Guitar Hero/Rock Band Discussion thread

Karmastocracy

Sorry for sounding ignorant, and I'm not flaming but, I don't get what's so good about Guitar Hero. I don't see how mashing buttons pretending to play a guitar is fun. And how has it managed to last as long as it has? Every game is the same, just with different songs. Please enlighten me people.

have you played it?

Yes, I have and I honestly don't see whats so good about it.

happysigbp0.jpg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for sounding ignorant, and I'm not flaming but, I don't get what's so good about Guitar Hero. I don't see how mashing buttons pretending to play a guitar is fun. And how has it managed to last as long as it has? Every game is the same, just with different songs. Please enlighten me people.

have you played it?

Honestly, when I think about it, I don't get why I think its as fun as real guitar, since I play both. However, I believe that most people like it because of the satisfaction you get from beating a song.

i r tink tht a11 ppl shud use g00d gr@m3r since g00d gr@m3r is ftw.

Just rebeat Through the Fire and Flames on Expert - twice.

Can beat it every time I get past the intro now - without needing Starpower too.

337k is my best so far, still 250k off 5 stars, probably about 60k or so off 4 stars.

Speaking of stars, got 4 stars on Raining Blood and Before I forget now. Still haven't got 5 stars on One, so close. Still on 3 stars on Number of the Beast, the intro just kills my hand that I can't strum for the rest of the song :(

Final Scores:

1st: SaidinWoT - 338,237

2nd: Bongo Man - 318,000

3rd: xXKiteXx - 177,730

Lol at the gap between 2nd and 3rd. :lol:

Next Song: Helicopter

Yay! Helicopter! :D

FMAsig.jpg

[If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Just got it for the PS2 a couple days ago. (GH3) Already FCed Miss Murder and My Name is Jonas on medium, and beat the career. (almost 4-starred every main setlist song, still can't beat TTFAF though -.-) Only beaten Slow Ride on hard, got really lucky that time though.

Yeah, I'm moving along pretty well I'd say. ::'

Jmclark911.png

Jmclark911.png

Nope, Bongo_Man is on PS2 ::'

Woah, I assumed wrongly too. I'm in now, though I spend most of my time on Hard.

Now to show off my bad mobile phone pic quality.

PS> How often are songs due?

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

PS> How often are songs due?

It's supposed to be every 48 hours, but Diesel is lazy so it's totally random most of the time :lol:

p2gq.jpg

Nope, Bongo_Man is on PS2 ::'

Which sucks, because they just released a Soothsayer DLC :wall:

5*ed in on Expert Sightread =P

4*ed the other two but only because i was saving star power (Had > 2.6x multiplier for both of them)

The songs are easy to finish/5 star next to impossible to FC

surfing with the alien trills. :ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :shock: :shock: :shock: :o :o :o

LOL I saw a video of it and i was like wtf :o

No access to DLC's blows :wall:

FMAsig.jpg

surfing with the alien trills. :ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :shock: :shock: :shock: :o :o :o

LOL I saw a video of it and i was like wtf :o

No access to DLC's blows :wall:

Yes, yes it does. I was considering buying a Wii just for DLC for World Tour, but I don't think it would be worth it.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

have you played it?

+1

I play real guitar, and trust me it is a lot better. You are not impressing girls by beating through the fire and the flames on expert with a plastic toy controller shaped like an instrument, getting all sweaty and greasy mashing the buttons.

+1

I play real guitar, and trust me it is a lot better. You are not impressing girls by beating through the fire and the flames on expert with a plastic toy controller shaped like an instrument, getting all sweaty and greasy mashing the buttons.

Or, you know we play this game for FUN and not to "impress girls". You can't deny that this game takes skill to play and in my opinion it CAN be impressive.

I know someone who plays real guitar, and he chases girls constantly but for some reason they aren't impressed with his uber REAL GUITAR skillz.

. . . For real, no one plays to impress anyone. I've tried real guitar, but it's never held my interest simply because it takes years and years to be good at it, and even then you probably can't play One, Cliffs of Dover, etc. GH takes a week or two to learn and then you can play through songs you love and have fun. Which is the whole point of the game: have fun.

p2gq.jpg

Life is not all about impressing girls.

If I were to take something up, it'd be for fun, and not for solely "picking up" girls. Whats wrong with having a little fun?

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Life is not all about impressing girls.

:^o

Lol j/k, by the way I'm having trouble with Helicopter again :wall: wish I could've taken a pic when I FC'd it before, gahh...

FMAsig.jpg