What Item Did you Treasure as a Newbie? - 12k+ Views!

equal_ibrium

Back in the days when I was a newbie, my most treasured item was 1 Law rune I found on the ground in the Varrock West Bank, 'cause it was said to be worth 1k! I thought I was rich beyond my wildest dreams!

When I first became a member I logged on and found myself in Al-Kharid. I sprinted to Ali M. and he hooked me up with some junk, but also with my "FIRST EVAH MEMBURZ ITEM": Desert Boots! I still have them at the first spot in my bank, where it will never leave except when I will journey into the desert. Once worn, it's immedeately stored back into it's worthy place ^_^

Next to those boots I have one more item I concider to be most valuable to me. No one would give more than 500gp for it, but I would honestly not sell it for even 500m. No, it's not a blue phat, and yes: it's a brown Fremmenik Cloak!

It's my lucky cape, and I take it with me on almost every adventure I have. Barrows trips: brown cape. Quests: brown cape. Getting my first mil: brown cape. Getting my 2nd mil: brown cape. Getting my 3rd mil: brown cape. Beating my -at the time- lvl 100 friend (I was lvl 66): brown cape.

I love that cape, and if I would ever happen to lose it I will go kill everyone I meet.

Past Member of the Order of Cabbage, leading the Cabbage forces to victory during Pie Vs. Cabbage 5. yay!

jochblahhm6.png

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my thing has always been clothes, i have like 16 rows of bank space being taken up by random robes from canafis and the gnome people, plus boots, capes and gloves to match... im now starting on the hats.

its all started with blue and black wizard robes when i was in f2p :P

sometimes there are days when i really want to hit you..... this is one of those days

The full iron and green d-hide that my friend gave me when I first started. Kept it for ages and didn't dare wear the iron for about 2 weeks in case i lost it, thinking it was worth loads :oops: .

Tyrrell9.gif

back in rsc, when i was a very low lvl i was on my way to the dwarf mine when i saw a red dot behind the big house. I thought id take a look and as i got closer i could see it was light blue and there was someone else running towards it. luckily I got there first, and looked in my inventory to find it was a rune 2h!!!!!! :o i couldnt believe it because it was the best weapon in the game then and spent all my time training to get lvl 40 att so i could use it (i was only just on mithril lol)

Mine isn't really item related. but it does deal with being young and anew in the world of runescape.....

Back in my glory days I was happily a skiller. Combat didn't really matter that much to me and I just trained it so I could defeat the evil dragon and wear rune!! I remember, after completing all the Free Quests I started to get bored of runescape. I thought it was silly how there was no way players could attack each other. I started to tell my friends this and they laughed...

To make a long story short, I "discovered" for the wild for the first time at level 53 combat and after completing all the Free Quests :oops:

When I first started playing, the best item in the game was the addy longsword which could only be obtained by buying it from the sword shop in varrock.

It cost around 3k from what I remember and trying to save up 3k just from drops from men and goblins was not easy. I chopped many logs and sold them to the shop for 1gp each on quite a few occasions to finally get my 3k.

I treasured my YoYo if it was full zamorak (I was non-member)

I hoped once the YoYo would become trade able and I would get alooot of money for it, like partyhats :P

Signature2.png

Need any help? or are you just wanting to chat for a bit? join our Social Club (cc: Judobreaker).

#-o i cant belive it, but i saved up for 2 months to buy myself 150 bronze pick axes and felt stupid when i found out you couldnt buy them all at once lol

i'm perfect unlike u! i betta at rs than u! i will hunt you down and kill u if you disobey me! i am not big-headed!

when i first came into rs my cousin made me mixed steel and iron fulls, but i lost them when i thought i could not lose to a lower level and a wizard killed me

i went to varrrock pleading for new armour....

day 4

i found a nice "mrs tish" she was called and she offered to make me full steels for free!!!

unluckily i was a noob and said "NO!! IRON FULLS" :notalk:

:-k :-k :-k :-k

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

i got a new set of armour

now a level 51 lesser's nightmare with full rune

wearing the imaginary f2p quest cape

My most prized newbie possessions were:

-An ammy of accuracy a friend gave to me (Still Have it)

-The cloak I got from a highway man in an epic battle that nearly killed me. I was so proud of beating him and getting that cloak.

Long ago when dinosaurs roamed the earth... actually last year, I was walking along south of draynor when I found a pile of junk apparently dropped by one of the black knights victims. In that pile of junk I found a Mithril Longsword. It was a sign from above obviously. :pray: And so from that day on I used nothing but longswords. When I became a member I picked flax and sold bow strings until I could buy a Dragon longsword. Woe was I when I found out I needed to do Lost City to use it, however I persevered. Many were the days I pwned with that thing. Many were the questions of why I used only longswords.

Then one day my closest friend, who I had known since F2p and had done Shield of Arrav with, gave me a Dragon Mace for my birthday. That was one of the few times I ever took free stuff from anyone and only then because I respected him. A few weeks later he talked of quitting RS to play another game. I was sad beyond words. I tried to talk him out of it but he would not be swayed. When he offered to give me his whip and barrows armor as well as his considerable fortune I refused, telling him that one day he would play again and would want it.

Months passed. One day I saw him log on and was overjoyed. But all he had to say was how great his new game was and how inferior Runescape was in comparison. He tried to convince me to play it but I refused. He continued to insult this fine game that I had come to enjoy so much and I grew impatient with him. We parted that day on less than friendly terms.

These days, if you see me, I'll almost always have in my right hand a Dragon mace. I use it to remember the friend I once had and hope one day he will return so that I might apologize to him for my harsh words. Many will the days be that I pwn with this thing. Many will the questions be of why I use only a Dragon Mace.

^ That story is 100% true. My item I treasured most as a newb was any type of longsword especially mithril. The one I treasure now is my beloved Dragon Mace along with my prayer armor.

Thats so sad :uhh: :cry: :( !!!!!

back then, my lv 5 days, i was not a noob. I was a newb though.

I knew value of most armour and weapons, but the item i treasured most was an uncut emerald that i got from the MoM. Someone was buying uncut gems, so I thought I could make some cash (sorta like the time I got a red bead off the floor and sold it for exactly 1253gp), and when I was offered 50gp, I declined completley! :notalk: And I said "no way!!!" and ran off back to lumby (I alwas ran back and forth from lumby and draynor like that!).

blackgoldrobesrv5.png

They don't have to be ingame or reportable. For all you know there could be invisible monkeys running around Varrock making faces at people. :P

Long ago when dinosaurs roamed the earth... actually last year, I was walking along south of draynor when I found a pile of junk apparently dropped by one of the black knights victims. In that pile of junk I found a Mithril Longsword. It was a sign from above obviously. :pray: And so from that day on I used nothing but longswords. When I became a member I picked flax and sold bow strings until I could buy a Dragon longsword. Woe was I when I found out I needed to do Lost City to use it, however I persevered. Many were the days I pwned with that thing. Many were the questions of why I used only longswords.

Then one day my closest friend, who I had known since F2p and had done Shield of Arrav with, gave me a Dragon Mace for my birthday. That was one of the few times I ever took free stuff from anyone and only then because I respected him. A few weeks later he talked of quitting RS to play another game. I was sad beyond words. I tried to talk him out of it but he would not be swayed. When he offered to give me his whip and barrows armor as well as his considerable fortune I refused, telling him that one day he would play again and would want it.

Months passed. One day I saw him log on and was overjoyed. But all he had to say was how great his new game was and how inferior Runescape was in comparison. He tried to convince me to play it but I refused. He continued to insult this fine game that I had come to enjoy so much and I grew impatient with him. We parted that day on less than friendly terms.

These days, if you see me, I'll almost always have in my right hand a Dragon mace. I use it to remember the friend I once had and hope one day he will return so that I might apologize to him for my harsh words. Many will the days be that I pwn with this thing. Many will the questions be of why I use only a Dragon Mace.

^ That story is 100% true. My item I treasured most as a newb was any type of longsword especially mithril. The one I treasure now is my beloved Dragon Mace along with my prayer armor.

Wow, touching story. :(

Anyway, whenever I bought a new set of armour or weapon in higher class than the previous one I would be like "COOL!" and look at it for a while to treasure it's "beauty" I think I bragged about it and annoyed a couple of people. I would always wear that armour everywhere I went.

adventurer86.png

suggest.gif

ORLYSIGLMAHFAO-3.gif

I would definitely have to say way back in the day on my first account that i dont even have any more because i gave it away my most treasured piece of equipment would have to be my addy 2h. I would not give this thing up for any amount of money ever such ridiculous amounts as 20k for it

runemhuntcape,jhunt6222004.gif

I didn't think much of armor until I started saving to get mith. I was ecstatic everytime I was able to buy another piece of armor. I remember my epic adventure around runescape to find the different shops that sold the different kind of armor. Above all my most prized posession was the mith 2h I eventually obtained back in rsc. I refused to ever sell it and held on to it for over a year (until I accidently sold it to a shop).

I also remember my brother telling me to buy a green halloween mask and I thought it was stupid and overpriced, but I eventually bought it for 125k in cash and extra rune items. I am glad i did that now.

Highlander%205.gif

Highlander%205.gif

Highlander%205.gif