How to make 1M in about 2.5 hours

topper4125

EDIT: The prices have changed since I wrote this quide, you can now make 1M in about 2.5 hrs... check the screengrab on page 3 for info.

This is just a fast and ugly posting of how to make some fast money (about 400k per hour) enjoy:

Start Lunar Diplomacy quest (You only have to start, not finish, and I mean JUST START.. the money making happens immediatly!)

When you first start the quest you get transported to a small ship that is next to a large ship

87528310.jpg

Go up the 2 ladders and finally cross the plank getting you onto the large ship, start heading to the back of the ship and take the stairs.

89153996.jpg

When you get downstairs head into the two rooms to the south of the ship.. there are 3 barrels that are filled with swamp tar.

28973267.jpg

Just start picking it out of the barrels, the respawn time for the first barrel you picked from is about 5 seconds after you picked from the last barrel

1194575.jpg

Swamptar sells for 400gp on the forums, and is stackable.. you'll get anywhere from 1 to 8 tars per picking of 1 barrel, and the respawn time of the barrels is about 5 seconds after you pick all 3... you can stand here all day and pick tar... you'll get about 1100 an hour. If you sell them on forums that comes to about 440,000 gp per hour. At this rate, you can make over 4 million a day with no fighing, no anti-poisons, no fletching, or spinning.. no skills whats so ever... just pick till your bored, and sell it on forums (or use it to make ammo for salamanders which makes leveling in herblore a cakewalk...)

But if you want to sell it... You'll have about 2750 in about 2.5 hours: 2750 x 400gp =1,100,000 gp not too shabby.

My Skiller - 7opper - http://myskiller.wordpress.com

7opper.png

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it sounds like an excellent way to earn money, i might have to try it sometime to make money, if not to gain herblore levels(my level is low, and i forget how to raise it :XD: )

asigthegodofsoupzz0.gif

The spelling and grammar of that email was that of an 11 year old palestinian goatboy who is speaking english for the first time
Quite simply, Facebook craps on Myspace. Then makes it eat the crap.

Nice find, I may include this method in an all-inclusive money-making guide I'm going to write this summer. 10/10, new way to make money.

Do you need any requirements at all to start Lunar Diplomacy? Or are all the lvls just used for actions within the quest?

perfect grammar is one thing, typing like a drugged monkey and enjoying it is another

AMEN!

nice

prob try this 1 day

u could also go 2 lumby swamp

cya

[hide]great[/hide]

Swamp gives tar not paste. Though you can get lots of tar and get flour from the Sinclair mansion and make paste there.

Sleeping-in-cushionhigh.jpg

Nice find, I may include this method in an all-inclusive money-making guide I'm going to write this summer. 10/10, new way to make money.

Do you need any requirements at all to start Lunar Diplomacy? Or are all the lvls just used for actions within the quest?

Requirements For Lunar are:

Quests: The Fremennik Trials, Lost City, Rune Mysteries, Shilo Village

Skills: Level 61 Crafting, Level 40 Defence, Level 49 Firemaking, Level 5 Herblore, Level 65 Magic, Level 60 Mining, Level 55 Woodcutting

I'm not sure if the Skill levels are required to start or are just needed to do parts of the quest...I was well above these before I started the quest (actually, I haven't even finished Lunar yet).

7opper.png

Requirements For Lunar are:

Quests: The Fremennik Trials, Lost City, Rune Mysteries, Shilo Village

Skills: Level 61 Crafting, Level 40 Defence, Level 49 Firemaking, Level 5 Herblore, Level 65 Magic, Level 60 Mining, Level 55 Woodcutting

I'm not sure if the Skill levels are required to start or are just needed to do parts of the quest...I was well above these before I started the quest (actually, I haven't even finished Lunar yet).

All skills levels are required to start :)

Quest cape obtained at combat level 83, march 07.

nice

Swamp gives tar not paste. Though you can get lots of tar and get flour from the Sinclair mansion and make paste there.

Swamp paste is VERY easy to get, buy it from the ship docked at catherby starting at 75gp, switch worlds, and repeat.

You can skip the flour runs to Sinclair that way.

7opper.png

darn i wanted to spem that 1m in 5 hours stinks...

but I will spam that this could be a new auto spot...

but anyway, nice guide

63herb3-1.jpg

Rofl. My chair has a fridge, a cooler, a toilet, a shower, and a barbecue bulit in.

Hey, I may have quite Runescape, but I just bought an XBOX 360 and play way to much COD4 with the Gamertag Lava Mage

Hmmm it seems like a good way of making money but it seems very boring.

Indeed. I personally wouldn't be able to stand it. (And I gathered 20K snape grass in a row.)

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

Hmmm it seems like a good way of making money but it seems very boring.

I'll admit it can be a little boring, but it pays the same as bowstrings, but you don't need to do all the bank runs (tar is stackable, flax/strings aren't) so that makes it a whole lot faster.

7opper.png

Umm, so I just need verification - once I start the Lunar Diplomacy questa nd go no the ship, I can stay there forever? Even if I leave then come back, will I be able to get inside to pick the swamp tar again?

22woger22.gif

22woger22.png

Umm, so I just need verification - once I start the Lunar Diplomacy questa nd go no the ship, I can stay there forever? Even if I leave then come back, will I be able to get inside to pick the swamp tar again?

Yup.. You can stay there as long as you want.. Bring Tele Runes (or use the freeby Lumby tele... Leave for other things... and come back... I've done it a number of times.. and STILL haven't finished the quest (Lunar Doesn't really appeal to me)

When you want to go back. Go talk to the boatman that took you there the first time he'll say something to the effect of "I wish you would make up your mind, I'm not a taxi service" and you'll be popped back to the base of the boat (ScreenGrab one on the first post of this thread).

7opper.png

Sounds like the flax method except with tar, lol.

Good idea though :D Although it would bore me in the first two rounds...

It pretty much is the Flax method.. but no need to bank run.. Tar is stackable... Flax is not. I don't think most people get 1100 flax an hour.

7opper.png

I'm guessing that they are impossible to sell tbh.

I usually sell all of mine within 5-20 minutes after posting them on forums. I've never had a problem with them.

87233733.jpg

Not bad for 12:45 AM Pacific on a Wednesday.. it would look better if it were a busy afternoon...

7opper.png

Thank you topper - it is a great guide. Now I just need to increase my crafting from 57 to 61. Which one is the fastest xp - making coifs or spinning flax?

Also, if I finish Lunar Diplo, can I still come back to this ship and take the swamp tar? Is it best to pick the swamp tar alone, instead of with friends to talk with - does it respawn for every individual or for the first person to get it (What i mean is that is it faster to take it individually or with other people))? And have you timed yourself collecting the swamp tar? Is 550 swamp tar an hour an estimate or a realistic average?

If you have space in your friends list, kindly add me to it, I'd like to chat with you about this jewel of easy moneymaking. :)

22woger22.gif

22woger22.png