to have such an addictive quality. Its as if they use some sort of magnet to keep us glued to the computer and RS lol.

I myself have been playing for a little over 2.5 Years. I have tried quiting and have only been sucessful for about 5 months and a second set of 5 months.

I also didnt quit purposly the second time, lost my account lol, have it back though...really glad.

All I do is school, read, RS, DOD:Source and sleep.

Im a pretty simple person lol.

It's probably the people you've met, the goals that you've already achieved and the goals that you still have yet to achieve that make people keep coming back.

As well, you've put so much time into your character that it's sort of become part of you. I mean, if someone shouted "Iggy" in real life, I'd probably turn and see who called. -.-

The OoC: Order of Cabbage. Guardians of 3,600,000+ Cabbages! That a lotta cabbage!

----

Quest Cape: 249 QP || Skill Total: 1623+ || 88/91 Thieving ||

ysigfo7.png

here's my story:

i had joined when the miniclip frenzy was on( yes some of you remember that :P)

then i started telling my mates about it. we all started coming on everyday for long time.

one of my friends became a member, then i joined then another 14 of them joined.

one by one they started quitting untill only i and the guy who started members were left.

now, 2 years since then, 11 of them have started to come back.

reason being?

a.)so many updates!!!

b.)got bored of wow and guild wars(sorry no naming games)

c.) might aswell give it a final shot before starting college :P

signature your as this use backwards this read to enough smart were you if

^^^^read backwards^^^^

anish00b.png

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=113&t=757562&p=6009903

^^^^The Best Melee Training Spot In The Game^^^^

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=786213

^^^^The new Bandits^^^^

even i have the misfile craze!!!

Because it meets a need, so it seems.

For me, it's lack of things to do in the late evening. But I don't play Rs, I play other games.

2480+ total

I spent 2.5 years developing an account, and when I was incorrectly banned then incorrectly put into -52 days of credit I said screw it and quit.

I used to be pretty darn addicted, but not as much as most people. I never no-lifed or anything or stayed up to play RS, or woke up early. Basically Jagex messed up with my account.. wanted $20.. and I said no. And quit.

redbullsigortiz.jpg

i dont get wat is so hard about stop playing rs. first few weeks i was just playing a bunch of games. then i saw aftere 4 months gw and bought it now im playing that and i have no desire to get back to rs. im now 1 year of it i spend now only 1 hour a day on gw and more outside and i workout.

really dont see how hard it is just find things to do and. one thing that made it maybe easyer for me is that we moved so my friends didnt care about me anymore so that was something that didnt pulled my back to rs. btw if you ppl ask why im on the forum im on school bored and i just wanted to see if there where any good descusions here and also i check other things on this forum.

for ppl that are still play maybe see how school is going im trying to boost my grades to get a scholar ship for college since that is more importand than a game where you are not rewarded for anything ouside that game for on.

Well I did it today, ah I'm happy. Actually I quitted a year ago it's been on off, mostly off.

I just logged few times in cause reading these forums, I was like hmm maby I should just log in and play a while, well it usually stops in when I've logged, I find myself in the most boring place with nothing on and then just log out.

But now it's totally over, no more rs playing for me.

the main reason i think people come back to runescape is one of the first ones posted goal setting and acheivement the second reason would be community and real life friends who play also long time and high level player arent just gonna walk away from years of work.

Psychobiker5.png

psychobiker5.png

I quit about a year ago cozz they deleted my main char..I've come back recently because I miss those old days, pking with friends and stuff.

RS is an addictive game, but if you're not bored of rl, it's not hard to quit.