should we just report all *more than likely botters*?

Infernalz

since this has gone 1 way and another, i changed the tittle to have it be more open, not just lvl 3s, and *more than likely botters* because if not a lvl 3, then they are more than likely a botter.

as we have all seen by now, there are still bots out there. JAGeX has made some great efforts of banning the bots, yet there are still many out there, at the mage shop in port sarim, at the yew trees... everywhere, at some spawn somewhere, at any shark fishing spot. and guess what, there all lvl 3s. now, should we just report them or what? i mean ya SOME of the lvl 3s at yews or whatnot could actually be a real player, but they will talk. bots dont.

so im asking, should we just report all *more than likely botters*? i mean if they look the part, have the basic out fit from tutorial island, a name with no orignallity, such as -----MAKING THIS UP----- yew cutter99999999999999, and dont talk when they are talked to. and usually this seems to be the case, i have yet to meet a lvl 3 that isnt a bot :wall:

and i know that some lvl 3s could actually be new players to the game, just off tutorial island, starting their adventure through RS, but do they have the skill lvl to cut yews, fish sharks etc.? no. or a pure skiller but than again pure skillers would talk, or have more than 1 skill in the HS.

so post what you think about just reporting lvl 3s. or, as ive seen many people say, just ban all lvl 3s that only have 1 skill in the HS.

stealthisandikillyoucc3.gif

^Click for my Newgrounds page!

Jedrek13.png

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a rediculous suggestion, I have a pure woodcutter and miner who is level 3, there is a level 3 mod, zzzamorak with about 10 99's, including woodcutting, and 55 slayer :? but anyway, so because a low level has a high level skill, they should be banned?

Jagex has a very good bot detection system which is how they deal with this problem.

If you read the runescape homepage you will see they banned around 19k accounts a few weeks ago, all of which were either botting or real world trading.

One of the worst suggestions i've ever heard to be honest.

Im back =]

Of course not :-s

But if you see a huge mob of lvl 3-4s at yew trees, or elsewhere, in the typical "autoer" attire, it would then be appropriate to report the whole bunch of them.

No. I have a pure woodcutter called Yew_Stink1 (haha :P ) and I usually have my Public Chat on Friends or Off so I don't get distracted.

How do you get distracted while you wc? o_O You click a tree and wait :?

On topic: A level 3 cutting yews/doing other high levelled tasks in the default clothes is really just asking to be reported (you'd think their autoers would at least change that for them). :XD: I usually report any I see, if it turns out they're not Jagex will know anyway, so it's no harm done. However a level 3 in any other clothing than the default, I would always make doubly sure they are actually an autoer, and not just a pure.

Dork.jpeg

Sig And Avatar by Tripsis - 99 Slayer Blog - My Pyramid Plunder Guide

Owner of Fire Cape since 28-09-2005 - 426th to 99 Strength

There are lots of Lvl 3 skillers out there who are legitamit (sp?). Look up Zzzamorak, and Summer Sleep if you want examples.

~~Let The Dragon ride again, on the winds of time~~

dragonrebornkr1.jpg

I've always felt as if I'm the only person who can understand the concept of sarcasm on the internet.

Jagex can tell when someone is autoing. If you report a legit person, they shouldn't get banned. Not saying that Jagex doesn't make mistakes...but most of the time, they are right.

w4M8t.png

You should try and talk to the lvl 3s before reporting them, if they dont answer after a few minutes then go on a reporting jamboree...

(If you ever want to have a "Get Woodcutting macroers banned by reporting them over and over again and eventually make the price and demand of yews go up" party then go to any world south of draynor bank to those trees there. Theres always at least 1 macroer... :wink: )

Pasty.png

You should try and talk to the lvl 3s before reporting them, if they dont answer after a few minutes then go on a reporting jamboree...

horrible stratagey. im lvl 121 i rarley talk to any 1 on rs who talks to me via chat box (ima private message person + anti social in rs)

talking isnt a rule you have to follow, autoing is on the other hand.

you should check out the guide to killing green drag and yew autoers. a majorty of people (and myself) find more joy out of watching them die then reporting them.

Well, they definetly cant ban everyone with 1 lvl in high scores...that'd be a disaster.

But, you should report most lvl 3-10s cutting yews, mages, fishing sharks etc. Unless they are obviously arent one, go ahead and report them.

And why not report them all? If they truly arent autoing, nothing will happen. Calm down people...

madmax_410.png

madmax_410.png

There are some Level 59 Auto-Nat Runecrafters here in P2P. So all macroers/goldfarmers are NOT level 3.

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

:-k I always talk to them for 10 sec, then I do some emotes for 30 sec, and finally I stand there for 20 sec...if nothing I report.

I report right away if there is someone named(in example) yewman001 followed by a guy named yewman002 and so on... -.- Tell me they arent autoing -.-

There are some Level 59 Auto-Nat Runecrafters here in P2P. So all macroers/goldfarmers are NOT level 3.

also green dragon bots which are 60-90 even though its rare for 80+.

I'm a lvl 3 skiller with few scores in the highscores and don't talk to people because they generally aren't worth my breath.. or rather the movement of my fingers #-o I also don't wear much so I can run longer.

It's a major stereotype to go report all lvl 3s.

redbullsigortiz.jpg