should we just report all *more than likely botters*?

Infernalz

Ortiz...why do you care if people report you for macroing?

Yes, reporting all low lvls for autoing IS sterotyping, but it isnt harming anyone. If you dont wanna be reported, talk. If you dont talk, deal with it. Runescape has a big macro problem, and we all know that. I dont care if I report a few skillers, I'm just helping out...

madmax_410.png

madmax_410.png

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, whenever I see a bald lvl 3 in default clothes fishing, WCing, etc, I always report them. You can be sure that the vast majority of them are bots.

I'm a lvl 3 skiller with few scores in the highscores and don't talk to people because they generally aren't worth my breath.. or rather the movement of my fingers #-o I also don't wear much so I can run longer.

It's a major stereotype to go report all lvl 3s.

It may be a 'stereotype', but they didn't get it for no reason. You can't say all those lvl 3s are just pure skillers and nothing more. :shame:

What a rediculous suggestion, I have a pure woodcutter and miner who is level 3, there is a level 3 mod, zzzamorak with about 10 99's, including woodcutting, and 55 slayer :? .

How can he have level 55 and still only have level 3 combat, that doesn't make sense.

fathertime89.png

Smithing-48 strength-66 Ranged-47 Magic-55

Humor is reason gone mad- Groucho Marx

I am a nobody and nobody is perfect, therefore I am perfect.

Im gonna make a default looking lvl 3 named mjn232 that cuts yews and I wont talk. Ban me

well today at 11:30 am 14 years ago i was born.. wo0t!!!
At 11:30 you should start holding your head underwater wo0t!!!
Stop acting such a moron.

I say report them. If the shoe fits.

and what if it's a skiller? well he's not cheating is he, so he will not get banned.

Im gonna make a default looking lvl 3 named mjn232 that cuts yews and I wont talk. Ban me

So basically "he guys look at me, I'm going to act like an autoer so that you will report me and I can go talk about how you're accusing me based on circumstantial evidence"

The skillers reported will not get banned (being unfairly banned is VERY rare), so if you report them they don't get harmed. Also, getting rid of macroers is a major priority.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

It doesn't matter if you report them all, if they are doing nothing wrong, then no action will be taken thus no harm done...

In my opinion instead of jagex relying on people to to report macroers they should line up all the level 3's that have just one high skill, e.g. 78 fishing but nothing else, and screen them all that way.....

Im sure there is many ways the can compile a list of people to check out....

I for one report every level 3 i see if im at catherby fishing, for example. Like i said if theyre innocent, they have no cause for concern..

uwbo.png

99 Herblore, 30m+ exp

99 Farming, Smithing, Prayer, Magic, Crafting, Cooking, Fletching.

if theyre innocent, they have no cause for concern..

If only that was true, unfortunately jagex are only human; they can and will make mistakes. Then again lvl 3 skillers make their character usually in full knowledge of macroers and choose to do it - arguably setting themselves up for a fall.

Yes, reporting all low lvls for autoing IS sterotyping, but it isnt harming anyone. If you dont wanna be reported, talk. If you dont talk, deal with it. Runescape has a big macro problem, and we all know that. I dont care if I report a few skillers, I'm just helping out...

Haha......... You make me sick. This idea has to be the stupidest thing i have heard lately. You guys go ahead report all the 'autoers' and enjoy your warnings for obssesive reporting :XD:

addympraycape,fire%20axe%20777.gif

33 Abyssal Whip Drops 8 Dragon Drops

my belief is all lvl 3 players found up in wilderness mage arena should be banned as they just sit for 24 hours a day buying up all the runes that are possible too make profit from!

Now try and tell me these guys arent bots!!!

They really **** me off sometimes when you are in urgent need of some runes

Barcrest1983.gif[/url]

Guest Lue_Dogs

just report them all, or send jagex complete lists of autoers. they surely know who is innocent.

Haha......... You make me sick. This idea has to be the stupidest thing i have heard lately. You guys go ahead report all the 'autoers' and enjoy your warnings for obssesive reporting :XD:

Stupid? Cant see why it is... I dont report people that get in coversations...basically if their lvl 3-20, cut a high lvl tree, wear nooby clothing, and dont talk I report. Most skillers I seen were wearing wizard robes (t) or (G). I dont report those...

The whole problem would be solved alot quicker if everyone reported most lvl 3-20s with nooby clothing, dont talk, and cut a high lvl tree/fish a high lvl fish.

madmax_410.png

madmax_410.png

It's very, very easy to tell the difference between gold farmers/autoers and legitimate players.

Just the other day I went to lumbridge to plant a tree and decided to cut the yews while I was there. Look what I found..

autoftwfx7.th.png

All level 3-4 wearing the same tutorial item clothing, holding steel woodcutting axes and with only woodcutting in the highscores. <.<

Yes, I reported them all. They are now all banned.

Anyone who has been playing RuneScape for a long time knows that before rs2 came out the game was plagued by autoers. This is now repeating itself with the gold farmers. This is a huge problem that from what I have seen is getting worse on a weekly basis. Everytime I visit that farming patch I see at 2-3 autoers/gold farmers at the very least.

This is far, far more important than people who don't want to play the full game and decide to stay level 3 for some ludicrous attention grabbing reason. Please make sure you report ANY suspicious level 3 you see.

Capone Sabre since April 2001.

99 Attack, Defence, Strength and Hitpoints Achieved January 2005. When it still meant something.

Capone_Sabre.png

If you add the name of suspected bot family member, let's say "lol a01" (yes, this is a real family I reported and I've yet to see them back online since), they'll usually show as online.

Next, add lola02, ao3, etc... most if not all will be on, in different worlds.

*If*, I have the time, I go to each world, and report them all.

Until Jagex finds a way to implement some sort of 'anti-bot' code into the game (if even possible), bots are here to stay.

Just keep reporting.

I don't know if other people said this, I didn't have time to read all the posts. But that is a very silly suggestion. Every level 4,5,6,7,8,9 and so on still starts out as a level 3. It's very easy to tell when someone is an autoer, report them if you must, but don't just report innocent people. Even if they won't get banned it's common sense not to waste your time.

Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, your commodity drops in value.
[url=http://www.imagehosting.com][img]http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i773526_stingtag.gif[/img][/url] [quote name="Capone_Sabre"]People in the wilderness will [b]always[/b] insult you no matter what you do. Just ignore it and kill them.[/quote]

Ok before you read this i would like to say i am not an autoer!

Autoers arnt actually that bad unless you fish or wc really, they help fletchers by keeping a good supply of logs in so the price stay cheap, they lowr the prices of sharks ect...

Lets face the fact that jagex will never completely stop autoers, so why not learn to adapt?

Iapa.png

Just dont go around reporting level three. If they seem suspicous(low lvl, generic looking character, nothing but essential tools equiped), trade, ask if they are an autoer, and if you get no response to either, then report.

vilnn2.png

Some people are like slinkies, normally they are dull, but they always give you a smile

when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I have a level 3 skiller.

I don't talk much with her (nonmember), even though my public is on Hide (so I can see what people say but it won't [bleep] up my split chat being set to off) mostly because 95% of this game is too immature for me to even feel remotely interested in spending the effort to talk to them.

I have trade off, because it's annoying enough seeing:

You get some yew logs.

You get some yew logs.

You get some yew logs.

You get some yew logs.

You get some yew logs.

I don't need to see:

Ohnoesalevel3Imustreportyou wants to trade.

You get some yew logs.

You get some yew logs.

You get some yew logs.

You get some yew logs.

You get some yew logs.

You get some yew logs.

You get some yew logs.

I don't look like an autoer, but I'm not the kind of person that wastes 500k on (t) or (g) equipment when untrimmed has the exact same stats, and is one thousand percent less expensive.

No amount of reporting is going to end the problem: They can simply make new accounts. None of your arrogant vigialantism is going to have an effect until Jagex alters the way you can create characters to where once someone has a certain number of the same infraction against them, all their relevant characters are banned, and they lose the ability to ever make a runescape character again.

Since that's impossible in the kind of world we live in, (yay for anonymity, particularly f2p), it'll never end.

Maybe Jagex can ban credit cards i.e. for member autoers. That's the only thing I can see saving sharks and such, unless they pull a "pure yew/willow/etc." thing again.

Black as midnight, Black as pitch, Blacker than the foulest Witch.

No. I have a pure woodcutter called Yew_Stink1 (haha :P ) and I usually have my Public Chat on Friends or Off so I don't get distracted.

Same. I also have a level 3 skiller and if I don't have my chat off I normally don't answer questions anyway just because I don't understand leet speak :XD:

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

I dunno autoers seem to be getting smarter and leveling at least to like lvl 5 making lvl 3 skillers more innocent but most of them are real people, gold farming so do we report them for real world trading but we dont have much (I say much beacuse they are low lvl cutting/mining for hours) evidence?

:uhh:

siggy ^.^