What Item Did you Treasure as a Newbie? - 12k+ Views!

equal_ibrium

Three items :D

-Wooden Shield

(I thought that you could only get them from tutorial and island, and thus thought they were the best and rarest shield in the game :XD: )

-Goblin Mail

(My irl friend said you could wear them as a member, and pretend to be a goblin! :o ! So I kept hold of it and kicked his [wagon] when I found out he was lieing :thumbsup: )

-Rune Battle Axe

(I ran some essence for a friend, and he paid me with a rune battle axe \:D/ I could hit 13s zomg! :XD: )

RAWR!

dragonmcw,kazray.gif

A new study shows that 98% of teenagers listen to emo music. The other 2% have stayed straight gangster. If your apparently the 0% who still listens to rock, put this in your signature.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rofl mine was my full iron, i remember my freind made me a set and i got so happy... he later lured me and i died, quit for a week and a half when i came back on i got a cracker sold it for 39gp... GOD HELP ME!! :ohnoes: :ohnoes:

if you enjoy eating pizza please put this in your sig

start the revolution!!

P.S im only 9 stone

Back in the good ol' newb days, before all these fancy graphics appeared, I saw a guy selling an adamant pickaxe. He said it was 2.5k, so I worked my [wagon] off to get the cash and bought it. I treasured that thingy. <3:

Then it would probably be my rune longsword, I saved up for ages to buy that sword. I thought 33,000 coins was an absoloute fortune. When I finally bought it I was really happy. Then I went into the wilderness, got skulled, died and lost it. Gutted. :boohoo:

imawesometp9.gif

image,LittleBig,white,black.png

my rune scimitar.

I was killing guards in edge when a lvl 50 mager comes and wants a fight with me.

I say ok because im only wielding rune scimitar.

I then attack him first since i thought "I only have 1 item soo if i die i wont lose it".

As you might have guessed i died since he was using magic up to air blast.

I was soo sad i lost my 30k i was following him for 2 hours saying "Give it back you nooby nerd! You stole it from me!"

I was about to quit but then i met a guy with full gilded and yellow p hat that gave me full rune and a scimitar. :D

I was soo happy.

I would have quit playing if it wasnt for him.

Hmm, the way I started out was interestng.

To answer the question, I cherished my black longsword. I worked so hard, mining ore and selling it at the general store for 6gp ea. When I finally got that 900gp I was so happy.

Things kinda took off from there. I started figuring out ways to make money, and I had my first million gp before I was level 20.

i bought a broken rune pick axe in a general store once and turned 4k into 30k

but i treasured a blue beret that i got from party pete's once when i was still about level 50

Life is as pointless as this signature...

sig.jpg

2imak3l.png

My full addy (g) was my most treasured possession ever...there were others before that of course (my goblin mail was pretty special to me for quite some time)

Back to the addy...I bought it about 3 days after I became a member, and was training on hill giants when a scary looking level 90 (or so) player came up to me and said they wanted to buy it

I looked at their offer...I wasn't sure what it was, but they said it was very rare indeed and they were giving me an amazing offer

Reluctantly I accepted, looked the item up, and was gobsmacked...

And that was how I came to own a whip, back in the days when it cost 4.2m, at the ripe old combat level of 43. :shock:

When I started playing RuneScape there was no 3D version....it wasn't even thought of at that time....I played what is now called "Classic".

When I started out, I didn't even know about guides, or sites like Tip.It and just played around and learned things on my own....like the better places to mine, train combat....etc.

I saw a person with Full Rune Armor, and knew I wanted it....so I worked hard and did the quests and got to buy and wear the chest, and legs, bought the Kite from another player (probably paid too much for it too), but didn't know where to get the helms. I asked someone and they told me that Greater Demons dropped Rune Larges, and Lessers dropped the Medium.....so off I went to try my hand at Lessers, and that was no easy task back then because EVERYONE was training Lessers back then. Eventually I got my Medium....and I though it was the BOMB !

So, I tried for the Greaters....and after getting attacked numerous times by other payers, since Greaters were ONLY in the Wilderness, I managed to finally find a server that no one was on, and got that Large Helm---and then I ran my bum off getting out of the Wild to make sure I did not lose it...LOL !!!!

Getting that Large was the greatest feeling for me back then....

Later on, as a member, getting my first Dragon Half Shield was an amazing feeling....got it just as Jagex was discussing bringing out the 3d Version most everyone plays nowadays....must have killed 500 Black Demons or so to get it....and the 2 peeps that were there with me were like "Sell it to me....Please !!!!"

:thumbsup:

ha my most treasure possesion was my mith scimmy and when i could wield addy i was following EVERYONE that had one around trying to buy it i kept putting up 10k and nobody wanted 2 sell me the narbs and then in the end i followed someone, had 100k in my inv and payed 100k for a addy scimmy then died at the cows because i was on forums

I was so annoyed, then i went and brought a rune scimmy and was running around varrock shouting "I GOT A RUNE SCIMMY"

Monkeeeey

Got quest cape 21/5/07

We have nothing to fear but fear itself.

Monkeeeey.png

24.png

if i can remember correctly there is an iron mace respawn in edgeville

i was about lvl 6 and the only armour/ weapons i had were ones i had made, i could only make up to bronze meds though

when i found this spawn i told all my friends about it because it was such a good item, i stood there for ages collecting them then selling them to the general store

click the link ... its not a bad game

http://s2.gladiatus.com/game/c.php?uid=52738

I was in cow fields near lumby, when i saw someone reading a book. They showed it to me in a trade window and it was a secutity book (availiable from most general stores and security guard random event, but i didn't know that). I offered 20gp, all i had on me, but they demanded 5k. There was no way i could afford that so didnt buy. LAter on i was walkin up to varrock. I saw one on the floor and ran to get it. After reading it through a few time i decided i didnt need it, and i spent the next 3 days tryin to sell it in a bank for 5k and i was full of thoughs of being rich (most i had ever seen was about 300gp). After those 3 days and being called a noob many times for overpricing it when i didnt know, i decided to seel to a general store, expecting to get about 3.5k. Then i saw that the general store sold them for a few gp each. I was so gutted knowing i wasted 3 days tryin to sell something worth 1gp. Wot a complete noob!!! :wall: :wall: :oops: :oops: :wall: :wall:

Long ago when dinosaurs roamed the earth... actually last year, I was walking along south of draynor when I found a pile of junk apparently dropped by one of the black knights victims. In that pile of junk I found a Mithril Longsword. It was a sign from above obviously. :pray: And so from that day on I used nothing but longswords. When I became a member I picked flax and sold bow strings until I could buy a Dragon longsword. Woe was I when I found out I needed to do Lost City to use it, however I persevered. Many were the days I pwned with that thing. Many were the questions of why I used only longswords.

Then one day my closest friend, who I had known since F2p and had done Shield of Arrav with, gave me a Dragon Mace for my birthday. That was one of the few times I ever took free stuff from anyone and only then because I respected him. A few weeks later he talked of quitting RS to play another game. I was sad beyond words. I tried to talk him out of it but he would not be swayed. When he offered to give me his whip and barrows armor as well as his considerable fortune I refused, telling him that one day he would play again and would want it.

Months passed. One day I saw him log on and was overjoyed. But all he had to say was how great his new game was and how inferior Runescape was in comparison. He tried to convince me to play it but I refused. He continued to insult this fine game that I had come to enjoy so much and I grew impatient with him. We parted that day on less than friendly terms.

These days, if you see me, I'll almost always have in my right hand a Dragon mace. I use it to remember the friend I once had and hope one day he will return so that I might apologize to him for my harsh words. Many will the days be that I pwn with this thing. Many will the questions be of why I use only a Dragon Mace.

^ That story is 100% true. My item I treasured most as a newb was any type of longsword especially mithril. The one I treasure now is my beloved Dragon Mace along with my prayer armor.

Black coffee is my ally, green tea is my friend. Excuse me, I need to use the bathroom.

Don't call random people noobs. You've got nothing to gain and teeth to lose.

Insanity runs in my family. We get it from our parents, but it's not hereditary...

You can't spell slaughter without laughter.

You who stand against the darkness... get the **** out of my way!

My first trout that I fished :)

Oh, and of course, the monks robes. Man they looked cool <3:

Jcfc.jpeg

Thanks everybody for the sigs | 3,956 to 99 fishing | King of BsK 18/09/08 - 18/10/08

Chelsea Supporter | CD Supporter | AfterShock Member

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: Cotton Traders

Now what the hell are you waitin' for? After me, there shall be no more, so for one last time, make some noise.

I saved up for full mith i treasuerd it and loved it, then some mean heartless person killed me in the wildy :evil:

Master Of Muffins, pie Lovers not welcome

Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Lovley Spam

My lovely, darling black wizards hat. I forgot how important it was to me, so i dropped it one day needing more bank space.... then i became a member and was like 'Dang, I wish I had my wizaards hat....'

It went on Every Single quest with me.

Whenever I see one i still pick them up, I think I have a collection of them in my bank.... They still go questing with me <3:

.::Dare To Dance::.

me? hmm... *thinks over to the old days* i killed a goblin and got 5 coins.. it said gold pieces and i was like "WOW! 5 GOLD pieces!"

but that aint a item, i think it was them bronze pic's, i found a bronze pic, picked it up and treasured it, now im a bronze pic collector :D got about 700 of em, but i also collect rune pic's not much about 5? I LOVVE YOU BRONZE PIC"S!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3:

zabababoomboom

I LURV UU

My quest items.

- Amulet of Ghostspeak

- Blurite sword

- Silverlight

- Melzar's maze key

(F2P)

I keep them to show that I have completed those quests. :-#

(Taking up bank space -.- )

dragonsigred2ds0.jpg

F2P ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ 20M+ Overall Exp ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ My Blog

treasured items in order:

rune longsword-lost it in abyss because i didnt know wat being skulled meant

elemental shield

black beret

dragon longsword-worked so hard on the quest to get it

granite shield

dragon spear-figured out i got ripped off for it spent 600k

full karils-found out it was worst set of barrows and tahts why it was so cheap

full guthans

and now a santa

as a noob lol i used the pop up map instead of the other 1 and also i noted the bronze picaxe spawn in falador and all i did was mine and go smith from that mine south of fally to dorics anvil all day if i didnt know of that picaxe i would freaked if i ever lost it

Trying to learn HTML and CSS so if you can help me with any of that pm me

reaper8484.png

Support The New Bank Of Runescape