What Item Did you Treasure as a Newbie? - 12k+ Views!

equal_ibrium

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

once i went to the stone circle near varrok. some 1 died, and left a wizard hat, robes and all. they were member only, but i had become a member to soon( at level 10). i think there the ones you get in canvis. i still have them. :D p.s, what if a noob found a party hat and thought it was junk?

LOL

Is and always will be

since the day i joined and saw what was a perfect stranger , now one of my best friends wearing it

full infinity .. i would take that over any phat or full dragon cause its colorful .. i have an affinity for infinity you could say

lol mines quite sad really:

when i was lv 4 my mate gave me a hammer and taught me how to smith (back in the days of rsc) i am now lv 95 with 80 smithing. and i still have that hammer... the only one i have ever used. and hopefully i will always use that hammer =)

so i still treasure it to this day. =)

monkeyqy5.th.jpg

My tinderbox. Every time I lost one, I'd quit rs for a few days. I didn't know about general stores back then :? Now I've got about 160 tinderboxes in my bank, and I'm still building on it!
I'm a tinderbox collector too ::'

Only I have closer to...um *cough*100,000*cough*

what? I don't like the dark :ohnoes:

oh, and by the way...Yes, it cost me a fortue or two \'

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

My 1k feathers, I killed chickens for about a month because my brother said he was going to buy them. once i got the feathers he said "oh i don't need them anymore" and i was like :evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted:

This feels exceptional on my under-carriage.

i got a bronze scimmy from begging once and i was sooo fascinated by its shape and color and i thought," OMG! Some idiot just gave me the best weapon in the world just for free!". I ended up having the bronze till combat lv 45......till i started smithing and i realised that there were other items of scimmy types like iron and steel..........boy did i feel nooby.

96326962oz5.th.jpg

back in 2003, i absolutely cherished my full addy (g) armor which cost me 650k...not exactly newbie (i was lvl 40-something), but read below for the kicker

...which i bought as someone a few squares away was selling a santa for 625k...

*kicks himself repeatedly in unmentionable places*

GAH!

Steel kite, a random dude gave it to me and I was like "OMG the best shield !!!" and then I traded to a dude for a bronze one he said bronze was better

I miss that kite >< jk

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

For me, it was a pair of rune legs that i looted back in rsc, some prayer beast pked it, then died and the loot was left and i managed to steal them, i was proud.. so i went back to the wild to show them off and poof, i died to and ended up losing them.. god i was such an idiot.

Yamitri.png

yamitri.png

Lol, i remember when i was a newbie... I played with a friend of mine all the time and we had some nice moments. The most memorable, i must say, is when a lvl 30 (oh, wow level 30 i thought) gave me a *gasp* FULL STEEL!!! I still remember that guy's name (i know I'm pathetic) .

runemwhiteknight,totodile00.gif

*points to avatar*

I also liked my Red Party hat :(

What exactly is that in your avatar? (never played RSC unfortunately and now I never will thanks to macro'ers) And is there really 3,040,031 (3 million-40 thousand-thirty one) of whatever it is??? that's alot! did they now denote things in K back then?

Anyway when i first started, I really liked magic... Or atleast the robes. I thought that priest robes were much cooler than some stupid iron armor so I would always buy priest robes from the Varrok clothes shop and then sit in the varrok general store staring at their inventory until I saw a black sq. shield and/or a black battle axe show up. That is what I always wore i thought it looked sooo cool. And i got so ticked when i lost it in the wild, which happened like 3-4 times, because I only knew to just sit in the general store and wait for hours until someone sold a new black sq. and black b-axe to the shop. Sooo pathetic! I honestly didn't start wearing normal armor till around lv. 25 combat and realized it was much better!

But for the longest time, that was my cool outfit; Dark Black Priest Robes (top & bottom), black wizards hat, black b-axe, and black sq. shield, and I treasured them dearly. lol

truevamopcopynh4.gif

When I Have It, It's the World's. When I Don't Have It, The World Is Mine.

i would have to say my tinderbox... i used to love making fires. But i lost my tinderbox from tutorial island and couldnt make fire for a couple of days so i stoped playing runescape for a week. Then i loged on and decided i have no choice but to make a new account so i'll have another tinderbox! :D

Later on i figured out what the general store was and thought it was so handy! and i felt sort of dumb for making a new account... <.<

EDIT: this is a true story, it was like 1 year before i made jacob account :XD:

jacob2002373.png

newbankofrsyq0.gif

The very first time i made an acount it was Dawgdog92. i was walking to varock and i was standing beside the West bank. Out of nowere a bunch of nats, a mith short, trout, and a couple chaos apeared. i was so happy i quickly ran to the general store and sold them all!! it was my first 1k ever :P after that i picked up about 50 noted coal and sold those aswell for another 1k :P

p.s not sure of exact numbers this was about 3 years ago i just remember what it was. for the first one there were a bunch of other stuff but i dont' remember.

pixelsigskulltextjopie2gc5.png

[Thank you very much Skull_Emblem For the Beutiful Sig And Jopie for doing the Text]

Wow, this topic comes on right around my one year anniversary on RS, weird.

The extra Bluerite Sword that I made so I could have one for myself. I still have that in my bank because it was the first thing I ever truly didn't want to lose on the game. I even have a funny story to go along with it. I was mining with one of my friends, and this one person was really ticked because we had both Iron rocks, so he said he reported me for having the Bluerite Sword and Ghostspeak Ammy. (I found that really funny knowing that you get to keep the Ghostspeak Ammy when you're done and you're supposed to have it.) I almost dropped it to try to avoid being banned, which is what I thought would happen, but I didn't and I wasn't banned! \'

mstrgmr11.png

Joined RS2: Late May/Early June 2006

100 Combat achieved on June 30, 2007 All skills 60+ achieved on August 22, 2007

Quest Cape achieved on September 8, 2007, at 104 Combat

Check out my blog to 85 Slayer!

I remember when me and my mate first started rs (2004) we looked on the equiptment screen and he said wow you must have to be lvl 20 to fill all the slots i said no way! atleast lvl 30 (yes we were noobs :oops: ) i finaly filled them all up at lvl 15 i was so proud!

I am iRange I accidently reactivated my account with a non exsistant e-mail (yeah I'm cool) so I'll be on here til an Admin can reactivate for me hehe.