What Item Did you Treasure as a Newbie? - 12k+ Views!

equal_ibrium

i lost the weapon i was given at the start. i remember standing in lumby pleading with peeps to give me a weapon. honestly... that was the only time i begged. didnt realize i was beggin. but i was finaly given a bronze axe. i was so happy. went to al karid and killed men until i was able to afford that shiny addy scimmy. bought it... and wasnt able to use it.

as i grew up in life.... i finally manage to save up 150k for my very first rune battle. let me tell ya, i was grinnin from ear to ear. mind you.... rs only had 2 members worlds back then. there were no updates. there wasnt any way to make money other than mine coal and fish lobs.

which brings up something else i miss. whatever happened to the days when u would mine hundreds and hundreds of coal. then head to draynor to cert it up and hopefully sell for a premium price. or the days you would hang out at the 6 rocks they had in barb village. and yell out.....BUYING COAL ORES 50 EACH. only to take their coal that they thought they were gettin rich off of down to draynor to cert up and sell for 1k per cert.

bah. memories. been playin too long i guess. when i see peeps talkin about how they have been playing for a couple months... and talk about a race to get full rune cause there is more than 1 peep making rune 2h's, battles, and plates. i just have to laugh. they will never have a clue as to what it was like at the beginning of this game.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh I remember when I first got full mith...I was so excited 'cause it was like mithril in Lord of the Rings..So I told my boyfriend...I will never get any other armor! I will be part of LOTR! xD Silly noobie me.

And the only way I used to train til like level 40 was goblins =) And I really badly wanted to get in pray guild so I buried tehir bones til level 31..I did not know of big bones xD

Also until a week before becoming memeber, level 40 noobie me, I still thought people could see your drops..so I rushed to get 'em before anyone else xD I didn't know about the minute thing til my boyfriend told me.

p5hngmeawy19.png

i tho gems was the best way to make money i was sitting in the general store for like 5 hours (no joke if not even more ) and buying gems then i was giving to my friend to cut it for me cuz i didnt have Crafting lvl high and another story m

when my friend both his rune first rune legs and long sword he was so cool he came to my house showed me and stuff i was like wow! and thats the day when i went to k and own some noob and some noobs stuff i was omg free stuff the day i went again and at nite like 10 pm i told him to come with me so we can get kill ppl so he puts his best stuff on when lvl 3 wild we get att by a noob my fried losses connection and dies he run all the way to my house to tell me to get his stuff and he leaved couple blocks away

:D :D

I loved Long Swords, Mithril And Rune was my favorites.

I was extremly happy when i bought my first Mith Long Sword for 1,2k!!!

That was alot for me back then. :P

When i got 40 Attack i bought a Rune Long Sword, in Rs Classic, and still have it in my bank. :D

Hah, you still wield it a lot too...

My favorite item was probably, I don't know, maybe the square shields that were sold in the shop in falador, because I remember I would continuously kill the men in the building right next to it until I could buy a shield from the shop and then brag to my sister (she played the game at the time) that I had gotten another square shield from the store.. Of course the shields I kept buying were iron, bronze, and maybe even steel..

100% F2P- 70 CB, My goal of 1100 total level-

My goal for 1100 total f2p

TFS Leader - http://z11.invisionfree.com/TTFS/index.php?

back in classic i had spent hours upon hours on dial up internet killing goblins, selling their items they dropped and finally i had enough money for iron armour =0

i trecked all the way to varok just to get some..a few years later i got my first rune 2h which i lost in the wild because of my m8 wanted me to pk and i was sooooooo dam furious because it would have taken me weeks upon weeks to get another if i was lucky...luckily he became a member a few weeks later and began merchanting and got me my first few sets of rune, rune weps and what nots...i thought he was soo rich but he only had a few hundred k in total yet he still got me many rune sets when i kept losing them <3:

I'd have to say everything you've obtained at the end of the tutorial.

When i died with it all I spent hours trying to buy back my tinderbox, axe, net and other survival equipment. Thats when i discovered just what a general store was >_>

ATM, I'd have to say my d long and the whip I got from a friend who left RS. I'm still working on getting that 70 atk for the whip >_<

arcanasigx2xg8.gif

One%20must%20be%20a%20wise%20reader%20to%20quote%20wisely%20and%20well..png

Dont%20cry%20because%20its%20over,%20Smile%20because%20it%20happened.png

Okay...I'll confess...

When I had been playing for a few weeks and had finally gotten to Varrock (at first I thought that when they said the wilderness was in the north they meant anywhere north of Lumby...) I found an intelligence report (you know, from sheild of arrav) on the ground. I then went to the bank and said "I found an intelligence report and I know it's really valuable so I'm selling it!" I was offered 1k and refused, thinking it was worth more... :oops:

Later, a kind "high" level (about level 40) gave me a free mith axe...oh, how I loved that axe. man, did I feel bad about selling it to buy an addy one. In honor of it, I always keep a few in my bank and give them out when people ask for them for that one quest...for a price, of course. :thumbsup:

When I was a noob, I treasured all the items I got on tutorial island, becuase I thought that if I lost them I wouldn't be able to get them back. My favorite item was the wooden shield though.

therealdealseelmealbugyn3.png

We tried using an abyssal whip to 'suggest' they work faster

Mine would have to beeee......green dragonhide vambraces. I just -- found them on the floor in Varrock (old Varrock) when I was in my lvl 20's or 30's. I couldn't wear them, and I didn't even know they were the best F2P gloves for range and combat. I sold them to the general store #-o :wall: #-o

Hyt Chat FOREVER

Killy_Da_Kid.png

Killy_Da_Kid.png

I have quit RuneScape. I have posted on the Leaving sticky saying so. Goodbye.

"Too late... my time has come... gotta leave you all behind and face the truth."

~ Freddie Mercury ~

Its not an item, but here goes anyway. When i first started some guy told me it was a good idea to train my prayer lvl, cause once you get to lvl 43 you can protect yourself from almost anything. so i went to the chicken coop near lumby, buried a whole heap of bones and got my self to lvl 10. i said to myself, "man this is easy im a quarter of the way to lvl 43 already" :wall: #-o little did i know...... #-o

Barrows drops: Guthan helm (1), Vearc skirt (1)

Dragon drops: 0

Rune drops: Rune med (2), rune full (1)

Bronze square, i was killing goblins with my bronze longsword and my wooden shield, i was getting owned (lol) by a goblin so i ran into the fishing shop, a nice person killed the goblin traded me and gave the bronze square it got when it killed it...i almost cried i was so happy, :shock:

moi_extraire.gif

Yes, I do know I'm not ranked in any REAL skills.