What Item Did you Treasure as a Newbie? - 12k+ Views!

equal_ibrium

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when i was still pretty new to the game i met a friend who wanted to go with me to the wildy but then he died and droped his mith (short)sword, i picked it up and asked if he wanted it back but then he told me i could have it :)

then i was over exited with joy!

but a few days later he quit :(

i now still have his sword as a memory

proud owner of a Quest Cape

^achieved on 18/02/07^

rick1250.png

~ Proud to have spend countless hours killing goblins with a steel mace on a laggy computer to get their 3gp to buy an Addy Battle Axe. After that, I was one of the richer people in rs, and people said "wow nice axe man."

That's what it takes to be a hero, a little gem

of innocence inside of you that makes you want

to believe that there still exists a right and wrong,

that decency will somehow triumph in the end.

--Lise Hand

In the days of early rsc, before even rune was released I spent many hours fishing lobsters on karamja and sailing to port sarim to cook and sell them. Doing this time after time I finally managed to buy the coveted addy plate for the 40k it was back then. ::'

Capone Sabre since April 2001.

99 Attack, Defence, Strength and Hitpoints Achieved January 2005. When it still meant something.

Capone_Sabre.png

I once started playing. I was walking in Lumbridge with no armor equiped. I remember it well, it was at the house south of the smithing thing. I was right in front of the south door, when someone traded me, and gave me full bronze. I was happy because it looked like real warrior armor. The only problem was, there were no legs, but skirt :oops: . I didn't realy mind, but when I look at people with skirts now, I think: "That looks very bad -.- ". Now I got something different than bronze, it's full Dragon :D . The only problem is that there are too much people that insult me because I'm a muslim, and also because I'm rich. 2 or 3 days ago it was realy crazy :shock: evreyone was saying bad things to me, and 1 person even broke about 5 or 6 rules :shock: .

50484187.png

Long ago when dinosaurs roamed the earth... actually last year, I was walking along south of draynor when I found a pile of junk apparently dropped by one of the black knights victims. In that pile of junk I found a Mithril Longsword. It was a sign from above obviously. :pray: And so from that day on I used nothing but longswords. When I became a member I picked flax and sold bow strings until I could buy a Dragon longsword. Woe was I when I found out I needed to do Lost City to use it, however I persevered. Many were the days I pwned with that thing. Many were the questions of why I used only longswords.

Then one day my closest friend, who I had known since F2p and had done Shield of Arrav with, gave me a Dragon Mace for my birthday. That was one of the few times I ever took free stuff from anyone and only then because I respected him. A few weeks later he talked of quitting RS to play another game. I was sad beyond words. I tried to talk him out of it but he would not be swayed. When he offered to give me his whip and barrows armor as well as his considerable fortune I refused, telling him that one day he would play again and would want it.

Months passed. One day I saw him log on and was overjoyed. But all he had to say was how great his new game was and how inferior Runescape was in comparison. He tried to convince me to play it but I refused. He continued to insult this fine game that I had come to enjoy so much and I grew impatient with him. We parted that day on less than friendly terms.

These days, if you see me, I'll almost always have in my right hand a Dragon mace. I use it to remember the friend I once had and hope one day he will return so that I might apologize to him for my harsh words. Many will the days be that I pwn with this thing. Many will the questions be of why I use only a Dragon Mace.

^ That story is 100% true. My item I treasured most as a newb was any type of longsword especially mithril. The one I treasure now is my beloved Dragon Mace along with my prayer armor.

wow touching

When i was a noob i almost quit as soon as i got to lumbdrige. I walked out of the castle and by the fishing spot on the river there was two men fighting and yelling at each other over race and that only white men should play and the other was like its a free country and a game. so yea that was just a bad first impression of the game.

When i was a noob i was in varrok and thought that you could only buy things from the shop( i didnt know how to trade of follow =/ ) and i saw that a steel scimmy was 628 gp (i forget the correct ammount) and i couldnt buy it from that moment on i wanted one soo bad. I saved up all my gold untill i have 500 gp then i sold alot of my stuff for like 5 gp each to a shop. Then somehow i made it to al karid and found the scimmy shop and baught one i was soooooo happy!

Also when i was a noob I started killing chickens (with my newly baught steel scimmy) untill i was lvl 20 i got like 7k feathers and sold them all for 5 gp each. i got 35k i was astonished i was like wowowowowowo! then i spent it all on my little bro and friend who had just started playing. but i felt like a god when i got my steel scimmy!

my best friend gave me a gold necklace when i first started so i wouldn't look like such a noob. Backthen my quote was "fight to the death - then a bit more!" cuz i died a lot....

I ended up losing most of the stuff i'd have worked for, and when i hoped to find an iron scim or such -

I have a gold necklace in my inv.

It got so annoying i think i sold it =;

I once started playing. I was walking in Lumbridge with no armor equiped. I remember it well, it was at the house south of the smithing thing. I was right in front of the south door, when someone traded me, and gave me full bronze. I was happy because it looked like real warrior armor. The only problem was, there were no legs, but skirt :oops: . I didn't realy mind, but when I look at people with skirts now, I think: "That looks very bad -.- ". Now I got something different than bronze, it's full Dragon :D . The only problem is that there are too much people that insult me because I'm a muslim, and also because I'm rich. 2 or 3 days ago it was realy crazy :shock: evreyone was saying bad things to me, and 1 person even broke about 5 or 6 rules :shock: .

report them like crazy dude, thats one of the worse crime i can think of!!! (no sarcasm)

my most valeud item in my nooby days was probaly my silverlight because i pwned a lvl 27 demon with it =), now lvl 86 with full verac, stil pwning demons with my sword =-)

my full bronze

i thought it was so cool that i bragged to my freind about it

he had a combo of steel and mith :oops:

at least bronze is the rarest armour in the game

its so easy to get better stuff, people just ditch it first chance they get, so there are probably only about 1000 full sets in the game

Contrary to Popular Belief, 2 plus 2 does NOT equal 6 1/2

dwarf_lord30.png

-Dwarf Lord30

Well, it's not really a single item, but

My friend walked me through rune mysteries..

I mined nothing but Rune essence from level 1 to level 35.

Then did Doric's Quest.

Then mined more essence.

I loved rune essence more than life itself.

Of course...that was back when you could sell them 30 each...before the Great Essence Split.......way to crash the market guys....jeez. Oh well. :wall:

The Llama 79

(Insert fancy signature here.)

Guest ShadowClawe
My chisel!! I still have it, and i've cut over 2k gems with it :D I love my chisel and if i every lose it i'll quit rs :boohoo:

If you lose it, Ill give you a free one!!

lol

Mine is Bronze Sq Shield (I think someone said this already)

I was bare naked in Lumbridge. Well not really. With my wooden shield in one hand and a bronze sword in the other, I was killing goblins in my newb days. Then one of them dropped a bronze sq shield. I was like "OMG bronze sq shield!!!!!!!!"

Oh and by the way, A lot of you are putting stuff in there that aren't really "Newb items". Like rune items or addy items. I think what the author of this thread meant by "Items you treasured as a newb" is items that are close to worthless, or, if the average player saw it on the ground, he wouldn't pick it up. Such as bronze or iron.

Ok, heres what a newb item is.

Go to Varrock world 1 or 2, west bank.

Stand right next to a bank booth.

Have your friend drop an item.

Count how many seconds between the time the item appears on the ground to you, and when it is picked up by someone.

If the time is less than 5 seconds, chances are its not a newb item!

its so easy to get better stuff, people just ditch it first chance they get, so there are probably only about 1000 full sets in the game

Whats 3rd Age then; the extremely common 300mil armour? :-k :roll:

probably the dumbest and most uneducated estimate i've ever heard.

truevamopcopynh4.gif

When I Have It, It's the World's. When I Don't Have It, The World Is Mine.

Well, this is true, when i got my tinderbox from tutorial island, i thought you couldnt get another one anywhere else, i didnt see any in shops or people selling them ( I wonder why) and so i was soo scared to loose my tindy, when i got a tinderbox drop from goblins i was soo excited! I was like YES! I dont need to worry bout losing my other one, and i must be the only other person with 2 tindies! :D lol

:oops:

And i still have my very first one :D (i like to think so anyway)

frangellica.png

frangellica.png

mine is proberly a certificate i found on the floor. I kept it for no reason. Then one day i started the shield of arrav quest. And i found out i didnt need to do the quest cos i got the final item. :D

I guess it was lucky me

The first item i really ever wanted / started to save up my money for was the rune pick. I bought it at the pick store in the fally mines and i thought it was the best thing that ever happened. It was alos the first rune item i had ever owned. Mining use to be my favorite skill... now on the other hand i hate it :P

emflum5eq5.gif

PRIVATE CHAT ON My Blog

Dragon Drops:2 Chains, 4 Meds, 1 2H, 2 Left Halves, 2 Legs, 1 Skirt

Rate My Bank!

My Adament Platebody..

Found 6k arrows in Port Sarim one day and Nearly had a heart attack.

This was way back in RSC when Bronze arrows were the only arrows avaliable in f2p (Excluding Bolts)

Communism is not fit for humans. We are not good enough for it.

Tip.It is officially Red. o.0

Guest ShadowClawe
mine is proberly a certificate i found on the floor. I kept it for no reason. Then one day i started the shield of arrav quest. And i found out i didnt need to do the quest cos i got the final item. :D

I guess it was lucky me

No, actually when you try and turn it in before you finish the quest, the king says, "The certificate doesn't even have your name on it!"

A few pices of coal I found on the ground. I sold them for about 100 each and I was thinking "Wow! I got 300gp! My friends will be so proud! I guess I can provide for myself now!"

And also my steel pickaxe <3: . I had it for 2 years. I mined a lot back in the day, as it was the best way to make money to me.

EDIT:

No..I did that, and the King took my certificate...

7,436th to 99 fishing on July 13, 2008

[hide=Quotes that I lol'd at]

the day the fantastic four come into runescape, i will eat my socks.

what kind of topic is this. ihaven't read it yet

but i now it must be stupid.

[/hide]