Is or should trading RuneScape items in real life "illegal"?

Midala87

Is or should trading RuneScape items in real life "illegal"?

This is not to be confused with trading real life money (or objects) for RuneScape gold (or items).

example:

(Bob calls Carl on phone)

Bob: Hey Carl! I'll give you my Rune Long for your Rune Scimmy.

Carl: No way! However I will give you a full set of Rune Armor for the long instead.

Bob: Really? Wow. Thank you so much. What world and when?

Carl: How about world 99 at 5:00 PM today. I have to eat dinner first.

Bob: Okay, i'll see you there. Later dude.

Carl: Peace.

(note: Bob and Carl are both real life friends and know each other from school. They did not trade personal information in the game to know each others phone numbers, also note that Bob and Carl are fictitious, meaning NOT REAL)

Do you guys see anything wrong with trading RuneScape items in the above sort of way or is it alright from your standpoint.

Personally, I am all for that type of trading. Besides, even when on RuneScape chat you are still doing the same type of trading. So it to should be considered real life. Cause you are using a real life means (RuneScape) to trade in the game.

(I feel like this is going to get locked for some reason)

I think that is fine, even if Jagex didn't like it, what could they do about it.

P2P offers more and better ways of making money than f2p. That's one of the cons you just have to play with if you don't feel like having 1 bigmac meal less per month.

I've done it hundreds of time via MSN. Plus I suggest you go through the rules again, it clearly states thaT it is against the rules to trade RS items in return for real-life stuff (as money).

I think Jagex can tell that you're friends and not just taking part in the virtual black market.

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

Guest Lue_Dogs
It obviously isn't

Jagex may be strict, but they're not stupid.

however some of their judgements have been considered stupid in the past, and really some are, but perhaps in a more profound way it will lead to later greatness.

I see nothing wrong with that. In fact, Jagex should allow us to have some kind of contact outside the game. By this, I don't mean letting us give out email addresses or phone numbers (this is peadophiles would get in), but by providing us with an email/PM system on the main site, where we can trade in a less... hectic (for lack of a better word) environment.

yes they should allow it, but they don't... How do you think they are catching real-world item traders? they watch who trades insain amounts of stuff/money for nothing. My friend was lenting his phat and 500K to his bro and got banned. Before that i've got a warning letter from JaGeX saying that i will get banned if i try selling something In real life again. And all i did was giving a Whip to my friend.

The ways of JaGeX are unknown.....

The clock is ticking, and your time is running out, mortals.

yes they should allow it, but they don't... How do you think they are catching real-world item traders? they watch who trades insain amounts of stuff/money for nothing. My friend was lenting his phat and 500K to his bro and got banned. Before that i've got a warning letter from JaGeX saying that i will get banned if i try selling something In real life again. And all i did was giving a Whip to my friend.

The ways of JaGeX are unknown.....

Check the main post, this has nothing to do with trading in-game items for real life items. This is about using real life methods of communication (such as a phone, texting or email) in order to negotiate a trade. To clear up your argument, Jagex has no problem with this example, so long as you don't acquire the email adress/phone number through the in-game chat system, or their forums, which is against Rule 13.

They should ban it, enforce it, and ban all players who do it henceforth. It's another unfair advantage.

Outside relationships based on friendship are unfair to those who don't have real life friends who play runescape, because some people might get favors others might not. Not everyone has these same outside resources.

(I'm mocking a trend, and even the community to an extent, so I figure I'd better say it now than get yelled at later)

I see nothing wrong with that. In fact, Jagex should allow us to have some kind of contact outside the game. By this, I don't mean letting us give out email addresses or phone numbers (this is peadophiles would get in), but by providing us with an email/PM system on the main site, where we can trade in a less... hectic (for lack of a better word) environment.

Wow, Ginger Warrior, that is a really great idea. No seriously. I doubt Jagex will implement it but it would make merchanting a lot easier and structured.

By the way, I completely understand the rules. I was bored and felt like posting something that might have some purpose.

that improvised conversation only makes example of people trading runescape items for other runescape items, but planning the trade in real life. As long as your not trading a virtual item for a tangible item then it can't possibly be against the rules (unlike say, giving someone full rune g in return for halo pc version).

Make sure to be pleased with the ways of your death

For in days of reckoning and when the twilight torn is ticking

Elysium is halfway and as an answer to the plea

You're destined to yield fragments of Hell in return

not really a crime unless you're trading money. my cousin has tried to bribe me with stuff, but i just refuse.

?r=191108

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Currently will be using my Oni Tsurugi account to attempt to get 99 on all free skills without spending any gp, just for the sake of doing so.

Why the heck would that be illegal? :?

Unless people are asking for real life details in game (i.e., someone's phone number so they can call them and arrange a trade), I can find absolutely no reason how you could possible consider that to be illegal...

he11sangel5oa2.jpg

^Thanks Lil_Atza!

I love the smell of napalm in the morning. ... Smells like...victory.

If Bob said I will give you a dollar for your rune scimitar, that would be against the rules. If they made it illegal to set yp trades outside of runescape, than the official forums marketplace would be illegal. Therefore, it would make the official forums completely useless.

tfssig.png